Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: Byrd Claimed

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    6,065

    Byrd Claimed

    Marlon Byrd was placed on revocable waivers (as is common this time of year) and was claimed by an unnamed team. Could it be the Reds? The Bucs? The Fillies were said to be asking for an outrageous return before the deadline. Could the August waiver period lower their demands somewhat?

    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...on-clears.html

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,148

    Re: Byrd Claimed

    Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Marlon Byrd was placed on revocable waivers (as is common this time of year) and was claimed by an unnamed team. Could it be the Reds? The Bucs? The Fillies were said to be asking for an outrageous return before the deadline. Could the August waiver period lower their demands somewhat?

    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...on-clears.html
    If it's the Reds hopefully Skip and Heisey were in the package

  4. Likes:

    WVRedsFan (08-06-2014)

  5. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,579

    Re: Byrd Claimed

    Doesn't it just mean that the Phillies will revoke the waiver?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    6,065

    Re: Byrd Claimed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Doesn't it just mean that the Phillies will revoke the waiver?
    Not if they can strike a deal in the next 48 hrs (and the Reds players headed their way clear waivers too, IIRC).

  7. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Flipadelphia
    Posts
    5,346

    Re: Byrd Claimed

    John Fay @johnfayman 1m
    RT @kjfwhodey: @johnfayman shocker if Byrd claimed by Reds?//Was told it was not them.

  8. #6
    Retro-Gamer Krawhitham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,729

    Re: Byrd Claimed

    Marlon Byrd exits the game. Darin Ruf enters in right.
    https://twitter.com/PhiIIies/status/497183274612310016

  9. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    6,065

    Re: Byrd Claimed

    Pittsburgh? Money's tight there too, but they have prospects.

  10. #8
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,044

    Re: Byrd Claimed

    I've seen this movie before, what else is on?

  11. Likes:

    BluegrassRedleg (08-07-2014), CarolinaRedleg (08-09-2014), Kingspoint (08-06-2014)

  12. #9
    Member powersackers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,457

    Re: Byrd Claimed

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I've seen this movie before, what else is on?
    It's a good mov(ie). Walt should watch it again and pay attention. Unfortunately he's watching The Love (my roster) Boat.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

  13. #10
    GO XAVIER! toledodan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    overland park, kansas
    Posts
    1,947

    Re: Byrd Claimed

    If Walt allowed that again he needs fired
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.


    Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

  14. Likes:

    joshua (08-07-2014)

  15. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Flipadelphia
    Posts
    5,346

    Re: Byrd Claimed

    Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    If Walt allowed that again he needs fired
    Byrd carries the risk of more than $16 million dollars if claimed now. Nothing like the minimum that was owed last year.

  16. #12
    Member Chuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    902

    Re: Byrd Claimed

    Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    Byrd carries the risk of more than $16 million dollars if claimed now. Nothing like the minimum that was owed last year.
    And the Reds need a legit LF. What's the problem? Unless the Reds would have to give up good prospects, I say do the deal. If Philly wants to dump salary and only wants a "B" prospect plus a "C" prospect in return, sign me up for that. Not only would it help the Reds this season, it would help next year when this team has a chance to put everything together. Who else are they going to get to be the everyday LF that this team so needs?
    All-Star Game hosts and World Series champs in 2015

  17. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,787

    Re: Byrd Claimed

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    And the Reds need a legit LF. What's the problem? Unless the Reds would have to give up good prospects, I say do the deal. If Philly wants to dump salary and only wants a "B" prospect plus a "C" prospect in return, sign me up for that. Not only would it help the Reds this season, it would help next year when this team has a chance to put everything together. Who else are they going to get to be the everyday LF that this team so needs?
    Byrd gets $8 million next year plus there is a vesting option for 2016 at another $8 million which is triggered if he reaches a certain number of at bats.

    He's not a young player and I can understand if they don't want to take him on at this stage with that contract.

    I'd rather see them go for Rios who can be bought out for a million after this season.

    I'd rather see them make their commitment longer term to a left fielder in the off-season.

  18. #14
    Member joshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: Byrd Claimed

    The Reds won't attempt to claim anyone.

  19. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    251

    Re: Byrd Claimed

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    If it's the Reds hopefully Skip and Heisey were in the package

    Ok, we didnt get him, but why in the world would you want to trade two of the only Major League bats we have on the bench for Byrd.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25