Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Byrd Claimed

Byrd Claimed

Marlon Byrd was placed on revocable waivers (as is common this time of year) and was claimed by an unnamed team. Could it be the Reds? The Bucs? The Fillies were said to be asking for an outrageous return before the deadline. Could the August waiver period lower their demands somewhat?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...on-clears.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Byrd Claimed

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Marlon Byrd was placed on revocable waivers (as is common this time of year) and was claimed by an unnamed team. Could it be the Reds? The Bucs? The Fillies were said to be asking for an outrageous return before the deadline. Could the August waiver period lower their demands somewhat?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...on-clears.html
    If it's the Reds hopefully Skip and Heisey were in the package

4. Likes:

WVRedsFan (08-06-2014)

Doesn't it just mean that the Phillies will revoke the waiver?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Doesn't it just mean that the Phillies will revoke the waiver?
    Not if they can strike a deal in the next 48 hrs (and the Reds players headed their way clear waivers too, IIRC).

John Fay @johnfayman · 1m
    RT @kjfwhodey: @johnfayman shocker if Byrd claimed by Reds?//Was told it was not them.

Marlon Byrd exits the game. Darin Ruf enters in right.
    https://twitter.com/PhiIIies/status/497183274612310016

Pittsburgh? Money's tight there too, but they have prospects.

I've seen this movie before, what else is on?

11. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (08-07-2014),CarolinaRedleg (08-09-2014),Kingspoint (08-06-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I've seen this movie before, what else is on?
    It's a good mov(ie). Walt should watch it again and pay attention. Unfortunately he's watching The Love (my roster) Boat.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

If Walt allowed that again he needs fired
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

14. Likes:

joshua (08-07-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    If Walt allowed that again he needs fired
    Byrd carries the risk of more than $16 million dollars if claimed now. Nothing like the minimum that was owed last year.

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    Byrd carries the risk of more than $16 million dollars if claimed now. Nothing like the minimum that was owed last year.
    And the Reds need a legit LF. What's the problem? Unless the Reds would have to give up good prospects, I say do the deal. If Philly wants to dump salary and only wants a "B" prospect plus a "C" prospect in return, sign me up for that. Not only would it help the Reds this season, it would help next year when this team has a chance to put everything together. Who else are they going to get to be the everyday LF that this team so needs?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    And the Reds need a legit LF. What's the problem? Unless the Reds would have to give up good prospects, I say do the deal. If Philly wants to dump salary and only wants a "B" prospect plus a "C" prospect in return, sign me up for that. Not only would it help the Reds this season, it would help next year when this team has a chance to put everything together. Who else are they going to get to be the everyday LF that this team so needs?
    Byrd gets $8 million next year plus there is a vesting option for 2016 at another $8 million which is triggered if he reaches a certain number of at bats.

He's not a young player and I can understand if they don't want to take him on at this stage with that contract.

I'd rather see them go for Rios who can be bought out for a million after this season.

I'd rather see them make their commitment longer term to a left fielder in the off-season.

The Reds won't attempt to claim anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    If it's the Reds hopefully Skip and Heisey were in the package

Ok, we didnt get him, but why in the world would you want to trade two of the only Major League bats we have on the bench for Byrd.

Turn Off Ads?