Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 8/8/14 - Reds vs. Marlins

Re: 8/8/14 - Reds vs. Marlins

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    With the game on the line the Reds had Santiago, Schumaker, Negron, Cozart to work with. That won't win many ball games.
    Basically agreed.

Bunt or not, we were talking about a collection of terrible hitters. I probably wouldn't have bunted, but I get it, especially with a slow runner. Getting an extra opportunity to single wouldn't necessarily score Mes from 2nd either.

At the end of the day, the hitters sucked no matter what strategy implemented.

2. Likes:

kbrake (08-08-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Another chance to gain on some of the leaders blown.

5. Likes:

Redsfansince72 (08-08-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Meant Hanahan being on a major league roster right now.
    Fair enough.

All Santiago had to do was pull the ball. The pitcher was not a K machine. A GB or long fly ball thats pulled is the same as the bunt with a chance to NOT give up an out. That was such an obvious decision blown its scary.

Horrible strategy to bunt. Reds give another away. Letting a tired Leake up at 115 pitches to face Stanton was dumb as well.

why didnt Ludwick hit for Cozart? i would have

Disgusting that Ludwick didn't hit but Hannahannnahannahan did, then did Cozart....awful

11. Likes:

Redsfansince72 (08-08-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    With the game on the line the Reds had Santiago, Schumaker, Negron, Cozart to work with. That won't win many ball games.
    Cishek had nothing today. Even the ball Schumaker hit was hit hard. Santiago has a .324 OBP. Negron has been in the grove. Schumaker is a lefty. Without a bunt, a like the Reds chances there.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by RedWilly View Post
    All Santiago had to do was pull the ball. The pitcher was not a K machine. A GB or long fly ball thats pulled is the same as the bunt with a chance to NOT give up an out. That was such an obvious decision blown its scary.
    Cishek is the 21st best person in the world currently at striking people out.

Quote Originally Posted by JMO View Post
    Horrible strategy to bunt. Reds give another away. Letting a tired Leake up at 115 pitches to face Stanton was dumb as well.
    But then he got the guy out who hit him twice already.

Tip your hat to Stanton

I don't hate a bunt there. I hate Schumacher ramming the first pitch into the ground when you need a fly ball (although we're overlooking how good of a play the Marlins SS made there). I hate Cozart hitting and not Ludwick, Heisey or Lutz.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

16. Likes:

powersackers (08-09-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Cishek had nothing today. Even the ball Schumaker hit was hit hard. Santiago has a .324 OBP. Negron has been in the grove. Schumaker is a lefty. Without a bunt, a like the Reds chances there.
    I agree if someone I think scores on a single is running. I think it takes two hits. FanGraphs said the bunt lowered Reds chance to win by 2.4%. Redszone acting like it lowered chance to win by 83%.

18. Likes:

757690 (08-08-2014)

Leo Cardenas was my favorite as a kid.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

As frustrating as the game was tonight I love what this franchise has become under Castellini. I absolutely love nights like this where they honor the history and tradition of the Reds.

21. Likes:

Larkin Fan (08-08-2014)

Jeez. I remember when all these guys were young.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

23. Likes:

WVRedsFan (08-08-2014)

Turn Off Ads?