Bruce RF
    Frazier 3B
    Mesoraco C
    Pena 1B
    Schumaker LF
    Negron 2B
    Cozart SS
    Leake P
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 8/8/14 - Reds vs. Marlins

Schu is due...or something.
    Last edited by NebraskaRed; 08-08-2014 at 12:37 PM. Reason: I completely forgot Ludwick played last night.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Schu is due...or something.
    Schu is dead. Time to put him out to pasture.

What's Ludwick's diagnosis for not being an everyday player anymore?

Just old?
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Reds need to go with the hot hitters right now. Ludwick has been hitting well lately and he should be in there.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

7. Likes:

WVRedsFan (08-08-2014)

taking 2/3 in this series is imperative to keep moving forward. Can't have a lapse against a team as bad as Florida

I detest Schu getting a start after 3 consecutive games with good offensive production as he didn't play.

Skip was 1/3 off Eovaldi but his final two were whiffs.

No reason Luddy isn't playing.

I'm going tonight so hopefully Skip makes me look stupid because I want the Reds to win and don't really care how.

If Negron doesn't get 2 hits today Skip will be at 2nd tomorrow.

Why have the lineups been out early of late? Superstition by Price with good outcomes recently?

I'll wait for the rotten tomatoes and eggs to be thrown, but I once thought Dusty's lineups were screwy, but these are just as bad or worse. At least he has Pena at first and Todd at third. When you replace Luddy for Schu or Heisey, you usually get nothing in return. Ludwick is not what he once was, but he is miles better than those two. And before you mention defense, Heisey has an attention problem sometimes and Schumaker is simply too slow to play the outfield. Ludwick seem to get to the balls--not pretty though. I hope Schu goes 4-4, and the Reds win. I just don't understand why Ludwick, who is hitting 40 points higher, has an OBP over .300, and seems healthy is being benched every other day for less productive players.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by villain612 View Post
    What's Ludwick's diagnosis for not being an everyday player anymore?

Just old?

Even if he is fully healthy, the Reds have been giving him at least one out of every three games off since he got here really.

So there is very likely some hard truth to this.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Reds need to go with the hot hitters right now. Ludwick has been hitting well lately and he should be in there.

Since Ludwick has been getting regular time off, even when he was going very good in 2012, there is a case to be made that he is only playing well right now, because he is getting regular rest to stay fresh, and able to perform.

As has been posted before, including in Pepper Jack's post directly above, Ludwick apparently cannot play every day.

Even in 2012, when he was healthy and critical to the team, Ludwick missed 38 games and had 472 PAs and 422 official ABs. These are less than the typical every day player would get.

Now, he's two years older and had a serious injury.

Price is obviously resting him because the club feels Ryan will do better with some rest.

This is a necessity. And in Schumaker's defense his lifetime OBP is .340 and I can understand playing him against certain righties because he has potential to get on track.

One thing that might have been done this season is to obtain a stronger lefty hitter to platoon with Ludwick for the rest of this season. Since they didn't, Skip is the left handed hitting alternative.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-08-2014 at 06:22 PM.

I just told Eovaldi to give us a few hits tonight...he laughed

16. Likes:

Larkin Fan (08-08-2014)

Eovaldi walks BHam. Good start to the game.

this is getting comical. I dont want even Billy to try stealing anymore because teams aren't fooled for his so called strategy.

Turn Off Ads?