Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ice Bucket Challenge

Ice Bucket Challenge

Thought about going ahead and putting this on the ORG, and mods if you see fit for it to go there, by all means move it if you would like.

I knew that the ALS ice bucket challenge was crazy viral, having seen many people on my Facebook page do it, as well as seeing Jimmy Fallon and the Roots to it on the Tonight Show. I had no idea where it came from, but I stumbled onto this, and sorry to link to another sports site, but here is the link to the bleacher report story about the BC ballplayer that started it all.

ALS Ice Bucket challenge backstory

I have to admit I had a hard time making it through the whole article without misting up a little. Good read.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ice Bucket Challenge

When did it become specific to ALS. I've been seeing it for the better part of 6 months and it was just the cold water challenge in which you either accepted the challenge or donated to the challengers charity of choice.

Apologies for hijacking the thread, was just curious. ALS is as good a charity as any, just didn't know how it had managed to co-opt it.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

No worries, legit question. Not sure. All I've seen it as is the ALS challenge.

Mods, feel free to delete my post if you feel it's too political but I'm seeing a backlash to the Ice Bucket Challenge by people who believe it's a waste of water. Furthermore these people all seem to be politically conservative. My question is, is this a Fox News thing where they have their people complaining about it? I'm not interested in a debate I'm just interested to see if it is a Fox News thing.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?