Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Big Ten Football Thread

2014 Big Ten Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2014 Big Ten Football Thread

Huge big ten fan here - it's a basketball conference to me at this point.

"This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

5. Likes:

Hoosier Red (09-07-2014)

Big Ten fan my whole life here, never got any sort of ego boost from it, won't achieve any ego loss from the football scores on any given day, won't be anything but amused by those who think that it's something that should be embarrassing as well.

7. Likes:

jimbo (09-07-2014), redsfanmia (09-07-2014), The Operator (09-09-2014)

Throwing the bottom feeders out because they suck every year, the top end of the league did what we all want them to, and schedule real teams. There is no shame in losing to Oregon at Oregon, and that game got out of hand late.

Ohio State lost a Heisman trophy candidate at QB, and replaced him with a RS Freshman, with a new offensive line in front of him. A couple special teams miscues, a dropped TD pass, and suddenly you have a loss. Ohio State is going to look pretty ugly until(if ever) Barrett and the offensive line settle in. The playcalling was abhorrent in its lack of adjustments.

Michigan losing to Notre Dame, that is on Hoke, but Notre Dame should be pretty decent this year. Lets not forget that. They had some good recruiting classes under Kelly and have their QB back.
    Last edited by LoganBuck; 09-07-2014 at 12:49 PM.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Big Ten fan my whole life here, never got any sort of ego boost from it, won't achieve any ego loss from the football scores on any given day, won't be anything but amused by those who think that it's something that should be embarrassing as well.
    It's a national story that is discussion worthy because of how the results yesterday potentially impact the first year of the playoffs and shape the national dialog. Who cares if one is embarrassed or not. In fact if some are embarrassed or offended, they might want to stay away from ESPN, talk radio, and the Internet.

The conference had the national attention yesterday. Things didn't go well.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    It's a national story that is discussion worthy because of how the results yesterday potentially impact the first year of the playoffs and shape the national dialog. Who cares if one is embarrassed or not. In fact if some are embarrassed or offended, they might want to stay away from ESPN, talk radio, and the Internet.

The conference had the national attention yesterday. Things didn't go well.
    Agree, but now there won't be anything for ESPN to complain about in November. The worst part is that we live in a world where Mark May is right.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

One thing for sure it looks like the Big Ten won't be a player in the 4 team playoff. They went down hard yesterday. No one can deny that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The thing is this is nothing new. We could (and have) written threads like this every year about the Big Ten. It's gone on for years. The only difference this year is that OSU has come back to the pack whereas in past yrs they've been a step or two ahead of their weak sisters. Even I was amazed at how horrible UM and OSU looked yesterday. MSU at Oregon was tough as expected. ND's not known as a defensive powerhouse so Mich's inability to score pts was a shocker

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The thing is this is nothing new. We could (and have) written threads like this every year about the Big Ten. It's gone on for years. The only difference this year is that OSU has come back to the pack whereas in past yrs they've been a step or two ahead of their weak sisters. Even I was amazed at how horrible UM and OSU looked yesterday. MSU at Oregon was tough as expected. ND's not known as a defensive powerhouse so Mich's inability to score pts was a shocker
    OSU's QB and best player is out. They haven't come back to the pack, they are starting a RS freshman in place of a heisman candidate and 2 time big ten player of the year.

15. Likes:

The Operator (09-09-2014)

Boy it's a good thing they expanded to include Maryland(2-0) and Rutgers (2-0) otherwise the East division would be nothing more than a 2 team race between Penn State(2-0) and Indiana(1-0).

When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

17. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-09-2014), jojo (09-08-2014), Revering4Blue (09-08-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Boy it's a good thing they expanded to include Maryland(2-0) and Rutgers (2-0) otherwise the East division would be nothing more than a 2 team race between Penn State(2-0) and Indiana(1-0).

And one of them is banned from post season play.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Was really hoping Michigan State could upend Oregon, but they just got overwhelmed the longer that game went. That's a really good defensive program and coaching staff, and they had no answers at all for that offense. It was scary.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post

Rutgers has the Big Ten's only win against a Big 5 conference team, Washington State. Better be glad they joined. Who would have thought that?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

21. Likes:

WMR (09-08-2014)

Turn Off Ads?