Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you do a Joey Votto for Ed Encarnacion trade w/additions. Yes or No?

Re: Would you do a Joey Votto for Ed Encarnacion trade w/additions. Yes or No?

This will be an interesting thread to look at in nine years.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

2. Turn Off Ads?

Votto for EdE and Baustista. Yes.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Maybe I'm just more concerned about the knee than most, but I would.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

5. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Maybe I'm just more concerned about the knee than most, but I would.
    Absolutely. No way the Jays would take on that contract after this season's reports.

Just remember, the reason EdE isn't a Red is because years ago Castellini wanted to do some "housekeeping" and bring in some "new blood". OK, he probably didn't say those words, but there was the same DO SOMETHING! feel going on back then that there is now. Hope we're not left with another huge regret this time around.

8. Likes:

cincinnati chili (09-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Larry's post = satire

If the Blue Jays picked up all of Votto's salary I would consider it.
    Oh, I thought the OP was satire too.

Forgive me for being skeptical of Ed's numbers leaping over a tall building in a single bound like Superman from 2011 to 2012 and beyond.

Does the NL have the DH yet?

To me, the money is not the problem, it's the production at 1b. There likely needs to be an effort in a few years to find a great offensive presence where they aren't as common, like CF, SS, C or 2b.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

The Blue Jays would NEVER make that trade IMO if they have to take on his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    Oh, I thought the OP was satire too.

Forgive me for being skeptical of Ed's numbers leaping over a tall building in a single bound like Superman from 2011 to 2012 and beyond.

Does the NL have the DH yet?
    It has nothing to do with Ed's numbers. It has to do with him being owed $10 mil in 2015, $10 mil in 2016, and a $10 mil team option with a $2 mil buyout for 2017. That is an EXTREMELY team friendly contract. Votto's may be the worst contract in major league baseball.

With regards to the DH, not yet, but hopefully soon with the way Votto plays 1B defensively.

No, no, a thousand times, no.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

14. Likes:

Big Klu (09-11-2014),HeatherC1212 (09-11-2014),Larkin Fan (09-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    No, no, a thousand times, no.
    Even though Edwin has put out comparable numbers since the start of 2013 and is a fraction of the cost?

Even though Edwin has put out comparable numbers since the start of 2013 and is a fraction of the cost?
    That's right.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

17. Likes:

Big Klu (09-11-2014),dubc47834 (09-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    That's right.
    Care to expand?

Care to expand?
    I think Votto is a rare talent, I like to root for him, and I want him on the Reds. It may not be a rational position economically speaking, but there it is.

20. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Just remember, the reason EdE isn't a Red is because years ago Castellini wanted to do some "housekeeping" and bring in some "new blood". OK, he probably didn't say those words, but there was the same DO SOMETHING! feel going on back then that there is now. Hope we're not left with another huge regret this time around.
    No, Encarnacion is no longer a Red because he was a butcher in the field, he wasn't producing at the plate, and he was perceived to be a low-energy player. He was included as a throw-in for a player who the front office believed (rightfully so, IMO) would provide exceptional defense at his position, solid offense, and leadership in the clubhouse. After being traded once and released twice, he finally reinvented himself. But he was never going to be the player he became in Toronto (the second time around) while he was in Cincinnati. He would have reached free agency before having his "Eureka" moment, and the Reds would have severed ties.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

22. Likes:

Always Red (09-11-2014),cincinnati chili (09-11-2014),HeatherC1212 (09-11-2014),Larkin Fan (09-11-2014),Old school 1983 (09-11-2014),villain612 (09-11-2014),westofyou (09-11-2014)

Turn Off Ads?