Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you do a Joey Votto for Ed Encarnacion trade w/additions. Yes or No?

Re: Would you do a Joey Votto for Ed Encarnacion trade w/additions. Yes or No?

Would you trade Sean Casey for Paul Konerko was a better debate.

Had less to do with money and wasn't usually asked while one was MIA, which leads me to this fact. Since EE came back from the same (albeit a tad less inebriating) injury this is his line - .216/.296/.398/.694 in 98 PA's.

Maybe that injury is a bummer

2. Likes:

Larkin Fan (09-11-2014),villain612 (09-11-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Yes I would. I think Votto is the better player, but the difference in contracts would enable the Reds to have a more complete team. If the Reds told me the payroll going forward was going to be 180 million a year I'd have a different answer.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It has nothing to do with Ed's numbers. It has to do with him being owed $10 mil in 2015, $10 mil in 2016, and a $10 mil team option with a $2 mil buyout for 2017. That is an EXTREMELY team friendly contract. Votto's may be the worst contract in major league baseball.

With regards to the DH, not yet, but hopefully soon with the way Votto plays 1B defensively.
    It should be about the numbers to some degree. We simply can't pull off Broxton-like trades all the time without questioning what we get in return. We may have favorable contracts but we also may be the Houston Astros.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    It should be about the numbers to some degree. We simply can't pull off Broxton-like trades all the time without questioning what we get in return. We may have favorable contracts but we also may be the Houston Astros.
    How is Broxton for 2 minor leaguers = Votto for one of the best and most consistent power hitters in MLB?

I think most of you missed the yes or no part of the question.

No. No. No.

Lets not be silly. No, a thousand times no.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    No. No. No.
    I'm sorry you can only vote once

A HEALTHY Votto, absolutely not. And what I mean by HEALTHY is not only Votto putting up good OBP numbers, but also returning to 2010-2011 SLG numbers.

But, as others have said, health is the biggest question mark. And that, alone, would at least make me pause and consider the trade. Not saying I would or wouldn't do it. Only saying I would consider it. There are very, very few players in the entire organization that I would consider "off limits," and Votto isn't one of them.
    "I can still throw it in the 70s. And I can throw it in the 80s if I don't want to comb my hair for a week." - Bob Feller at age 66 when asked how hard he could throw.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    A HEALTHY Votto, absolutely not. And what I mean by HEALTHY is not only Votto putting up good OBP numbers, but also returning to 2010-2011 SLG numbers.

But, as others have said, health is the biggest question mark. And that, alone, would at least make me pause and consider the trade. Not saying I would or wouldn't do it. Only saying I would consider it. There are very, very few players in the entire organization that I would consider "off limits," and Votto isn't one of them.
    So... yes or no? I don't think the OP is talking about all these contingencies. He's asking this question right here, right now.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    So... yes or no? I don't think the OP is talking about all these contingencies. He's asking this question right here, right now.
    The OP did not make it very clear though. He said nothing about salary, or what the additions would be.

The money is the most important aspect of any trade scenario involving Votto.

If the Blue Jays would trade EdE AND take on all of Votto's contract, it would be a no brainer, and honestly, anyone saying an absolute "no" to that scenario is nuts.

14. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (09-11-2014),Revering4Blue (09-13-2014)

How is Broxton for 2 minor leaguers = Votto for one of the best and most consistent power hitters in MLB?
    Because, as I mentioned in a previous post, I'm skeptical of Ed and don't want him on the Reds.

The first 7 yrs in MLB (including first 3 in Tor) his avg slash: 260/336/453/789 with 17 hr/56rbi

His last three: 273/371/547/918 with 36 & 99.

I have my doubts that after 7 years and at 29 he suddenly figured it out. Like the warden of Shawshank said after Andy escaped, "Lord, it's a miracle!"

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    Because, as I mentioned in a previous post, I'm skeptical of Ed and don't want him on the Reds.

The first 7 yrs in MLB (including first 3 in Tor) his avg slash: 260/336/453/789 with 17 hr/56rbi

His last three: 273/371/547/918 with 36 & 99.

I have my doubts that after 7 years and at 29 he suddenly figured it out. Like the warden of Shawshank said after Andy escaped, "Lord, it's a miracle!"
    You must be skeptical of Todd Frazier, then.

EdE is a free agent after next season, so I would say no since they'd only be getting one season out of him.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

The OP did not make it very clear though. He said nothing about salary, or what the additions would be.

The money is the most important aspect of any trade scenario involving Votto.

If the Blue Jays would trade EdE AND take on all of Votto's contract, it would be a no brainer, and honestly, anyone saying an absolute "no" to that scenario is nuts.
    Color me nuts then. But you knew that already.

- - - Updated - - -

You must be skeptical of Todd Frazier, then.
    Hard to compare them. Todd's been pretty consistent over his three big league seasons. He is what he is. EdE, on the other hand, seems to have made a stratospheric leap.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Turn Off Ads?