Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dick Vitale no longer on Saturday prime time games

Dick Vitale no longer on Saturday prime time games

The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dick Vitale no longer on Saturday prime time games

He's getting older, not fast enough in my opinion, but I know a lot of people like him and still want to hear him praise Duke constantly.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

4. Likes:

Dom Heffner (10-07-2014)

Vitale long ago should have been put into the studio. He's really not an analyst now. He talks about everything except the game at hand during his broadcasts. He's pretty much become a caricature of himself over the years. ESPN should keep him in the studio for entertainment at halftime and pre-game shows. That's where he is best suited these days,
    Reds Fan Since 1971

6. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (10-03-2014), RiverRat13 (10-03-2014)

I wish ESPN would create a sound proof room for both Vitale and Berman. Let them come to work, do their thing, but make sure everyone outside isn't subjected to it!

I think Vitale did a lot for college basketball especially the explosion of the game on TV. His shtick just has gotten old and annoying.

8. Likes:

Hoosier Red (10-03-2014)

Here's the opening of Dick Vitale's first broadcast on ESPN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbFQQtkmQk0
    Reds Fan Since 1971

10. Likes:

Hoosier Red (10-03-2014)

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

I may be in the minority, but I love me some Vitale. Always have, always will. He just entertains me.

My earliest memory of him was when I was a kid. My father has always been a big Univ. of Dayton fan and made me that way. I remember Dick Vitale coaching the Univ. Of Detroit and upsetting a pretty good Dayton team in Univ. of Dayton arena. When the game ended in dramatic fashion (last second shot or something... too long ago to remember details), he and his team ran around the perimeter of the court in celebration. At the time he had a serious comb-over thing and his comb-over was flapping up and down as he ran. I did not like him or his team for celebrating a win against the team I liked, but it really confused the young me as to how/why that guy's hair was doing what it was doing when he ran. I thought he had some sort of birth defect lol.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

12. Likes:

Chip R (10-03-2014), New Fever (10-07-2014)

Turn Off Ads?