Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Every other team in MLB...

Every other team in MLB...

Besides our Reds have managed to advance a round in the playoffs since the 1995 season.

Meanwhile, Cincy is going into consecutive season number 20 without a post-season advancement.

And the streak looks to continue for years to come

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Every other team in MLB...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRon View Post
    Besides our Reds have managed to advance a round in the playoffs since the 1995 season.

Meanwhile, Cincy is going into consecutive season number 20 without a post-season advancement.

What purpose do your posts serve?

Well, I'm just going to have to kill myself

Since 2010, only six MLB teams, other than the Reds, have made at least 3 post season appearances
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Well, I'm just going to have to kill myself
    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  17.7 KB

Blue Jays haven't made the postseason since 1993.

Nationals/Expos haven't played in an LCS.

Pirates haven't played in an LCS, but advanced by winning a Wild Card game.

8. Likes:

Old school 1983 (10-17-2014),toledodan (10-16-2014),Tom Servo (10-17-2014)

[Every other team in MLB...] Besides our Reds have managed to advance a round in the playoffs since the 1995 season.
    As getfoul pointed out, The Blue Jays haven't been to the postseason since 1993. Soooo, you're wrong.

Or are we not counting Canada? Because that I could understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

10. Likes:

bounty37h (10-20-2014),MBZags (10-16-2014),OC_Red (10-21-2014),Old school 1983 (10-17-2014)

5 WS championships in about 125 yrs. for the redlegs. Nine National League pennants and ten division titles. Sooo, 1 every 25ish yrs. WS titles, a NL pennant every 14ish' yrs., better than most, worse than about 5-6 teams. The "good yrs." don't come around very often looking at history and still have been better than the vast majority of teams. Not quite Haley's comet-like, but tough odds for over a century. Still beats rooting for the Cubs I guess...

They call me "chef"

The Reds are the only team in MLB to lose three playoff series in a row and be destined to never win another game again.

13. Likes:

Beltway (10-19-2014),The Operator (10-18-2014)

Before this year The Royals hadn't even been to the playoffs since 1985, now they're the darlings of baseball. Funny game.

Before the 83-78 2006 Cardinals won a World Series, they hadn't won a World Series since 1982. Imagine that, even the vaunted Cardinals who wrote the book on how to play the game managed to go almost a quarter century without winning a title.

The Philadelphia Phillies, who were anointed as Gods among men in the latter half of the '00s have only won 2 World Series ever - the first in 1980 and then going 28 years before their second in 2008. Those same Phillies quickly grew old and are now a shell of their former self.

It's almost as if baseball is a hard game and winning in the postseason is a crap shoot. Hmmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

15. Likes:

757690 (10-19-2014),westofyou (10-18-2014)

Well, statistics count for the regular season and at some level we all want to be Nate Silver. And you will win at least 1 out of 3 with a 30 million payroll so the playoffs are sort of like a shot of Blanton's after a bottle of Woodfords. Who cares? I love the Reds when they are winning and losing. Baseball is all about hope, the spring and eternal things not advancing in the playoffs. Although I am not adverse to the thought.

Tom, is that you??

Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Turn Off Ads?