Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Here @ the local drive-in (packed house - even have the sheriff here to keep the order) awaiting The Avengers.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Here @ the local drive-in (packed house - even have the sheriff here to keep the order) awaiting The Avengers.
    I would bet the sheriff is there to ruin 17 year old boys' lives.

Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I would bet the sheriff is there to ruin 17 year old boys' lives.
    He can start with the kid already down in the seats w/his girl in the car to my left!

Edit: they just popped up-that was quick-must have lost a contact. Lots of giggling.
    Last edited by KittyDuran; 05-02-2015 at 08:06 PM.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    He can start with the kid already down in the seats w/his girl in the car to my left!
    Go knock on the window!

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Avengers 2 Electric Bugaloo was fine, but it didn't knock my socks off.
    Did you see it in IMAX 3D? I thought it was fantastic. A wild ride from beginning to end. Some cheesy plot turns is my only gripe, but you're not seeing it for that.

How was the pacing? My biggest gripe with Marvel movies is that they sometimes try to go full-throttle all the way instead of giving viewers time to catch their breath. Iron Man III was, I think, a good example of this. The movie was paced so that characters identities and motivations never quite gelled.

Of course Avengers II is Joss Whedon, and he's a bit better at this.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Just watched No No: A Dockumentary on Netflix. It's about Dock Ellis. There's some great stuff about the Reds in there.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check it out.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I watched it a second time last night and loved every minute of it.

Maybe I was in a bad mood Friday

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I thoroughly enjoyed The Avengers. I thought they did Vision perfectly (although they strayed a bit from the comics with his forehead jewel being an infinity gem). Very entertaining.

I liked that they gave Hawkeye more personality than previously. I also thought it was a nice touch to use Paul Bettany as Vision when he did the voice of JARVIS from the beginning...just makes sense.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for superhero flicks.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 05-04-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    How was the pacing? My biggest gripe with Marvel movies is that they sometimes try to go full-throttle all the way instead of giving viewers time to catch their breath. Iron Man III was, I think, a good example of this. The movie was paced so that characters identities and motivations never quite gelled.

Of course Avengers II is Joss Whedon, and he's a bit better at this.
    It's pretty much all-out all the time. I had trouble driving home due to sensory overload! But I know what you mean, sometimes there's so much seemingly random action you disconnect, but that didn't happen with this one. Can't say why. Maybe because there's more characters, and they jump from storyline to storyline so you're not getting bogged down.
    Last edited by kpresidente; 05-04-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Ok......Walk me back there.....good but not as good as you hoped?
    It's great! Beautifully shot and acted, totally unique, with a tense, unpredictable ending...

13. Likes:

Razor Shines (05-05-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    It's great! Beautifully shot and acted, totally unique, with a tense, unpredictable ending...
    Yep, normally with this AI theme they always do the same thing, associate "consciousness" with emotion, ie, if it feels, it's conscious. Ho, hum. This one did a little more digging into the question "what exactly IS consciousness?" Feelings can be programmed, too, you know.

"Man is something that must be overcome." That's what I left thinking about.

15. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-04-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Yep, normally with this AI theme they always do the same thing, associate "consciousness" with emotion, ie, if it feels, it's conscious. Ho, hum. This one did a little more digging into the question "what exactly IS consciousness?" Feelings can be programmed, too, you know.

"Man is something that must be overcome." That's what I left thinking about.
    I spent a lot of time discussing the flick after it ended. This was interesting and related to your comment (spoilers):

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/ex-ma...ternate-ending

I wish Whedon would have used Amy Acker as (spoiler's) wife

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Just watched No No: A Dockumentary on Netflix. It's about Dock Ellis. There's some great stuff about the Reds in there.
    I watched this last night since the Reds were off. It was very good. Ellis was crazy which was caused by drug and alcohol. He was also very smart. In the end he did get halp and turned himself around. He apparently helped many others overcome their addictions. I remember listening to that game in which he hit the first three or four Reds to start a game. That was pretty wild as I recall. I had also forgotten that he pitched for that 76 Yankee team that got swept by the Reds. That was his last good season. I had even forgotten that he had died a few years ago. Also good to see all of those old Pirates and some others from that time period. Even though they were big rivals of the Reds I always kinda liked those Pirate teams.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?