Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 932

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

  1. #166
    Fun with Bitmoji! KittyDuran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Here @ the local drive-in (packed house - even have the sheriff here to keep the order) awaiting The Avengers.
    2019 Reds record when I'm attending: 16-12 FINAL
    2019 Dragons record when I'm attending:1-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #167
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    On Assignment
    Posts
    24,436

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Here @ the local drive-in (packed house - even have the sheriff here to keep the order) awaiting The Avengers.
    I would bet the sheriff is there to ruin 17 year old boys' lives.

  4. #168
    Fun with Bitmoji! KittyDuran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Posts
    8,645

    Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I would bet the sheriff is there to ruin 17 year old boys' lives.
    He can start with the kid already down in the seats w/his girl in the car to my left!

    Edit: they just popped up-that was quick-must have lost a contact. Lots of giggling.
    Last edited by KittyDuran; 05-02-2015 at 08:06 PM.
    2019 Reds record when I'm attending: 16-12 FINAL
    2019 Dragons record when I'm attending:1-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

  5. #169
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    On Assignment
    Posts
    24,436

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    He can start with the kid already down in the seats w/his girl in the car to my left!
    Go knock on the window!

  6. #170
    Member kpresidente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,091

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Avengers 2 Electric Bugaloo was fine, but it didn't knock my socks off.
    Did you see it in IMAX 3D? I thought it was fantastic. A wild ride from beginning to end. Some cheesy plot turns is my only gripe, but you're not seeing it for that.

  7. #171
    Member marcshoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    dis
    Posts
    9,410

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    How was the pacing? My biggest gripe with Marvel movies is that they sometimes try to go full-throttle all the way instead of giving viewers time to catch their breath. Iron Man III was, I think, a good example of this. The movie was paced so that characters identities and motivations never quite gelled.

    Of course Avengers II is Joss Whedon, and he's a bit better at this.
    [Reading] is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul" -- Joyce Carol Oates

  8. #172
    Moderator cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    13,846

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Just watched No No: A Dockumentary on Netflix. It's about Dock Ellis. There's some great stuff about the Reds in there.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check it out.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  9. #173
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    On Assignment
    Posts
    24,436

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    I watched it a second time last night and loved every minute of it.

    Maybe I was in a bad mood Friday

  10. #174
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,563

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    I thoroughly enjoyed The Avengers. I thought they did Vision perfectly (although they strayed a bit from the comics with his forehead jewel being an infinity gem). Very entertaining.

    I liked that they gave Hawkeye more personality than previously. I also thought it was a nice touch to use Paul Bettany as Vision when he did the voice of JARVIS from the beginning...just makes sense.

    What can I say, I'm a sucker for superhero flicks.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 05-04-2015 at 10:33 AM.

  11. #175
    Member kpresidente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,091

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    How was the pacing? My biggest gripe with Marvel movies is that they sometimes try to go full-throttle all the way instead of giving viewers time to catch their breath. Iron Man III was, I think, a good example of this. The movie was paced so that characters identities and motivations never quite gelled.

    Of course Avengers II is Joss Whedon, and he's a bit better at this.
    It's pretty much all-out all the time. I had trouble driving home due to sensory overload! But I know what you mean, sometimes there's so much seemingly random action you disconnect, but that didn't happen with this one. Can't say why. Maybe because there's more characters, and they jump from storyline to storyline so you're not getting bogged down.
    Last edited by kpresidente; 05-04-2015 at 10:37 AM.

  12. #176
    GO REDS *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    7,011

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Ok......Walk me back there.....good but not as good as you hoped?
    It's great! Beautifully shot and acted, totally unique, with a tense, unpredictable ending...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I agree with everything here except the part about Trump promising to drain the swamp of rich elites. When did he say that? I think he's putting in rich guys with the idea that they can't be bought. I don't think he ever promised not to put in rich white guys.

  13. Likes:

    Razor Shines (05-05-2015)

  14. #177
    Member kpresidente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,091

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    It's great! Beautifully shot and acted, totally unique, with a tense, unpredictable ending...
    Yep, normally with this AI theme they always do the same thing, associate "consciousness" with emotion, ie, if it feels, it's conscious. Ho, hum. This one did a little more digging into the question "what exactly IS consciousness?" Feelings can be programmed, too, you know.

    "Man is something that must be overcome." That's what I left thinking about.

  15. Likes:

    *BaseClogger* (05-04-2015)

  16. #178
    GO REDS *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    7,011

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Yep, normally with this AI theme they always do the same thing, associate "consciousness" with emotion, ie, if it feels, it's conscious. Ho, hum. This one did a little more digging into the question "what exactly IS consciousness?" Feelings can be programmed, too, you know.

    "Man is something that must be overcome." That's what I left thinking about.
    I spent a lot of time discussing the flick after it ended. This was interesting and related to your comment (spoilers):

    http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/ex-ma...ternate-ending
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I agree with everything here except the part about Trump promising to drain the swamp of rich elites. When did he say that? I think he's putting in rich guys with the idea that they can't be bought. I don't think he ever promised not to put in rich white guys.

  17. #179
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    On Assignment
    Posts
    24,436

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    I wish Whedon would have used Amy Acker as (spoiler's) wife

  18. #180
    Moderator cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    13,846

    Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Just watched No No: A Dockumentary on Netflix. It's about Dock Ellis. There's some great stuff about the Reds in there.
    I watched this last night since the Reds were off. It was very good. Ellis was crazy which was caused by drug and alcohol. He was also very smart. In the end he did get halp and turned himself around. He apparently helped many others overcome their addictions. I remember listening to that game in which he hit the first three or four Reds to start a game. That was pretty wild as I recall. I had also forgotten that he pitched for that 76 Yankee team that got swept by the Reds. That was his last good season. I had even forgotten that he had died a few years ago. Also good to see all of those old Pirates and some others from that time period. Even though they were big rivals of the Reds I always kinda liked those Pirate teams.
    Reds Fan Since 1971


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator