Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Loved Arrival. Will have to check this one out sometime soon. Have you seen Tarkovsky's Solaris or Stalker? Kubrick's 2001? I generally enjoy art-house paced/styled movies like these. Iñárritu (The Revenant) is another Director who comes to mind.
    Haven’t seen Solaris or Stalker.

Love the original Blade Runner, 2001, and The Revenant.

I don’t know, I’ll have to give this one another shot in my home. It was a 10 pm showing so I was tired by midnight, and there was a blown speaker, which made the dialogue a little quiet and some crackling. I complained to the manager about an hour in and she chuckled and said she would have someone “look at it.” No one ever came, nothing happened, no refund offered. Going to call corporate on Monday.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I don't think I can get on board with that. It was certainly deliberate and Villenueve probably could have done some trimming but I was invested and I appreciated being able to absorb some of the world as scenes hung a little. It didn't think it felt too long.
    I agree. It was long, no doubt. And I'm not the best at sitting in a seat for that long. But I never felt like there was fluff. A great movie.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

4. Likes:

Kinsm (10-29-2017)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Finally saw War for the Planet of the Apes. Have seen them all now. Here's how I'd rank them:

1. War for the Planet of the Apes
    2. Planet of the Apes (68)
    3. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
    4. Beneath the Planet of the Apes - so underrated, so strange, and even more pessimistic than the first movie (maybe one of the most depressing endings ever)
    5. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    6. Escape from the Planet of the Apes
    7. Conquest of the Planet of the Apes
    8. Planet of the Apes (01)
    9. Battle for the Planet of the Apes

Anyone else?
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Finally saw War for the Planet of the Apes. Have seen them all now. Here's how I'd rank them:

1. War for the Planet of the Apes
    2. Planet of the Apes (68)
    3. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
    4. Beneath the Planet of the Apes - so underrated, so strange, and even more pessimistic than the first movie (maybe one of the most depressing endings ever)
    5. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    6. Escape from the Planet of the Apes
    7. Conquest of the Planet of the Apes
    8. Planet of the Apes (01)
    9. Battle for the Planet of the Apes

Anyone else?
    That's a pretty good list, although I'd drop War to #3, move Rise to #4, and make #1 Linda Harrison.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

4, 5 and 6 are all interchangeable for me. It's a steep drop-off after the first three. My only complaint I had about the new reboot were the human characters. I liked Harrelson's character OK, Franco's was whatever, but I didn't care for the lead guy in Dawn at all. Also, Gary Oldman was wasted in that movie.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

As mentioned in my Movie Pass thread, I tried it for first time. I chose to see "Kingsmen - Golden Circle". I was expecting a big let down after the first one, and only got a little letdown, so I was pleasantly surprised. I was surprised by how little the American Statesmen, played a part. I expected it to be mostly them and they were very minor roles.

I was, however, totally shocked at concession prices. Medium Coke (which was fricken huge, I'd hate to see large. It was like 64 ounces I swear), and medium popcorn, and it was $15 bucks. Ain't doing that again.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 10-18-2017 at 11:19 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I was, however, totally shocked at concession prices. Medium Coke (which was fricken huge, I'd hate to see large. It was like 64 ounces I swear), and medium popcorn, and it was $15 bucks. Ain't doing that again.
    Yep. On the way to the theater if I want cinema candy I'll stop by the dollar store. Otherwise, I'll smuggle in a water bottle and some dark chocolate...

Saw my second movie on Movie Pass. American Made with Tom Cruise. I'd heard mixed reviews, but I liked it fairly well. Got a little "in your face" political at the end, which detracted from it a bit, but overall worth it.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Watched Too Funny to Fail on Hulu. I was only 12 when The Dana Carvey Show was on for all seven episodes, and I don't remember any of it. Looking back - what a roster of talent.

Loved Arrival. Will have to check this one out sometime soon. Have you seen Tarkovsky's Solaris or Stalker? Kubrick's 2001? I generally enjoy art-house paced/styled movies like these. Iñárritu (The Revenant) is another Director who comes to mind.
    Hated Arrival, Loved the new Blade Runner.

I know some who said Blade Runner was too long, and it was very long, but I knew it going into it and was fine with the pacing and story build.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

It came to my attention last night that IP Man 4 is happening. They need to make up for IP Man 3, which, well, just didn't live up to the first two. Sorry, but Mike Tyson just wasn't cutting it. On a related, but different note, I went back and watched IP Man 2 on Netflix last night and it's still awesome.

The new Thor movie was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I haven't seen the first two but I am going to go see this one because I think Taika Waititi is a great director and I'm interested to see what he does with it.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I haven't seen the first two but I am going to go see this one because I think Taika Waititi is a great director and I'm interested to see what he does with it.
    It's not perfect but it is definitely a welcome change of approach to these kinds of movies.

17. Likes:

Razor Shines (11-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Are there any marvel movies you don’t like?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

19. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-07-2017)

Turn Off Ads?