Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Of the Marvel films, I like the Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2. For DC, I liked Wonder Woman. I like the Marvel Netflix TV serieses better than any of the other films. In this order: Jessica Jones > Luke Cage > Daredevil > Defenders > Iron Fist. Thinking about starting Punisher.
    Stick to your guns.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    The Hulk movie with Ed Norton wasn't very good.
    Probably because it didn't have Ralph Kramden in it.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

4. Likes:

cincinnati chili (11-24-2017),cumberlandreds (11-20-2017),Joseph (11-26-2017)

I had a cross country flight this weekend so got to get in a few movies.

I watched The Mummy with Tom Cruise. I know this got pretty hammered by critics, but honestly I thought it was a pretty good. At the very least I was entertained and thought the story was good for this type of popcorn movie.

I also watched Wind River, which I really enjoyed. It takes place on an Indian Reservation in Wyoming and was really well done. Biggest shock here is one of the leads is the Olsen twin's younger sister and I thought she was a quite a good actress.

Last I watched The Hero with Sam Elliot. I really like him, but this one was just ok. It was pretty cliche and doesn't really have an ending.

The new Thor is the best MM since Civil War. Much better than GOTG especially the 2nd one which was trying too hard to be funny and deep or something. Best use of a Zeppelin song than I could wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I had a cross country flight this weekend so got to get in a few movies.

I watched The Mummy with Tom Cruise. I know this got pretty hammered by critics, but honestly I thought it was a pretty good. At the very least I was entertained and thought the story was good for this type of popcorn movie.

I also watched Wind River, which I really enjoyed. It takes place on an Indian Reservation in Wyoming and was really well done. Biggest shock here is one of the leads is the Olsen twin's younger sister and I thought she was a quite a good actress.

Last I watched The Hero with Sam Elliot. I really like him, but this one was just ok. It was pretty cliche and doesn't really have an ending.
    Elizabeth Olsen is an extremely talented actor, she is also great in Ingrid Goes West.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

8. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-04-2017),dougdirt (11-23-2017),marcshoe (11-23-2017)

Saw CoCo with the 4 yr old...best Pixar movie in years. Very enjoyable even for adults.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Saw CoCo with the 4 yr old...best Pixar movie in years. Very enjoyable even for adults.
    Took my niece to see it and we both thought it was fantastic.

That incredibly long Frozen "short" before it, however...

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I'm sure it's good, but I love Book of Life, so CoCo feels like its vying to become the second-best Day of the Dead-oriented animated film of its generation.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

12. Likes:

cincinnati chili (12-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    The new Thor is the best MM since Civil War. Much better than GOTG especially the 2nd one which was trying too hard to be funny and deep or something. Best use of a Zeppelin song than I could wish for.
    Loved it, but I’m really looking forward to this one:

https://youtu.be/6ZfuNTqbHE8
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Loved it, but I’m really looking forward to this one:

https://youtu.be/6ZfuNTqbHE8
    Is that Black Panther? I could not open it. Good preview of that movie before Thor came on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Is that Black Panther? I could not open it. Good preview of that movie before Thor came on.
    Avengers: Infinity War.

Although I do want to see Black Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Went and saw "The Disaster Artist" last night. If you are familiar with "The Room" this is a must watch. If you aren't familiar with "The Room", familiarize yourself and then go see "The Disaster Artist". I laughed the entire time, it is very well done.

17. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-13-2017),Larry Schuler (12-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Went and saw "The Disaster Artist" last night. If you are familiar with "The Room" this is a must watch. If you aren't familiar with "The Room", familiarize yourself and then go see "The Disaster Artist". I laughed the entire time, it is very well done.
    I'm waiting for the rifftrax version, which would be super meta.

Trying to catch up a bit on all I haven't seen, and finding surprisingly good recent horrorish movies. I finally watched Get Out last week, and I was surprised at how good it was, even though I had heard only good things. It's not that it's a good genre movie or whatever, it is a superior movie Period. it hits all of its marks. Last night I watched Split, and afterward saw that Glass has just wrapped up shooting. Again, I was surprised at how good it was. James McAvoy did the multiple personality thing as well as I've ever seen it done. This seems to be a good time for stark, almost minimalist, horror.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

20. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-13-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    This seems to be a good time for stark, almost minimalist, horror.
    You'd think with the world burning around us it would take much to scare us in the theater!

Turn Off Ads?