Turn Off Ads?

Thread: would could ....definitely shoulda in hindsight

would could ....definitely shoulda in hindsight

I remember last offseason that the experts felt that Nelson Cruz would have been a good fit for the Reds because he could have been had relatively cheap due to the suspension. Also, there was the failed attempt to get Brett Gardner from the Yankees for Phillips. If both of these moves would have happened I just wonder how differently this past season would have been. Cruz could have filled the hole in LF, Gardner would have taken CF and batted leadoff and Hamilton would have been at 2B. I definitely believe we would be in better shape than we are now. Just a thought.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: would could ....definitely shoulda in hindsight

What really matters is what we will do this year. The debacle last year finally ended. Hopefully Jock has realized this team is more than a player or two away. Phillips has been going backward the last couple of years. It will be very difficult to get a player of value, that would not have a glaring weakness.

lets hope they know what to do and have a plan to finally get this team to the next level.. sadly now they waited to long HOPING all the pieces would work with zero additions.. that got them a worse record and ZERO playoffs.. 2015 better not be about ONLY the All-Star game and zero fixes for the team!! i wont be a very happy Reds fan if they do nothing!!

There is no plan. Walt inherited Bruce, Bailey, Cueto, Votto, Phillips, Mesoraco, Frazier. He was able to pass on Mike Trout for Mike Leake though.

Signed Chapman, traded for Choo/Latos, has developed zero quality MLB Offensive Prospects, etc.

2 more years fellas

And has taken us to the postseason twice in his first six years. I'll take that since we had been to the postseason the previous 15 years before he got here. The playoffs are a crap shoot once you get there. It's all about making the postseason then let the chips fall where they may.

Two minor moves I would like to see accomplished this off season is trade for Justin Turner from LAD and Sean Rodriguez from TB. Both have the capability of playing multiple positions both in the INF and OF. Both can hit -- Turner is better but I would like to see both. Put those two, Pena and schumaker you have a pretty good bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    There is no plan. Walt inherited Bruce, Bailey, Cueto, Votto, Phillips, Mesoraco, Frazier. He was able to pass on Mike Trout for Mike Leake though.

Signed Chapman, traded for Choo/Latos, has developed zero quality MLB Offensive Prospects, etc.

2 more years fellas
    The Reds and 20 other teams passed on Mike Trout also. I wouldn't knock Jocketty for that one.
    "When I began playing the game, baseball was about as gentlemanly as a kick in the crotch." - Ty Cobb

Turn Off Ads?