Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Medical Device Sales

Medical Device Sales

Was curious if anybody here is in the medical device sales field? I'm currently in a consultant (non-sales) role with Stryker Endoscopy and hoping to make a jump into a sales role here in Kentucky.

If so...

How did you land your job in the field?
    What company and/or line of products do you sell?
    What is your overall job satisfaction?

Hoping to get advice to break into the field and get a general feel for others feelings towards this particular career path.

Thanks in advance!
    The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Medical Device Sales

I am not, but my wife is. She works for a company that has developed a device for glioblastoma (sp?), one of the deadliest forms of brain cancer (I don't know much, so some of my terminology or explanation might not be on point). She has been with this company for about 5 years now, she had prior experience in pharmaceutical sales so that's her related experience, but think it was more her ability to talk and comfort people in bad situations that got her the job and why she has had success with it. She worked in a few nursing homes in college and after that helped her get that compassion and desire to help. She doesn't have any medical background, esp in this field, but has received enough training to help her in this field. She absolutely loves her job, although there is a high death rate so it can be upsetting for her in that aspect. But, she also knows what she does may help give them those extra years, months, weeks, or even days that they treasure. Good luck!
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?