Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1016

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

  1. #31
    MLB Baseball Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,713

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Anybody interested in this Marco Polo series Netflix released today? They spent $90M on it, the second most expensive TV show behind Game of Thrones, I'm certainly gonna check it out this weekend and hopefully they didn't waste their money.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

    Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    Member Will M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,522

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Tonight.
    8 PM.
    Agent Carter!

    She was great in the 1rst Captain America movie & tonight starts an 8 episode mini series. I'm guessing the network was afraid a sci fi series set during WWII & starring a female action hero was too risky ratings wise so they only wanted to commit to a short run. The previews look great.
    .

  4. #33
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    47,925

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    Tonight.
    8 PM.
    Agent Carter!

    She was great in the 1rst Captain America movie & tonight starts an 8 episode mini series. I'm guessing the network was afraid a sci fi series set during WWII & starring a female action hero was too risky ratings wise so they only wanted to commit to a short run. The previews look great.
    I'm intrigued by it, but I'm also thinking I'm going to wait it out and watch it all at once. For a mini-series, I like that plan of action.

  5. #34
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    47,925

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Anybody interested in this Marco Polo series Netflix released today? They spent $90M on it, the second most expensive TV show behind Game of Thrones, I'm certainly gonna check it out this weekend and hopefully they didn't waste their money.
    I've made it a few episodes in. I just haven't had as much time for entertainment as I try to complete my book. But, it's finished as of 5 minutes ago. So I will probably pick back up. So far I've been impressed with it. What did you think?

  6. Likes:

    Razor Shines (01-06-2015)

  7. #35
    MLB Baseball Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,713

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I've made it a few episodes in. I just haven't had as much time for entertainment as I try to complete my book. But, it's finished as of 5 minutes ago. So I will probably pick back up. So far I've been impressed with it. What did you think?
    Got busy too. I made it through one episode, as strange as it may sound a dude navigating a harem of naked women isn't quite enough to get me directly to the next episode any more. But I'll certainly pick it back up, I've heard it does get better.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

    Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

  8. #36
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    48,294

    Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Peaky blinders on Netflix is awesome

  9. Likes:

    paintmered (01-08-2015),Razor Shines (01-06-2015)

  10. #37
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    47,925

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Peaky blinders on Netflix is awesome
    I'm glad someone said something. I've been teetering on whether or not to add it or not.

  11. #38
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    15,102

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Watching the series Black Mirror on Netflix. Holy crap.

    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay

  12. #39
    Member NebraskaRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,008

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Watching the series Black Mirror on Netflix. Holy crap.
    I watched the first one...the one with the pig...interesting. Does it get better than that?

  13. #40
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    15,102

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I watched the first one...the one with the pig...interesting. Does it get better than that?
    I'd say so. Deals with a lot of near-future technology gone bad. Problem is, it's believable.

    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6431214
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 01-08-2015 at 08:30 PM.

    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay

  14. Likes:

    Razor Shines (01-08-2015)

  15. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,205

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    The Affair won a bunch of awards at the Golden Globes last night. Maybe it's me, but I thought the show was awful.

  16. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,674

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    The Affair won a bunch of awards at the Golden Globes last night. Maybe it's me, but I thought the show was awful.
    I've watched about half of them, and while I like it, it hasn't blown me away or anything.

  17. #43
    MLB Baseball Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,713

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I'd say so. Deals with a lot of near-future technology gone bad. Problem is, it's believable.

    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6431214
    I finished watching them all. That first episode is a little rough to get through but I really like the series. I agree that it's got a Twilight Zone feel.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

    Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

  18. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgetown
    Posts
    1,536

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    The Affair won a bunch of awards at the Golden Globes last night. Maybe it's me, but I thought the show was awful.
    I didn't think the show was bad bad but not good enough to win awards.

  19. #45
    MLB Baseball Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,713

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    I watched the first episode of a show called "Fortitude". About a research community in Antarctica. Kinda reminds me of "The Killing" but with Stanley Tucci as the lead investigator. It was pretty good. It's on Pivot.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

    Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | JaxRed | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | The Operator