Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1016

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

  1. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,674

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    I'm pretty excited for "The Slap" on NBC. It is based on an Australian show of the same name which was awesome. Hopefully NBC didn't mess it up. Has a huge cast for a TV show.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    MLB Baseball Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,713

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia did a True Detective/Birdman style 6+ minute tracking shot tonight.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

    Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

  4. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    61

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Its taken me awhile to watch the final season of Sons of Anarchy. I just rewatched the first 4 with my girlfriend and then we went on to the next 3. TO be honest. This show has just continued to go downhill. During the first few seasons, episodes would end and I couldnt wait to start the next one. Now its just....Is this the last episode yet
    I already know how it ends and thats the only reason I continue to watch

  5. #49
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    48,330

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    I started The Americans the other day. I've only made it one episode in so far, it was pretty good. At the same time I'm just not sure I'm going to stick around for the long haul, Keri Russel and all. I don't want to root against America.

    Prior to starting The Americans I finished up the first and only season of Betas (an Amazon show). It was quite good, but I was disappointed in two things: 1, why can't Margo Harshman keep more work and 2, why couldn't this get a second season?

  6. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,674

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I started The Americans the other day. I've only made it one episode in so far, it was pretty good. At the same time I'm just not sure I'm going to stick around for the long haul, Keri Russel and all. I don't want to root against America.

    Prior to starting The Americans I finished up the first and only season of Betas (an Amazon show). It was quite good, but I was disappointed in two things: 1, why can't Margo Harshman keep more work and 2, why couldn't this get a second season?
    "The Americans" starts good and gets great. Season 3 is one of the better things on television. I would stick with it.

  7. Likes:

    Chip R (02-05-2015),cincinnati chili (01-07-2016),Razor Shines (02-05-2015)

  8. #51
    MLB Baseball Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,713

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I started The Americans the other day. I've only made it one episode in so far, it was pretty good. At the same time I'm just not sure I'm going to stick around for the long haul, Keri Russel and all. I don't want to root against America.

    Prior to starting The Americans I finished up the first and only season of Betas (an Amazon show). It was quite good, but I was disappointed in two things: 1, why can't Margo Harshman keep more work and 2, why couldn't this get a second season?
    I kinda felt that way about The Americans back in season 1 but it's really never an issue and as Buckeye said it really gets a lot better.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

    Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

  9. #52
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,326

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Loving the way the final season of Justified is shaping up. The Raylan - Boyd interactions have been pretty amazing. I'm really going to miss this show. It isn't profound or cerebral, or make me rethink my worldview or anything. It's just a fun show and very unique in its ability to have the serious elements of a drama, without taking itself too seriously or trying to convince you this is all real. I can't recall another show like it in that regard. The plots are pure fiction, but fun, and the character writing has been brilliant throughout. This is a show that could have kept going without losing much, IMO.

    If I have a complaint so far, it's that I thought Sam Elliott was awful in that last episode. It was WAY too much for me. He was like a cartoon character. I hope that doesn't continue. But if I can get past the god-awful acting of Daryl Crowe Jr from last season, I'm sure I'll be able to get past this.
    Last edited by MWM; 02-06-2015 at 02:08 PM.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  10. Likes:

    Chip R (02-10-2015),Razor Shines (02-06-2015)

  11. #53
    MLB Baseball Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,713

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Best performance of Jake Busey's career.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

    Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

  12. Likes:

    Chip R (02-11-2015),Roy Tucker (02-12-2015)

  13. #54
    MLB Baseball Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,713

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    So I've been re-watching The Wire over the last month and I started looking at the dates of the original run. I did not realize that The end of The Wire and the beginning of Breaking Bad over lapped. The Wire ended March 9, 2008 and Breaking Bad started January 20, 2008. I didn't start watching Breaking Bad until the second season and I didn't watch The Wire at all while it was originally playing. I envy those people who for 6 weeks or so in 2008 had a double feature of The Wire and Breaking Bad on Sunday nights. I wonder how many people were watching both during that time.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

    Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

  14. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,674

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    So I've been re-watching The Wire over the last month and I started looking at the dates of the original run. I did not realize that The end of The Wire and the beginning of Breaking Bad over lapped. The Wire ended March 9, 2008 and Breaking Bad started January 20, 2008. I didn't start watching Breaking Bad until the second season and I didn't watch The Wire at all while it was originally playing. I envy those people who for 6 weeks or so in 2008 had a double feature of The Wire and Breaking Bad on Sunday nights. I wonder how many people were watching both during that time.
    I was one of these people. Here's the thing, I hated the first five episodes of Breaking Bad and stopped watching. Oops. I do intend to remedy this one day.

  15. Likes:

    Razor Shines (02-12-2015)

  16. #56
    MLB Baseball Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,713

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I was one of these people. Here's the thing, I hated the first five episodes of Breaking Bad and stopped watching. Oops. I do intend to remedy this one day.
    Well of course you watched both. You live in LA and your wife works in television, you don't count, you're not a real person.

    But seriously, you stopped after the first 5 and have never picked it back up? I kinda envy the binge ride you're going to go on once you pick it back up.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

    Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

  17. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,674

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Well of course you watched both. You live in LA and your wife works in television, you don't count, you're not a real person.

    But seriously, you stopped after the first 5 and have never picked it back up? I kinda envy the binge ride you're going to go on once you pick it back up.
    I know I know, it seems crazy in hind sight. Due to the whole wife working in TV thing, we watch a tremendous amount of televison, so it is a little hard to binge watch and catch up on something. I think it will be a Summer 2015 project.

  18. #58
    Member NebraskaRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,071

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    My wife convinced me to start watching Fresh Off The Boat. I thought the first few episodes was pretty hilarious. It's set in the 90s, and I think they do a lot of good references (especially with music) without overdoing it and making it into "Hey, remember this from the 90s??"

  19. #59
    MLB Baseball Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,713

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    My wife convinced me to start watching Fresh Off The Boat. I thought the first few episodes was pretty hilarious. It's set in the 90s, and I think they do a lot of good references (especially with music) without overdoing it and making it into "Hey, remember this from the 90s??"
    I've thought about watching that. I like Randall Park a lot. Everybody talks about him from The Interview but his Danny Chung character on Veep is one of the best on the show. I heard that Paul Scheer is in Fresh Off the Boat as well.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

    Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

  20. #60
    MLB Baseball Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,713

    Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

    I enjoyed tonight's Walking Dead episode a great deal.

    Also I'm 3 episodes in to season 3 of House of Cards and can't decide how I feel about it yet.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

    Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | JaxRed | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | The Operator