Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Serial

Re: Serial

So Jay Wilds gave an interview today... https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2...ial-case-pt-1/
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I know you posted it Dab. On the main page I can see your post as the most recent post but when I click on the thread CE's post is the last post. Weird. Jay's explanation in that interview makes way more sense than how it was presented at trial.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I know you posted it Dab. On the main page I can see your post as the most recent post but when I click on the thread CE's post is the last post. Weird. Jay's explanation in that interview makes way more sense than how it was presented at trial.
    I had the same problem for a bit, but I guess Boss-Hog fixed it!!!

Anyways, yes, I agree. It seems way more plausible now, but I still don't think he's telling the whole truth. I don't love his testimony, and I think if anything, it proves that Adnan did not truly "premeditate" Hae's death. I'd like to go back and check his "new" sequence of events against some of the other evidence and testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I had the same problem for a bit, but I guess Boss-Hog fixed it!!!

Anyways, yes, I agree. It seems way more plausible now, but I still don't think he's telling the whole truth. I don't love his testimony, and I think if anything, it proves that Adnan did not truly "premeditate" Hae's death. I'd like to go back and check his "new" sequence of events against some of the other evidence and testimony.
    Yeah. I'm sure someone who has the time will make us a nice chart before too long.

7. Likes:

dabvu2498 (12-29-2014)

Yeah. I'm sure someone who has the time will make us a nice chart before too long.
    After reading the reddit criticisms, my opinion has totally changed. Jay's lying as much or more now than he did 15 years ago. I'm not sure I'm convinced Adnan is innocent yet... But...

Have you heard the Mail Kimp remix???

Have you heard the Mail Kimp remix???
    Yes. It's great.

I haven't hit reddit since this interview came out, I'm kinda afraid to because I know that's at least 2 hours. I guess the consensus would be that Jay has now had all kinds of time to concoct a story that makes more sense and makes him look better?

Yes. It's great.

I haven't hit reddit since this interview came out, I'm kinda afraid to because I know that's at least 2 hours. I guess the consensus would be that Jay has now had all kinds of time to concoct a story that makes more sense and makes him look better?
    No. It runs a bit deeper than that. I think the kid is probably a "pathological liar," if there is such a thing. His former co-worker was correct. He makes stuff up to make himself look "tough" and/or important. One example of what was brought up on reddit... If he was such a big-time drug dealer and was using his grandmother's home as a storehouse, why the hell did they drive around all afternoon/evening trying to score some pot?

No. It runs a bit deeper than that. I think the kid is probably a "pathological liar," if there is such a thing. His former co-worker was correct. He makes stuff up to make himself look "tough" and/or important. One example of what was brought up on reddit... If he was such a big-time drug dealer and was using his grandmother's home as a storehouse, why the hell did they drive around all afternoon/evening trying to score some pot?
    Lol. I guess that's a good point.

In part 2 of that interview Jay doesn't really help himself much. I didn't think Serial "vilified" Jay. The email SK sent him didn't at all come off as a threat, IMO.

Did she ever say she was doing a podcast?

No, she said she was doing a radio show. They pitched it to me as an NPR radio show. I could also tell that she was uncomfortable talking to me. Her lips were quivering, and I just felt like she was lying.
    Why is this even a question? This American Life is on public radio in Chicago. I'm pretty sure the first episode aired there and I imagine as she started on this story it probably was just going to be a This American Life episode.

Because I eventually cooperated with the police and testified, I know that there are people back home who would consider me a snitch and would hurt me.
    Who? I mean it was made clear that Adnan wasn't part of Jay's crime underworld. That's why he came to Jay, he was the only person Adnan knew in that world. So who exactly is gonna hurt Jay for snitching?
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 12-31-2014 at 07:49 AM.

15. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-31-2014)

Here's another good one: "I don’t know if me not moving in Adnan’s circle of people would have saved her life. Like, I don’t know if I sold more weed or less weed that Hae would still be alive. You know what I’m saying? I don’t know if there’s anything else I could have done. Maybe I could have listened better, and taken what I heard more seriously."

He may be more detached from reality than the guy who's actually spent 15 years in the can.

My favorite quote from part 3 of the interview: "After the murder, she [Stephanie] didn’t believe that he did it. We argued a little bit because I leaned on her and said, ‘I wouldn’t have ever really been in contact with Adnan had she not suggested that I sell weed to him.'"

Say wha?

18. Likes:

Razor Shines (12-31-2014)

Seems like Jay always needs someone to be out to get him. First it was the DEA/Cops because he was such a pot kingpin who as pointed out above didn't ever seem to have any pot. Then it was the crime underworld wanting to get him for snitching on Adnan who's not even a part of that crime world. Now it's Sarah Koenig and Serial, because....she's trying to get Jay convicted for the murder? I'm not exactly sure why he sees her as out to get him other than he just needs to view it that way. More often than not Serial seemed pretty sympathetic toward Jay.

I don't know what any of that means in terms of Adnan's guilt or innocence.

20. Likes:

dabvu2498 (01-01-2015)

Turn Off Ads?