Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Anyone else???

Gary Redus Ruled

Anyone else???

Coming here ten times a day hoping for anything...a signing, a trade, a fricking rumor....and seeing the same stuff? LOL Im even coming back and refreshing the page every so often...help. Please tell me im not alone. Ps someone wake up Walt The Cubs are running away with it right now.
    Hoping for another Reds October

2. Likes:

toledodan (12-11-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone else???

Whatever you do don't start using twitter

5. Likes:

toledodan (12-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    Coming here ten times a day hoping for anything...a signing, a trade, a fricking rumor....and seeing the same stuff? LOL Im even coming back and refreshing the page every so often...help. Please tell me im not alone. Ps someone wake up Walt The Cubs are running away with it right now.
    Yep, feels like groundhog day
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

I do that every day, not just during the winter meetings or at the trade deadline. Its still fun IMO
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I prefer no moves to the wrong moves. Look at how many deals teams like the dbacks have made the last few years and they are just spinning their wheels. Walt doesn't make many moves but he usually hits on the ones he does. Latos and Choo were pretty much perfect deals for what the Reds were trying to accomplish at the time and no one they gave up has really came back to haunt them. If the deal isn't there you cant force it just to say you made a deal.

9. Likes:

MikeS21 (12-11-2014),REDREAD (12-11-2014),_Sir_Charles_ (12-11-2014)

Coming here ten times a day hoping for anything...a signing, a trade, a fricking rumor....and seeing the same stuff? LOL Im even coming back and refreshing the page every so often...help. Please tell me im not alone.
    Think about it. Even if the Reds did do something (trade, FA signing, etc.), three-fourths of RedsZone would end up complaining about it and be convinced it was the wrong thing to do.

Ps someone wake up Walt The Cubs are running away with it right now.
    The Cubs have won zilch. The Cubs still have probably the fourth or fifth best rotation in the NL Central.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

11. Likes:

REDREAD (12-11-2014),RedsBrick (12-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    I prefer no moves to the wrong moves. Look at how many deals teams like the dbacks have made the last few years and they are just spinning their wheels. Walt doesn't make many moves but he usually hits on the ones he does. Latos and Choo were pretty much perfect deals for what the Reds were trying to accomplish at the time and no one they gave up has really came back to haunt them. If the deal isn't there you cant force it just to say you made a deal.
    I agree with this. It is frustrating and I want instant gratification as much as the next guy, but I don't want Walt to make a deal just to make a deal. I think the Reds need to trade at least one of their starting pitchers, and I think it makes sense to deal Chapman at this juncture too. However, we don't know what deals are on the table, so it's impossible to know how we should really feel about the lack of action to this point. I'm hoping that things will start to materialize over the next few weeks now that some of the FAs have landed. All we can do is watch and wait.

13. Likes:

MikeS21 (12-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    Is it ironic that you cite the Dbacks as your example, knowing the guy who made those "wrong moves" is now in the Reds Front Office?
    I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher.
    -Rogers Hornsby

I just keep reminding myself that with all these trades, there's no new talent entering the league, it's just get shuffled around. Sure, the balance of it might be shifting to certain teams, and most teams think that trades leave them better off, but the offseason is a zero sum game. At least that's what I keep telling myself.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

...well ... looking like some trades with Detroit or Miami... Happy now ? LOL .

17. Likes:

toledodan (12-11-2014)

Gary Redus Ruled

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    ...well ... looking like some trades with Detroit or Miami... Happy now ? LOL .
    LOL apparently my late nite post broke down the wall!

19. Likes:

toledodan (12-11-2014)

Is anyone of the opinion that the Lester deal yesterday was a deciding factor that the Reds should boot 2015 and rebuild?
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Is anyone of the opinion that the Lester deal yesterday was a deciding factor that the Reds should boot 2015 and rebuild?
    I think it is more likely that it got other things in motion. When Lester settled on not going to the Red Sox, they had to move. As they filled up with Miley and Masterson it meant the Reds were less likely to be a partner. the Porcello move opened up the slot for Simon and the Latos move was probably dependent on the Kemp and Gordon trades. Lester simply served as the opening of the gates but did not lead to a white flag moment. Plus Walt saw this thread and decided to please Redus.

22. Likes:

George Anderson (12-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Not at all. Lester was this year's "First Domino". Once he signed, you would see many deals go through as the "losers" of the deal look for other options which the Reds had 4 options. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that Lester makes the Cubs dominate. All he does is replace Samardzija from last year. The Cub's rotation still isn't scary.

24. Likes:

RedlegJake (12-12-2014)

Gary Redus Ruled

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Whatever you do don't start using twitter
    too late..

Turn Off Ads?