Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his NFL career?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • 2

    The results are hidden 0%
  • 3-9

    The results are hidden 0%
  • 10-19

    The results are hidden 0%
  • 20+

    The results are hidden 0%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 196

Thread: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

  1. #31
    Goober GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    27,821

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Love your take of the game. And you feel exactly as I do...the ineffectiveness of the offense cost them. The D couldn't have played any better.

    As far as the Colts. I just don't know. I cant put my finger on it. The defense looks great one game, then fails to show up the next. The same can be said for their running game. And it seems that Luck is on his back way too many times. However the Pittburgh game was close late in the 4th, but they got man-handled by the Pats and the Cowboys. They also let one slip away against the Eagles. But you are right, they are an enigma.

    One of the reasons, IMO, why the Browns were so successful vs the Colts is the Colt's non-existent running game. The Browns didn't have to worry about it. I think on that side of the ball you need a more balanced attack.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,202

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    One of the reasons, IMO, why the Browns were so successful vs the Colts is the Colt's non-existent running game. The Browns didn't have to worry about it. I think on that side of the ball you need a more balanced attack.
    Maybe we can trade you back T-Rich for Johnny........and turn him into a RB? LOL
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  4. #33
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,808

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Manziel missed treatment on his hamstring Saturday. Seems team security had to go and find him as he threw one heck of a party Friday night. Justin Gilbert and Josh Gordon also attended and missed team functions as well. Browns need to clean house, a cancer is festering in Cleveland. I can't wait for the 30 for 30 documentary to come out on this team in 5-10 yrs.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...l#incart_river
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 12-28-2014 at 01:54 PM.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  5. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (12-29-2014)

  6. #34
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,202

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Manziel missed treatment on his hamstring Saturday. Seems team security had to go and find him as he threw one heck of a party Friday night. Justin Gilbert and Josh Gordon also attended and missed team functions as well. Browns need to clean house, a cancer is festering in Cleveland. I can't wait for the 30 for 30 documentary to come out on this team in 5-10 yrs.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...l#incart_river
    Wow!
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  7. #35
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    19,852

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    He's no Brady Quinn!
    Was it OK to judge Brady Quinn after 2 starts?

  8. #36
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    19,852

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

    But anyone who has watched the Browns this year - and I've watched every game - can see the direction (strides) they have made, and it's been positive...


    Manziel may turn out to be a bust. But I'm certainly not going to make such a determination based on such a small window and the current circumstances that are hindering any type of valued judgment at this stage.
    Yes, the Browns did make strides this year but what you as a fan has to think about is how much long you want to stick with Manziel. If he isn't the answer then the longer the Browns stick with him then the more it hurts their rebuilding. As a Bengal fan, I hope they're real patient with him. I hope they give him the next 2 yrs to prove himself. Were I in your shoes I'd feel much differently

  9. #37
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    31,536

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Manziel missed treatment on his hamstring Saturday. Seems team security had to go and find him as he threw one heck of a party Friday night. Justin Gilbert and Josh Gordon also attended and missed team functions as well. Browns need to clean house, a cancer is festering in Cleveland. I can't wait for the 30 for 30 documentary to come out on this team in 5-10 yrs.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...l#incart_river
    Starting to think Cleveland may straight up release him this offseason.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

  10. #38
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,515

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    I don't see how you can think the Browns have made good moves.

  11. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (12-29-2014)

  12. #39
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,808

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Cleveland had some nice momentum after the Bengals win on Thursday night football. Unfortunately it has pretty much all been erased this last month.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  13. #40
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    7,299

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    The Browns remind me so much of the pre-Marvin Bengals.

    They've got some real talent, but they can't ever make their minds up on a QB and they end up treading water or worse season after season.


    Say what you will about Marvin (and I have), but he's brought a consistency to a franchise that badly needed it. Outside of the debacle years of 2008 and 2010 The Bengals have been in the running every year. And we haven't had any "So who's our QB gonna be this week?!?" threads unless you count 2008, the year where Carson was injured quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

  14. Likes:

    Crumbley (01-03-2015)

  15. #41
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,808

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Things starting to boil in Cleveland! Haslem with some tough words following today's loss. I totally expect Gordon to be traded or released real soon, and possibly Manziel as well.


    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/12/...-irresponsible

    Joe Thomas's quote was perhaps the most telling.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  16. #42
    Goober GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    27,821

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Was it OK to judge Brady Quinn after 2 starts?
    I didn't.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  17. #43
    Goober GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    27,821

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Things starting to boil in Cleveland! Haslem with some tough words following today's loss. I totally expect Gordon to be traded or released real soon, and possibly Manziel as well.


    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/12/...-irresponsible

    Joe Thomas's quote was perhaps the most telling.
    Not that it should be tolerated - and it shouldn't - but young players (rookies) acting immature/irresponsible is not something new to the NFL. It happens all over. The problem with some of these young players is that they become arrogant, cocky, due to their success at the college level. Then they get drafted, sign these million dollar contracts, and their attitude from college carries over into the pros where they feel they aren't going to have to work hard, take it seriously, because, after all, they were a first round pick.

    Some end up getting the message, though it may take a smack upside the head, whether from the other veteran players, coaches, or owner ... and some don't. Of the three (Manziel, Gilbert, and Gordon), Gordon is the most troubling and he will be gone. They stuck with him, gave him numerous chances, and he continues to stupidly throw it away. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get into more trouble in the off-season because he just doesn't get it. Too bad too - such a great talent.

    Gilbert is another story. There was a good article where vets Carlos Dansby and Donte Whitner called him out, basically said he wasted his rookie year; but also said he got the message, and they were basically taking him under their wing. So we'll see in 2015.

    AS for Manziel? He says he too got the message, but as of yet, as far as his off-the-field behavior, as well as taking the game as serious as he should, actions speak louder then words. So we'll see on that. He'll be the QB going into 2015, but all eyes will be on him. If not, then he'll be sitting on the bench somewhere next to Brady Quin.

    But the Brown's slide over the last month or so had nothing to do with these three, nor their off-field behavior. They weren't the cause. Gordon was out 10 weeks, and the Browns were performing well without him. He's been a non-factor. Gilbert, a rookie, has struggled and seen very limited play all year. He's been backing up Buster Skrine. And the slide began under Hoyer, not Manziel.

    As for owner Haslam? I like him, had no problem with what he said/calling players out, and he's done some good things so far. But he's also too meddlesome. He assembled a good FO with Farmer, and a coach in Pettine. But let them do their job Jimmy! It's just ironic that he's coming down on Manziel when he's the guy that wanted him so bad, and, when it's rumored his coaching staff weren't completely sold on drafting him.

    But I have faith this FO, as well as those veteran players in the locker room. will address this "situation" and get it corrected because the culture in Cleveland is changing. And "correction" may very well mean a player(s) exiting for the good of the team as a whole.
    Last edited by GAC; 12-29-2014 at 06:27 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  18. #44
    Goober GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    27,821

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Maybe we can trade you back T-Rich for Johnny........and turn him into a RB? LOL
    We'd be putting the screws to you twice then buddy!

    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  19. #45
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    11,986

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Not that it should be tolerated - and it shouldn't - but young players (rookies) acting immature/irresponsible is not something new to the NFL. It happens all over. The problem with some of these young players is that they become arrogant, cocky, due to their success at the college level. Then they get drafted, sign these million dollar contracts, and their attitude from college carries over into the pros where they feel they aren't going to have to work hard, take it seriously, because, after all, they were a first round pick.

    Some end up getting the message, though it may take a smack upside the head, whether from the other veteran players, coaches, or owner ... and some don't. Of the three (Manziel, Gilbert, and Gordon), Gordon is the most troubling and he will be gone. They stuck with him, gave him numerous chances, and he continues to stupidly throw it away. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get into more trouble in the off-season because he just doesn't get it. Too bad too - such a great talent.

    Gilbert is another story. There was a good article where vets Carlos Dansby and Donte Whitner called him out, basically said he wasted his rookie year; but also said he got the message, and they were basically taking him under their wing. So we'll see in 2015.

    AS for Manziel? He says he too got the message, but as of yet, as far as his off-the-field behavior, as well as taking the game as serious as he should, actions speak louder then words. So we'll see on that. He'll be the QB going into 2015, but all eyes will be on him. If not, then he'll be sitting on the bench somewhere next to Brady Quin.

    But the Brown's slide over the last month or so had nothing to do with these three, nor their off-field behavior. They weren't the cause. Gordon was out 10 weeks, and the Browns were performing well without him. He's been a non-factor. Gilbert, a rookie, has struggled and seen very limited play all year. He's been backing up Buster Skrine. And the slide began under Hoyer, not Manziel.

    As for owner Haslam? I like him, had no problem with what he said/calling players out, and he's done some good things so far. But he's also too meddlesome. He assembled a good FO with Farmer, and a coach in Pettine. But let them do their job Jimmy! It's just ironic that he's coming down on Manziel when he's the guy that wanted him so bad, and, when it's rumored his coaching staff weren't completely sold on drafting him.

    But I have faith this FO, as well as those veteran players in the locker room. will address this "situation" and get it corrected because the culture in Cleveland is changing. And "correction" may very well mean a player(s) exiting for the good of the team as a whole.
    The glass is definitely half full with you, sir! I can respect that.

    With that said, Justin Gilbert's rookie season is nothing but very disappointing. On top of playing poorly he was suspended for the last game because of partying too hard and missing team meetings. Warning sirens should be deafening on this guy at this point.

    Johnny Manziel looks completely overmatched. This is not just a case of not having enough time to prove himself yet, he looks like a 10 year old trying to play Varsity High School football. That is literally what he looks like when he is running around on the field being chased down by NFL defenders. No need to even get into his off the field antics, which are well documented and have occurred wayyyyy too often.

    Josh Gordon needs to be either traded or cut. That has been well documented.

    Another disappointment is Terrance West. He has shown flashes of being good, but he has also shown flashes of not taking his job seriously. Has been benched multiple times for being late to team meetings.

    I think Farmer and Pettine can be successful, but this may be the offseason where Farmer says to Haslem "OK. We did it your way by drafting Manziel. It did not work. Let's do it my way this time" and they unload Manziel and Gordon and start over again. I honestly think it is the best case scenario. No need to waste another season hoping Manziel becomes an NFL QB (spoiler alert: he won't).
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 12-29-2014 at 09:43 AM.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator