Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his NFL career?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.

The results are hidden 0%
  • 3-9

• 10-19

• 20+

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his NFL career?

Please explain the reasoning behind your post.

Now that I live in Northeast Ohio, it has been hilarious listening to the locals go on and on about Manziel.

I am curious what everyone thinks about this kid.

I voted 10-19. I think the Browns will give him 2015 to prove he can play in the NFL but he will not be on a very long leash. I think he will start around 15 games in his career. Injuries will also be a concern for him, as he has the build of my cousin, Kelly.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 12-22-2014 at 09:37 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

Voted 3-9. I'm a sympathetic supporter as my dad is an Aggie, but I think the leash is getting shorter and shorter as 2014 ends.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-22-2014)

The Browns are not doing smart things, so all things being equal as of today, they'll give him 20 or more. I'm only partially being facetious.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    The Browns are not doing smart things, so all things being equal as of today, they'll give him 20 or more. I'm only partially being facetious.
    That is possible, as the Browns will always Brown. But the issue is the fanbase is already turning on Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    That is possible, as the Browns will always Brown. But the issue is the fanbase is already turning on Johnny.
    Yep, the cycle Bengals fans know all too well of the mismanaged franchise from early 90s until Marvin.

He has already started 2 so my guess is 10-19. I think the Cleveland draft will be very telling, they have the ammo to go after Winston/Mariotta, will they? If they don't Manziel will be the starter heading into the season next year, and probably the starter for the entire season. Truth be told I think Cleveland spun their wheels this season, they do not know what they have with Manziel and aren't any closer to a playoff slot next season. They had to find out what they had in Manziel and they didn't do that this season. If he is not the answer then they have wasted another 1st round pick and potentially two more seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    He has already started 2 so my guess is 10-19. I think the Cleveland draft will be very telling, they have the ammo to go after Winston/Mariotta, will they? If they don't Manziel will be the starter heading into the season next year, and probably the starter for the entire season. Truth be told I think Cleveland spun their wheels this season, they do not know what they have with Manziel and aren't any closer to a playoff slot next season. They had to find out what they had in Manziel and they didn't do that this season. If he is not the answer then they have wasted another 1st round pick and potentially two more seasons.
    It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I think Cleveland would have to put an RG3 kind of deal to move up. Certainly the Bucs and Jets will want a QB real bad

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I think Cleveland would have to put an RG3 kind of deal to move up. Certainly the Bucs and Jets will want a QB real bad
    The Browns have two first round picks this year, that could be enough to entice the bucs or jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Cleveland's drafts have been surprising over the past number of years to say the least. Their MO has been to constantly trade down and to stockpile picks all the while lacking impact players. Last season they had the 4th pick in the draft, traded down a couple of slots and drafted Gilbert, someone many thought to be the best corner in the draft. What has Gilbert done this season? Sandwiched in between those two picks were Watkins, Mike Evans, and Mack, all players who would make Cleveland much more dangerous.

Cleveland would be better served in taking the BPA instead of continuing to trade and compile picks. I think they have a team that could be good, a legit playoff contender, but they continue to get in their own way. If you throw in a young promising QB I think they could make the playoffs next year. If they continue to compile picks, I don't think they will make that jump. For as much criticism as the Redskins get for the RG3 trade, they made the playoffs in his rookie season before he blew out his knee and St Louis has been a losing club including all those picks.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I voted 20+. I think the Browns will go in a different direction next year. But "Johnny Football" will get his chances.

13. Likes:

texasdave (12-23-2014)

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Johnny Manziel admits he has to take being a pro "a lot more seriously than maybe I did at (first)."

In expansive comments Tuesday, Manziel was both contrite and somewhat defiant. "This is a job for me now," Manziel said. "I haven't painted the greatest picture of me of being in here and staying on top of myself." Manziel also implored the Browns to stick with him, saying "I don't think it would be fair to give up on somebody after seven quarters of football." The Browns' commitment to Manziel for 2015 is very much an open question.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

GAC, I really like Cleveland's Head Coach, btw. I think if he can be left alone by his bosses to do his job, the Browns can excel.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Johnny Manziel admits he has to take being a pro "a lot more seriously than maybe I did at (first)."

In expansive comments Tuesday, Manziel was both contrite and somewhat defiant. "This is a job for me now," Manziel said. "I haven't painted the greatest picture of me of being in here and staying on top of myself." Manziel also implored the Browns to stick with him, saying "I don't think it would be fair to give up on somebody after seven quarters of football." The Browns' commitment to Manziel for 2015 is very much an open question.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
    Well, at least he understood it was time to grovel, but like someone giving a lame "apology," he makes his case on not being given a fair shot. Well, Johnny, they've seen you practice every day, they've got your on field performance. I'm sure they've heard how great you think you are. But so far, you are showing no one any semblance of an NFL QB. Sideshow, yes. NFL QB, No.

I know he's only started 2 games but it's been ugly. I voted 10-19. I really think it's another Ryan Leaf situation. I think he'll start several games for the Browns next year. Do horribly and then eventually get cut and might get another shot with another team at some point.

If you go back and watch his Texas A&M footage, he made a ton of plays simply by being a better athlete than those around him. When you're not the best athlete on the field anymore, sandlot football will not work. He also doesn't seem to have the football work ethic either (kind of similar to Leaf there too). Guys who aren't physically superior can sometimes forge a career as a game manager, but it doesn't look like Manziel has that in him.
    Last edited by villain612; 12-24-2014 at 09:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I disagree with you buddy. Irregardless of what one thinks of Manziel, to say the Browns aren't doing smart things (plural) isn't recognizing the talent they have accumulated, as well as the strides they have made this year.

This is a team that went into this season with a new head coach, new coaching staff, trying to implement new schemes on both sides of the ball, while also starting youth (rookies) in some key positions. That's not an easy thing to do, and takes time. Last year we had no running game and very little weapons offensively. I love our two rookie RBs, as well as our receiving corp. Our defensive secondary (pass) is one of the best in the NFL (7th).

Coming out of week #12 we had a record of 7-4 and were very much in the hunt for the division/play-offs. Since then the wheels have fallen off. But why? First off - one can't blame that slide on Manziel because has only started the last two games. Things started going awry due to key injuries on the offensive line. Look at how bad Hoyer struggled in the latter part of the season. It wasn't totally his fault. The guy was running for his life behind a line that has been turned into swiss cheese. Cleveland's offensive line is ranked 24th (run blocking) and 26th (pass protection) .

I watched that game last week vs Carolina, and can't tell you how many times I watch their defenders greet Manziel, or our RBs, behind the line when the ball got to them. It was ridiculous. Watching the play of this offensive line over the last few weeks reminds me of the days of poor Tim Couch, and how he got the crap beat out of him (LOL).

And the other issue, which has been on-gong all year .... our run defense is horrendous, and teams have been able to flaunt that.

But my point is simply this..... this team, yes, has some issues that need to be addressed in the off-season. But they've made some positive strides this year. I have to be honest... myself, and a majority of Brown fans I know, didn't really expect them to be quite as successful as they were. We just wanted to see signs of positive direction - and I think we've seen that.

As for Manziel? I find that a majority of those that hate/dislike Manziel - and I've always been on the fence - is due to two things..... 1) his mouth/cockiness, and all the hype. So he deserves a lot of that... but I also think it motivates some to root that he fails. 2) they've carried this preconceived notion, since he came out of college, that he was never going to make it in the NFL, and for various reasons (some valid, some not IMO) they continue to hold to that position, will never give him a chance, and those last two games reinforce that in their minds.

But is that being fair and objective? Manziel may fall flat on his face. I don't know. And right now, neither does the Brown's coaching staff. It's good to hear this from Pettine .... http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ing_off_1.html

and Karlos Dansby .... http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...hnny_manz.html

Sorry, but I find it silliness to make any predictions about Manziel at this stage of the game, and under the circumstances.
    Last edited by GAC; 12-25-2014 at 08:36 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

19. Likes:

Razor Shines (12-28-2014)

Turn Off Ads?