Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his NFL career?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • 2

    The results are hidden 0%
  • 3-9

    The results are hidden 0%
  • 10-19

    The results are hidden 0%
  • 20+

    The results are hidden 0%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 196

Thread: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

  1. #61
    Member Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,807

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    The few draft guys I pay attention to on Twitter all loved Bridgewater, and it's looking like they were right. It's amazing that Cleveland makes the wrong choices over and over and over.
    “When I use a word,” Trumpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Trumpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,326

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    The few draft guys I pay attention to on Twitter all loved Bridgewater, and it's looking like they were right. It's amazing that Cleveland makes the wrong choices over and over and over.
    Same here. Everyone I pay any real attention to also loved Bridgewater. A couple of them were even touting Isaiah Crowell as one of the best back in this class. They may have gotten that one right, but more by luck than anything else.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  4. #63
    Goober GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    27,822

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    The few draft guys I pay attention to on Twitter all loved Bridgewater, and it's looking like they were right. It's amazing that Cleveland makes the wrong choices over and over and over.

    I wanted Cleveland to take Bridgewater bad. And they could have kept the #4 pick and still had Todd late 1st round. As I watched, on draft day, all of Cleveland's stupid "shuffling" around with their picks, I was totally perplexed at their actions.

    The Brown's lower round drafts I really liked.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  5. #64
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    31,554

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    And Bridgewater is flourishing in part due to having the Browns OC from last year, Norv Turner.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

  6. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,421

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    And Bridgewater is flourishing in part due to having the Browns OC from last year, Norv Turner.
    Turner looked washed up to me the last several years...that the NFL passed him up and he stopped making adjustments (it happens to every Coach). I think Zimmer's had a motivating influence on him. Nice to see the success he had this year. The Cordarelle Patterson issue was a good example. Turner always has used his TE's and RB's heavily in the passing game and Rudolph was gone most of the year while McKinnon was hurt the second half. The surprise loss of AP hurt obviously. Looking forward to seeing next year's season.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  7. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,421

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    You can't tell me that this didn't have a lot to do with the moronic decisions to both draft and play Johnny Manziel.

    Hoorah for Kyle Shanahan to tell Ownership that they need to butt out when it comes to deciding who plays and who doesn't.

    From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

    A source tells FOX Sports that the Browns are "parting ways" with OC Kyle Shanahan.

    The dysfunction that has plagued Cleveland's organization for the last 15 years continues. Just one year after landing a talented game-planner and offensive schemer, the Browns lose Shanahan on the heels of a disastrous Johnny Manziel pick and reports of "friction" between the coaches and the front office. Shanny (who was never on Team Manziel) reportedly asked for his release and was granted it, while quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains was canned Thursday. Shanahan, who will interview for the Bills' head coaching vacancy Thursday and has been linked to the 49ers' vacancy, won't hurt for other offers. Seahawks DC Dan Quinn wants him as his offensive coordinator if he lands a job and there are also rumors of three teams interested in Mike and Kyle as a package deal. The next Browns' OC will be their ninth since 2006.

    Source: Alex Marvez on Twitter


    Hey, GAC!!!! Do you still insist that there needs to be more viewing of Johnny Manziel to make the decision that he shouldn't be Quarterbacking in the NFL? If there was any hope whatsoever, Shanahan wouldn't have gotten the heck out of Dodge. Manziel is a joke and Shanahan didn't want to be any part of that joke. Now, the Cleveland Browns are a joke because of their owner. It's Mike Brown from the '90's all over again, (except the Browns will spend money). What respectable O.C. would take his trade to a team where the owner is going to tell you to play a joke like Manziel at QB? Nobody. Only a desperate person who sees the Browns' gig as a 'huge' stepping stone will take on that task.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  8. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (01-08-2015),Sea Ray (01-08-2015)

  9. #67
    Member jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Troy, OH
    Posts
    2,741

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    I never thought it made sense to bench the QB that got you in the position to make a run at the postseason. Now, after hearing what Shanahan has said, it kinda does. Makes you wonder if Pettine has become a puppet of Haslam's and the FO. Now, no way Hoyer comes back so we are stuck Johnny Dumb*** as starting QB going into next year. They need to just prop a huge circus tent over Cleveland Browns Stadium, or whatever it's called now. Browns fans deserve so much better.

  10. #68
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,000

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I never thought it made sense to bench the QB that got you in the position to make a run at the postseason. Now, after hearing what Shanahan has said, it kinda does. Makes you wonder if Pettine has become a puppet of Haslam's and the FO. Now, no way Hoyer comes back so we are stuck Johnny Dumb*** as starting QB going into next year. They need to just prop a huge circus tent over Cleveland Browns Stadium, or whatever it's called now. Browns fans deserve so much better.
    Browns are going to Brown...Apparently for eternity.

  11. #69
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    31,554

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    I don't know that the Browns were necessarily wrong to bench Hoyer for Manziel given the way Hoyer was playing, but it absolutely should have been a decision by Pettine, Shanahan, and staff and not Haslam. The Browns coaching staff knew better than anybody if Manziel was ready for that spot or not.

    There is a rumor that the Browns could be interested in Charlie Weis at OC, which in theory is a good move but is also a hilarious one given the Browns reputation as the Factory of Sadness and Weis' general ineptitude in the last decade.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

  12. Likes:

    Kingspoint (01-08-2015)

  13. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,421

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

    The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports ex-Browns OC Kyle Shanahan was "dismayed" when the team waived WR Charles Johnson in August.

    Johnson's release was apparently part of the disconnect between Shanahan and the Browns' front office. Johnson was signed by the Vikings in September, eventually emerging as a starter and impact player. Vikings OC Norv Turner recently said Johnson was one of the reasons the team's offense was so much more potent down the stretch. Johnson has WR2 upside for 2015.

    Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer


    Charles Johnson was a stud for the Vikings at the end of the year and emerged as a very good Receiver, their best Receiver among a good group of average Receivers (Jarius Wright, Greg Jennings and TE Kyle Rudolph), and has tremendous upside with him having the luxury of an entire off-season and camp to prepare for next season.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  14. #71
    Goober GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    27,822

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    You can't tell me that this didn't have a lot to do with the moronic decisions to both draft and play Johnny Manziel.

    Hoorah for Kyle Shanahan to tell Ownership that they need to butt out when it comes to deciding who plays and who doesn't.

    From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

    A source tells FOX Sports that the Browns are "parting ways" with OC Kyle Shanahan.

    The dysfunction that has plagued Cleveland's organization for the last 15 years continues. Just one year after landing a talented game-planner and offensive schemer, the Browns lose Shanahan on the heels of a disastrous Johnny Manziel pick and reports of "friction" between the coaches and the front office. Shanny (who was never on Team Manziel) reportedly asked for his release and was granted it, while quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains was canned Thursday. Shanahan, who will interview for the Bills' head coaching vacancy Thursday and has been linked to the 49ers' vacancy, won't hurt for other offers. Seahawks DC Dan Quinn wants him as his offensive coordinator if he lands a job and there are also rumors of three teams interested in Mike and Kyle as a package deal. The next Browns' OC will be their ninth since 2006.

    Source: Alex Marvez on Twitter


    Hey, GAC!!!! Do you still insist that there needs to be more viewing of Johnny Manziel to make the decision that he shouldn't be Quarterbacking in the NFL? If there was any hope whatsoever, Shanahan wouldn't have gotten the heck out of Dodge. Manziel is a joke and Shanahan didn't want to be any part of that joke. Now, the Cleveland Browns are a joke because of their owner. It's Mike Brown from the '90's all over again, (except the Browns will spend money). What respectable O.C. would take his trade to a team where the owner is going to tell you to play a joke like Manziel at QB? Nobody. Only a desperate person who sees the Browns' gig as a 'huge' stepping stone will take on that task.
    I don't understand why it bothers you, and a few others, that all I've said is that Manziel needs to be given the chance to prove himself either way, and that 6 quarters doesn't prove anything? My God! Even Tebow was given more opportunities to fail (LOL). OK, I get it.... you think Manziel is a joke. Why you feel you have to keep repeating it over and over is beyond me. I guess it's really more important that you be right then anything else? Geez!

    As for the friction between the coaching staff and FO - that's not some breaking news, but old news. Especially the stuff about Shanahan, and their playing Manziel. Brown fans, on numerous forums, have been talking it up all year. On one hand, compared to the previous owner (Randy Lerner) ... who was pretty disengaged, some what ambivalent, when it came to running the team .... this new owner is more aggressive and heavily involved, because he wants to win and win bad. The bad side is that he is too involved and meddling, and he needs to butt out and allow his people to do their job. And it's not just all about playing Manziel either. I think I've mentioned that on here prior haven't I? And if he doesn't get the message then the organization will continue to be dysfunctional.

    Most Brown fans agreed that Kyle's stay at Cleveland wasn't going to be long irregardless of the QB "controversy". He is a much in-demand coach, and will be a head coach very soon. This friction with the FO just expedited that move. Sad.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-09-2015 at 05:46 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  15. #72
    Goober GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    27,822

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I don't know that the Browns were necessarily wrong to bench Hoyer for Manziel given the way Hoyer was playing, but it absolutely should have been a decision by Pettine, Shanahan, and staff and not Haslam. The Browns coaching staff knew better than anybody if Manziel was ready for that spot or not.
    And I've said the same Tom. Hoyer's play went south because of injuries to the offensive line. He, as well as the RBs, were getting no protection whatsoever. QB scrambling for his life... RBs consistently getting hit 2-3 yards behind the line. It was terrible, and anyone who watched the games from week 11 on could see the obvious. So a FO telling them to put an inexperienced, unproven, rookie QB back there, when the QB wasn't the problem, was going to improve the situation? It was stupid, and I said it then. Andrew Luck would have struggled back there.

    I hope the exit of Shanahan, as well as this stuff going public, does send a message to this owner and he somehow gets it. He's got a good head coach. If not, then it will be sad because, IMO, this team has talent, and has made positive strides this past year. But some important decisions have to be made in the off-season IF they want to continue in that same direction, or else it will continue to be troublesome.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  16. #73
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    19,858

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I don't understand why it bothers you, and a few others, that all I've said is that Manziel needs to be given the chance to prove himself either way, and that 6 quarters doesn't prove anything? My God! Even Tebow was given more opportunities to fail (LOL). OK, I get it.... you think Manziel is a joke. Why you feel you have to keep repeating it over and over is beyond me. I guess it's really more important that you be right then anything else? Geez!

    As for the friction between the coaching staff and FO - that's not some breaking news, but old news. Especially the stuff about Shanahan, and their playing Manziel. Brown fans, on numerous forums, have been talking it up all year. On one hand, compared to the previous owner (Randy Lerner) ... who was pretty disengaged, some what ambivalent, when it came to running the team .... this new owner is more aggressive and heavily involved, because he wants to win and win bad. The bad side is that he is too involved and meddling, and he needs to butt out and allow his people to do their job. And it's not just all about playing Manziel either. I think I've mentioned that on here prior haven't I? And if he doesn't get the message then the organization will continue to be dysfunctional.

    Most Brown fans agreed that Kyle's stay at Cleveland wasn't going to be long irregardless of the QB "controversy". He is a much in-demand coach, and will be a head coach very soon. This friction with the FO just expedited that move. Sad.
    I wonder if that's how the meeting went between Shanahan and Haslam.

    Shanahan: I can't go along with this Johnny Manziel experiment. It'll kill my resume
    Haslam:Manziel needs to be given the chance to prove himself either way, and 6 quarters doesn't prove anything. My God! Even Tebow was given more opportunities to fail (LOL). OK, I get it.... you think Manziel is a joke. Why you feel you have to keep repeating it over and over is beyond me.
    KShanahan: I'm outta here

  17. Likes:

    Redhook (01-09-2015)

  18. #74
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,000

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    I don't really understand why everyone is all of a sudden freaking out about Shanahan. I have friends from DC that hated Shanahan when he was their OC, and in the games I watched this year the biggest play that stands out is the illegal pass to Manziel in which Shanahan did not understand the rules.

  19. #75
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    31,554

    Re: How many games will Johnny Manziel start in his career?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don't really understand why everyone is all of a sudden freaking out about Shanahan. I have friends from DC that hated Shanahan when he was their OC, and in the games I watched this year the biggest play that stands out is the illegal pass to Manziel in which Shanahan did not understand the rules.
    I don't know that people are necessarily freaking out about losing genius Shanahan as much as they see it as yet another sign of dysfunction and failure on the part of Browns management.

    Also I think just about every fan of every team hates their team's offensive/defensive coordinator and thinks they don't know what they are doing.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

  20. Likes:

    redsfandan (01-29-2015),Revering4Blue (01-10-2015)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator