Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In Depth...Why I Think the Reds Should Welcome Back "a former" Fan Favorite

Re: In Depth...Why I Think the Reds Should Welcome Back "a former" Fan Favorite

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman Fever View Post
    I'm pretty sure that we were all XP fans by the end of 2012. I mean, a guy who seemingly "came out of nowhere" to give us 96 trips to the plate and post us a .314/.379/.465 with several multi-hit games statline........Sure, he was exposed a little bit in 2013 when, due to Ludwick's Opening Day injury, he was asked to fill-in as our starter. But I'd still take his LH bench work back. And truthfully, did we actually have anybody better than Xavier playing out in left field in 2014?
    In 2014, Xavier Paul had a -0.4 WAR.

In 2014, Chris Heisey had a 0.9 WAR.

So yes, the Reds did have a better player out there.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

2. Likes:

TRF (01-12-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    In 2014, Xavier Paul had a -0.4 WAR.

In 2014, Chris Heisey had a 0.9 WAR.

So yes, the Reds did have a better player out there.
    In 2014, XP was in the minors of the Baltimore Orioles organization.

True statement. However, he also spent time in the big leagues with Arizona.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    True statement. However, he also spent time in the big leagues with Arizona.
    For all of 20 at bats. (on a side note, I hope we get more than 20 at bats out of our $25M Man this year)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

For all of 20 at bats. (on a side note, I hope we get more than 20 at bats out of our $25M Man this year)
    This type of trolling is the reason I don't come here much anymore, along with many others.

BTW, Votto will make $14 million this year, but don't let facts get in your way.

8. Likes:

pahster (01-12-2015),redsmetz (01-12-2015),TRF (01-12-2015),westofyou (01-12-2015),_Sir_Charles_ (01-12-2015)

While that certainly makes the comparisons not apples-for-apples, I'm not sure how this point helps in your defense of Xavier Paul on the Reds next season.

No offense, but you are setting the bar pretty low for quality here at the ole RZ bar.

11. Likes:

Larkin Fan (01-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    No offense, but you are setting the bar pretty low for quality here at the ole RZ bar.
    No offense taken. With our "budget issues", I thought Xavier would be at least an ok bench addition. Perhaps even a platoon kinda guy.

As a fan, I honestly haven't had anything to get excited about in the offseason ever since we picked up Shin-Soo Choo.
    That was over two years ago. And unfortunately, with our "budget issues", we probably won't have much to get excited about in the offseasons for quite a while.

I miss Marge Schott and Jim Bowden. At the very least, they always managed to keep the offseasons interesting and instill a sense of (most often times false) hope.

I just feel like this team needs some changes............
    Last edited by Pacman Fever; 01-12-2015 at 02:24 PM.

No offense taken. With our "budget issues", I thought Xavier would be at least an ok bench addition. Perhaps even a platoon kinda guy.

As a fan, I honestly haven't had anything to get excited about in the offseason ever since we picked up Shin-Soo Choo.
    Seriously? The Reds actually have had a very good though not splashy off season. They may have picked up Latos replacement and a quality C prospect. The moved Fools Gold for a potential replacement for Cozart and a decent power arm. Homer is getting healthy, Votto, who apparently didn't sign your autograph request is getting healthy, and Bruce is getting healthy. Byrd is not my ideal LF, but he makes for a decent bridge to Yorman/Winker/Waldrop and from all accounts is a great clubhouse guy.

Maybe there is an old beta tape of the '75 Reds you can watch. That should get ya going.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Seriously? The Reds actually have had a very good though not splashy off season. They may have picked up Latos replacement and a quality C prospect. The moved Fools Gold for a potential replacement for Cozart and a decent power arm. Homer is getting healthy, Votto, who apparently didn't sign your autograph request is getting healthy, and Bruce is getting healthy. Byrd is not my ideal LF, but he makes for a decent bridge to Yorman/Winker/Waldrop and from all accounts is a great clubhouse guy.

Maybe there is an old beta tape of the '75 Reds you can watch. That should get ya going.
    I miss Marge Schott and Jim Bowden. At the very least, they always managed to keep the offseasons interesting, switch things up a bit, and instill a sense of (often times false) hope.

I just feel like this team needs some changes............

Missing Marge and Bowden is like missing a case of the clap and a brother who steals from you

16. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-12-2015),Larkin Fan (01-12-2015),Raisor (01-13-2015),TRF (01-12-2015)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I miss Marge Schott and Jim Bowden. At the very least, they always managed to keep the offseasons interesting and instill a sense of (most often times false) hope.
    There's just so much wrong with this statement I don't know where to begin.

Name:  11303038135_302f828669.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  76.3 KB
    Go Gators!

19. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (01-12-2015)

I really hoped this was going to be a Wily MO thread.

21. Likes:

Gapper (01-13-2015),TRF (01-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I once told a (somewhat gullible) friend of mine that Xavier Paul had three sisters named Marquette, Villanova, and Loyola. And a brother named DePaul. Let that sink in...DePaul Paul.

And he bought it.

(He didn't catch on until I told him that they referred to their mother as Notre Dame.)
    You screwed up by mixing up the Jesuits with Marianists. Keep the holy orders in line and you're gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

23. Likes:

Always Red (01-13-2015),Big Klu (01-13-2015),Raisor (01-13-2015),westofyou (01-13-2015)

Turn Off Ads?