Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Project Blue Book" -- UFO files from Wright-Patterson Airforce Base De-Classified!

"Project Blue Book" -- UFO files from Wright-Patterson Airforce Base De-Classified!

Not sure if anyone else is into this sort of thing. Actually, I'm not even sure I am into this sort of thing... though something in me has always been a little intrigued by the possibility of UFO's. Anyway, the Air Force just de-classified something like 130,000 pages of information on what they know about the topic, and it is all online now at this site -- which you can browse from the comfort of your own easy chair!

UFO enthusiast John Greenewald says his database, Project Blue Book Collection, is the first to compile every single declassified document from the Blue Book project -- headquartered at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio from 1947 to 1969 -- in one place for anyone to search or download for free.

The collection consists of files from Project Blue Book, Project Sign and Project Grudge, the names given to official investigations into unidentified flying objects by the United States military.

Greenewald's efforts are not motivated by a close encounter or personal experience with unidentified flying objects. He says he's just driven by curiosity.

"I'm a history buff. I think this stuff should be accessible," he said. "Secrets are not bad things; I think we should know about this and it should be in history books."
    Last edited by RedEye; 01-22-2015 at 11:36 PM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Likes:

BillDoran (01-23-2015),marcshoe (01-23-2015),nemesis (06-20-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: "Project Blue Book" -- UFO files from Wright-Patterson Airforce Base De-Classifie

Sounds like Project Blue somethings.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: "Project Blue Book" -- UFO files from Wright-Patterson Airforce Base De-Classifie

They are real.

Like in Cosmos, if it's just us in the universe, that would be a pretty big waste of space.

If I was an alien with the technology to monitor us, I don't think I'd want anything to do with us, I'll put it that way.

I also subscribe to the theory that I don't think we have to be worried about being enslaved or whatever, because any species that retains violent characteristics but had that kind of technology would destroy themselves first.

My theory is that we are a colony, and our roots want nothing to do with us for one reason or another, until we hit a certain point of development/evolution.

Neat stuff. Pure speculation, but that's ok. We don't always have to "know everything" to talk about it.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I believe in the possibility that there are civilizations out there that have the capabilities to travel in ways we think are impossible, and theoretically, they could come here. . . .

but I've seen no credible evidence.

I think alien abduction stories such as Whitley Streiber's 'Communion' and the 'Fire in the Sky' story in Arizona are fascinating and scary,

but I think that if they really happened, they had more to do with psychological issues than aliens.

That said, I am interested, and I'll keep an open mind. Convince me. As someone once put on a poster, I want to believe.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

8. Likes:

Chip R (01-27-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Like in Cosmos, if it's just us in the universe, that would be a pretty big waste of space.

If I was an alien with the technology to monitor us, I don't think I'd want anything to do with us, I'll put it that way.

I also subscribe to the theory that I don't think we have to be worried about being enslaved or whatever, because any species that retains violent characteristics but had that kind of technology would destroy themselves first.

My theory is that we are a colony, and our roots want nothing to do with us for one reason or another, until we hit a certain point of development/evolution.

Neat stuff. Pure speculation, but that's ok. We don't always have to "know everything" to talk about it.
    Disclaimer: I am not saying your theory is right or wrong

If we were a colony, why would a civilization begin a colony where the colonists have no idea they are a colony?

The only reason I could think of would be as an experiment. But why?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

If we were a colony, why would a civilization begin a colony where the colonists have no idea they are a colony?
    Based on our world history, after a few generations, what do colonies usually end up doing to the ones who colonized them?

That being said, I didn't mean colony in the human sense. There is the whole "evolution" thing, right? If evolution as we know it is accurate, then we wouldn't have been dropped off as humans.
    More likely, a suitable world could have been populated with what would end up as humans, animals and/or an infinite other random evolution from one, "whatever". (Godseed?)

"Seeded" might have been a better way to say it.

The only reason I could think of would be as an experiment. But why?
    Experimentation could certainly be part of it. Of course that would then probably include observation.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 01-23-2015 at 02:45 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Based on our world history, after a few generations, what do colonies usually end up doing to the ones who colonized them?

That being said, I didn't mean colony in the human sense. There is the whole "evolution" thing, right? If evolution as we know it is accurate, then we wouldn't have been dropped off as humans.
    More likely, a suitable world could have been populated with what would end up as humans, animals and/or an infinite other random evolution from one, "whatever". (Godseed?)

"Seeded" might have been a better way to say it.

Experimentation could certainly be part of it. Of course that would then probably include observation.
    So, basically the plot of Prometheus?

12. Likes:

Razor Shines (01-23-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    So, basically the plot of Prometheus?
    I can get on board with that. I saw Shame, Michael Fassbender is definitely an artificial life form.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

After 50 years of the most intensive research ever done on the civilizations of humans, Will and Ariel Durant, compilers of "The History of Civilization" came to the conclusion that all civilizations imploded from within based on "tolerance", a slow, compromising way of accepting behavior that goes against the norm.

Will and Ariel Durant were recipients of the Pulitzer Prize in 1968 and the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1977.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Durant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_Durant
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

15. Likes:

kpresidente (01-27-2015)

I am quite certain that there are "aliens" out there and there is a lot of evidence. For example some abducted people have come back with some piece of alien chip in their arms. The only thing we're lacking as to "proof" is an official acknowledgement by our gov't. There are reasons why they can't. One is the War of the World's reason (mass panic) and the other is strategic. If these aliens are giving us technology and not other countries, then we can't go public with that.

There's also a ton of proof in the Roswell incident. The gov't had its reasons for covering that up but now as the years have gone by, people have come forward to admit that there was indeed a coverup.

I think we can be confident that these aliens are benevolent because if they wanted to destroy us they certainly could have by now.

The problem with the colony theory is that it assumes that there's only one kind of alien circling us up there. I think there's much more.

Of course they'd want to study us. You don't get to be that intelligent without having a penchant for research and curiosity. As humans we study everything from the amoeba to primates.

I believe.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giorgiotsoukalos.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	8524

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I believe.

Name:	giorgiotsoukalos.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	8524
    He's a little far out for my beliefs. I'm sure he was raised Greek Orthodox. I often wonder what his family thinks about his belief system

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    After 50 years of the most intensive research ever done on the civilizations of humans, Will and Ariel Durant, compilers of "The History of Civilization" came to the conclusion that all civilizations imploded from within based on "tolerance", a slow, compromising way of accepting behavior that goes against the norm.

Will and Ariel Durant were recipients of the Pulitzer Prize in 1968 and the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1977.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Durant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_Durant

Name:	apocalypto-gibson.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	8525
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I'm really of the belief, so to speak, that the whole UFO phenomena has been due to a mis-understanding of just what UFO actually means.

UFO = An object that is flying but which has not yet been identified.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?