Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: Roku/Apple TV/Amazon Fire TV/Chromecast - What do you have? What do you like?

Re: Roku/Apple TV/Amazon Fire TV/Chromecast - What do you have? What do you like?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Does it have You Tube or You Tube TV? They are different things.
    YouTube TV. Well both actually.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Roku/Apple TV/Amazon Fire TV/Chromecast - What do you have? What do you like?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I have a question concerning routers, and which is the best/optimum to use. My home network works OK (Spectrum internet $69.99/month), and I have a Linksys E2500 router ..... but in my master bedroom, which is about 25 ft away from main network hub (two walls), I seem to buffer more then usual. Could I improve that by going to a better router?
    Maybe. My AT&T Router was ok, but the signal was weak on the 2nd floor. I bought a Netgearn Orbi which comes with a plug in range extender. Seems to have solved the problem.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I don't understand what happened here. I've been with DirectvNow since last Fall, and I was getting both FoxSportsOhio and SportsTimeOhio (Indians). They've now "magically" disappeared, and I'm getting FS1.

When I sign-in to my account and look at my package (Just Right/$50/month), and do a RSN channel search, based on my zip code, it shows both FSO and STO as being my local (available) channels. And again, I was getting them. Might have to get a hold of DirectvNow for an explanation as to what went on. They lost the contract?
    Yea I never got an explanation for it, really. You might try downloading the Fox Sports Go app and seeing if you can still get games that way. Occasionally on PS Vue, I won't get the game on FSO, but I can pull it up on that app no problem.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

I have a question concerning routers, and which is the best/optimum to use. My home network works OK (Spectrum internet $69.99/month), and I have a Linksys E2500 router ..... but in my master bedroom, which is about 25 ft away from main network hub (two walls), I seem to buffer more then usual. Could I improve that by going to a better router?
    A better router will certainly help. I got this one: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear...?skuId=1754208

Also, depending on the size of your house, a wi-fi range extender might help. But going through a few walls will degrade your signal. My daughter connects just fine with this at roughly the same distance going through three walls.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    A better router will certainly help. I got this one: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear...?skuId=1754208

Also, depending on the size of your house, a wi-fi range extender might help. But going through a few walls will degrade your signal. My daughter connects just fine with this at roughly the same distance going through three walls.
    Thanks guys for your input. My house is a ranch style, approximately 1900 sq ft. My main "hub" is centrally located in the home. My home network seems to work satisfactorily (could be better IMO) and, when I checked it, has more then adequate speed for streaming. It's just in that back bedroom where I occasionally have the buffering issue.

I'm thinking of trying a wi-fi range extender first, and I'm looking at this one .....https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...odtag118403-20
    Last edited by GAC; 05-01-2018 at 04:09 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

So, my review of DirecTVNow.

It kinda stinks.

Don't get me wrong. I'm probably keeping it. It's got the channel lineup i want, plus I get a discount from AT&T. The DVR capabilities are awful. Very limited storage compared to Vue (100 hours) and YouTube (unlimited I believe). You can't pause live TV, you just sort of stop it. When you unpause, you are live. You can start any show now from the beginning, but there is no fast forward/commercial skip when you do so.

It's costing me $50 a month... I added the third stream, which i am probably dropping. DVR controls are a little clunky. Not the fine control I am used to with a regular hardware based DVR. But they say it is still in Beta, so there is that.

I do like the updated look, the guide has program info for every highlighted show. Stream quality is very good, some buffering issues at times.

I'm going to give them my money for the next 6 months. After that, we'll see.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    So, my review of DirecTVNow.

It kinda stinks.

Don't get me wrong. I'm probably keeping it. It's got the channel lineup i want, plus I get a discount from AT&T. The DVR capabilities are awful. Very limited storage compared to Vue (100 hours) and YouTube (unlimited I believe). You can't pause live TV, you just sort of stop it. When you unpause, you are live. You can start any show now from the beginning, but there is no fast forward/commercial skip when you do so.

It's costing me $50 a month... I added the third stream, which i am probably dropping. DVR controls are a little clunky. Not the fine control I am used to with a regular hardware based DVR. But they say it is still in Beta, so there is that.

I do like the updated look, the guide has program info for every highlighted show. Stream quality is very good, some buffering issues at times.

I'm going to give them my money for the next 6 months. After that, we'll see.
    Here's one problem I keep running into with DirectTVNow specifically.
    It's listed with BTN To Go and ESPN & FoxSportsGo. But when I try to log in to see an alternate game on BTN, my DirectTVNow login always comes back to the same "Something Went Wrong" screen on Direct TV Now's website.

If anyone knows how to fix that I'd be ever so grateful.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?