Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Greg Zaun says Orioles vets used to 'beat' him

Re: Greg Zaun says Orioles vets used to 'beat' him

I know Ty Cobb would have not put up with that crap from any of his teammates. They did not like him for what became obvious reasons but they also did not like it when Cobb fought back after they started messing with him....and in 1905....they were not exactly very tolerant of ANY rookie.

I do believe that if Zaun had been Johnny Bench or Carlton Fisk... they would have never messed with him like that. Star players, who are known to be the bread and butter of a team...even if they are first year players would not be screwed with like that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

When I was wee lad I read this bit about Bobby Orr (Hockey for those of you who are dead)

Young Mr. Orr experienced all the usual rookie initiations, including"The Shave"; a head to toe shaving by the team whiling being held down.
    Orr did not complain about his teammates rough horse play, and because of this attitude his teammates accepted him that much quicker.
    I somehow got that then, as weird as it was/is.

But again... when my team lost we did NOT get to go to go to the Dairy Hut for a cone of disappointment.

4. Likes:

JayBruceFan (03-06-2015)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    When I was wee lad I read this bit about Bobby Orr (Hockey for those of you who are dead)

I somehow got that then, as weird as it was/is.

But again... when my team lost we did NOT get to go to go to the Dairy Hut for a cone of disappointment.
    Sprinkles are for winners.

6. Likes:

ac084c (03-08-2015),RichRed (03-07-2015)

I realize hazing takes place in sports. I don't like it in sports or anywhere else. My attitude regarding hazing is similar to Lincoln's attitude regarding slavery-As I would not be a slave, I would not be a master. As I would not want to be subjected to hazing, I would not haze someone else.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

8. Likes:

cincinnati chili (03-12-2015),Razor Shines (03-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Beating will continue even after morale improves.
    Paddling the team canoe? Oh, you better believe that's a paddlin'.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

10. Likes:

Chip R (03-12-2015),Tom Servo (03-12-2015)

Turn Off Ads?