Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redzone's #33 prospect for 2015?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aldazora, Argenis

0 0%
  • Amaral, Beau

1 3.13%
  • Antone, Tejay

0 0%
  • Astin, Barrett

0 0%
  • Boyles, Ty

4 12.50%
  • Chacin, Alejandro

0 0%
  • Cisco, Drew

0 0%
  • Constante, Jacob

2 6.25%
  • Crook, Narciso

0 0%
  • Duran, Juan

1 3.13%
  • Font, Wilmer

0 0%
  • Franklin, Kevin

0 0%
  • Garcia, Kevin

1 3.13%
  • Gelalich, Jeff

0 0%
  • Gonzalez, Carlos

0 0%
  • Gonzalez, Luis

0 0%
  • Guillon, Ismael

3 9.38%
  • Hunter, Brian

0 0%
  • Klimesh, Ben

0 0%
  • LaMarre, Ryan

0 0%
  • Lopez, Jose

0 0%
  • Magill, Matt

7 21.88%
  • Mardirosian, Shayne

0 0%
  • Marshall, Montrell

0 0%
  • Maron, Cam

0 0%
  • Marquez, Soid

0 0%
  • Matthews, Jon

0 0%
  • Medina, Reydel

0 0%
  • Muhammed, El-Hajj

0 0%
  • Ortiz, Jose

2 6.25%
  • O'Grady, Brian

0 0%
  • Peralta, Wandy

0 0%
  • perez, Juan

0 0%
  • Rachal, Avain

0 0%
  • Rahier, Tanner

4 12.50%
  • Reynoso, Jonathan

0 0%
  • Rogers, Sharky

0 0%
  • Rosa, Gabriel

0 0%
  • Sampson, Kevvius

2 6.25%
  • Selsky, Steve

0 0%
  • Shackelford, Kevin

0 0%
  • Siri, Jose

0 0%
  • Somsen, Layne

1 3.13%
  • Stephens, Jackson

0 0%
  • Thompson, Cory

0 0%
  • Tromp, Chadwick

1 3.13%
  • Varner, Seth

0 0%
  • Vincej, Zack

0 0%
  • Walden, Marcus

0 0%
  • Washington, Ty

0 0%
  • Weiss, Zack

0 0%
  • Wright, Dan

3 9.38%
  • Wright, Ryan

0 0%

Thread: 2015 Redszone Annual Prospect Poll #33

2015 Redszone Annual Prospect Poll #33

Kivel wins the runoff vote for spot 32. On to spot 33.

I voted Boyles last round but have changed my mind to Magill for the next slot. He's closer to the majors, actually figures to be part of the pen or a possible starter at some point this season, and has had decent success in the minors at much higher levels than Boyles has yet to see. I've been kind of glossing over him all along but he definitely fits here, imo.
    "If this was a court of law, the cross examination would go after the credibility of the witness." Homer Bailey on Latos snarking on the team after his trade

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2015 Redszone Annual Prospect Poll #33

MAGILL

I get that Magill is closer to the majors, but in his time as a Major Leaguer (27.2 innings) he was an abomination (7.13 FIP). His 170+ innings at AAA aren't much better (2013, 4.06 FIP; 2014, 5.58 FIP). Dude can't find the strike zone, walking 5.8 per 9 in AAA and 9.1 per 9 in his limited majors experience.

Provided the coaching staff hasn't identified a fix, he's merely closer to being a sub-replacement reliever for the Reds.

5. Likes:

mace (02-26-2015)

I'm still voting for a catcher with 20+ HR potential. Yes, it's a lot of potential and not a ton of substance at this point, but yeah.

Daniel Wright over Argenis Aldazora. I have a soft spot for pitchers that can throw strikes.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    I get that Magill is closer to the majors, but in his time as a Major Leaguer (27.2 innings) he was an abomination (7.13 FIP). His 170+ innings at AAA aren't much better (2013, 4.06 FIP; 2014, 5.58 FIP). Dude can't find the strike zone, walking 5.8 per 9 in AAA and 9.1 per 9 in his limited majors experience.

Provided the coaching staff hasn't identified a fix, he's merely closer to being a sub-replacement reliever for the Reds.
    Agreed. If I wanted to go with a plate-misser, I think I'd take Guillon, who's left-handed, two years younger, and improving.

And speaking of left-handers . . . My man Constante, not yet 21, has a 10.8 career K/9, and a 2.89 ERA.
    Last edited by mace; 02-26-2015 at 04:12 PM.

Guillon. I think we've dropped him too far based on his somehow not living up to our too high expectations (despite fantastic numbers last year at Dayton). Same could be said for Ortiz and, I think, for Franklin.

10. Likes:

BillDoran (02-26-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Guillon. I think we've dropped him too far based on his somehow not living up to our too high expectations (despite fantastic numbers last year at Dayton). Same could be said for Ortiz and, I think, for Franklin.
    Franklin's been so consistently terrible so far I have no expectations for him. Still young, so maybe he improves, but latent power and nothing else doesn't strike me as worth a vote.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

12. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-26-2015)

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Based on the reasoning for voting Magill, I expect to see some votes for Wilmer Font and Jose De La Torre.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Based on the reasoning for voting Magill, I expect to see some votes for Wilmer Font and Jose De La Torre.
    Yeah I am not going to vote for Magill just because he got an emergency callup with the Dodgers a couple years ago. His numbers are simply awful. He is 25 years old and is closer to being unemployed than a part of a big league team.

15. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-26-2015)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Now that Kivel is finally off the board, I am going with Guillon. He finally impressed in Dayton last year in 12 starts before taking yet another step back in the California League. I think Guillon should see more success this year and still has considerable upside.

I like McGill, but I went Guillon instead because he still has a chance (however remote) to be a big league starter.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    We're now voting on a field of guys who'll be phys ed teachers in five years.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

18. Likes:

BillDoran (02-27-2015),Tom Servo (02-27-2015)

Turn Off Ads?