Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Reds outright Sam LeCure to Louisville?

Re: Reds outright Sam LeCure to Louisville?

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    I predict RedsZone will run Gregg outta town by June 1
    Why is it going to take us so long? Let's run him outta town by April 10.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Always Red (04-05-2015),Tom Servo (04-05-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I don't think Conteras is ready yet. He has promise, but I wouldn't bump Gregg off the roster for him.
    If Conteras pitches really well in the minors, he'll force the Reds hand to call him up.
    Much better to wait and see on this.

The only question this season is whether Gregg or Marquis is going to be the biggest whipping boy of the season.
    (Cozart and the bench guys will be relieved to get a break this year, they are usually targeted lol)
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

It's just weird that we have guys like Gregg and Marquis on the roster now by choice when we have actual options now. At least when Josh Fogg and Mike Lincoln were Reds, it was because there wasn't really anyone else to pick from. Now we have players just as good but also with upside, but we decided we actually preferred Marquis-Fogg and Gregg-Lincoln this time.

6. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-05-2015)

Fay tweeted LeCure was throwing his fastball at 85 in Louisville in his first outing. Ouch. Looks like the party is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    It's just weird that we have guys like Gregg and Marquis on the roster now by choice when we have actual options now. At least when Josh Fogg and Mike Lincoln were Reds, it was because there wasn't really anyone else to pick from. Now we have players just as good but also with upside, but we decided we actually preferred Marquis-Fogg and Gregg-Lincoln this time.
    To be fair, Lincoln earned his spot in the pen as a reclamation project and earned that contract with a great season.
    I wish he had stayed healthy. I'm biased though, he was a fantastic guy.

I get your overall point, though.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    Fay tweeted LeCure was throwing his fastball at 85 in Louisville in his first outing. Ouch. Looks like the party is over.
    Damn shame. Sam is one of the more likable Reds players of the last 10-15 years. I don't think I've ever talked to anyone who didn't like him.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    I'd still choose LeCure over 40-man survivors Holmberg and Villarreal to throw 50 more effective MLB innings.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

LeCure got lit up again tonight. 5ER in 1 inning of work. He got through an inning without a run. Came out for a second and got shelled, three straight singles, a walk and a triple. A sac fly brought in a run after he left the game. His ERA sits at 6.54 right now.

Omg dougdirt I was feeling so good from the win tonight. That is just so depressing to hear, hero to zero.

From what I can tell (minor league updates) he will be top drawer one outin then total garbage the next. I absolutely love Sam but we cannot afford this in the big leagues, although he probaby deserves amongst those that have started for the reds this season

What if they turn him into a starter again? Will he do better?

Honestly wonder if the Reds will even let keep him in the organization the remainder of this season.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by PXShaman View Post
    What if they turn him into a starter again? Will he do better?
    His fastball velocity I've read is in the 85-87mph range. I don't think that's going to get it done. Not in L'ville, and certainly not in MLB.

Sam had a few years in the sun and made some money. More than most can say.

He's toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Honestly wonder if the Reds will even let keep him in the organization the remainder of this season.
    It will be out of respect more then anything if they do.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?