Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Minor-League Player of the Day (2015)

Minor-League Player of the Day (2015)

I'm wavering on whether to continue the thread for the current season. I enjoy it to an extent, but the daily grind can become a burden--especially in the second half of the season, when the rookie teams are all involved and playing late at night.

At the moment, my schedule has loosened a bit and the early weeks should not be too difficult. But it's hard to say when that will change, and the season gets very long. I guess the bottom line is that I'll go ahead with it if a few folks are willing to assume certain days.

To that end, there were some excellent and much-appreciated contributions last year. But here's the thing. If somebody agrees to take a day of the week, I have to be able to count on him or her for that day's report. And it should be submitted by noon (preferably earlier). If afternoon arrives and there is no update, I have to become involved either wondering, making contact, or taking over the duties when my schedule hasn't been constructed that way that day.

So, if three or four people wish to be involved on that basis, great. If not, we'll just move on.

For starters, I could take Mondays and Wednesdays (that is, the games from Sundays and Tuesdays).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Minor-League Player of the Day (2015)

I don't have a consistent enough schedule to say I could take ____day, but when I log on and notice it hasn't been done yet, I'm willing to step in for that evening.

I love it, but can't really commit to helping. I hope enough guys are available to pitch in. This is a highlight IMO and Mace should be enshrined for doing it. I say we rename the forum after him. #serious about that.

No slight intended on the contributions of Doug and others who teach me so much, but this feature seems like the most work of all.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

5. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (04-07-2015)

Please keep it going.... From here till mid September this will be one of the first things I check everyday.

7. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (04-07-2015),Old school 1983 (04-07-2015)

I loved the thread last year and hope to see it again this year.

9. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-07-2015)

I'll take Sundays (Saturday games) like last year, but will be traveling this weekend and won't be able to start until the 18th.

11. Likes:

mace (04-07-2015)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    I'll take Sundays (Saturday games) like last year, but will be traveling this weekend and won't be able to start until the 18th.
    Slacker.

I have been told by each of my four ex-wives that I have commitment issues. I don't mind doing things until I HAVE to do them, they say. Four ex-wives can't all be wrong, can they? This begs the question: If they all saw that I had commitment issues, then why did they marry me in the first place? There are not enough counseling sessions in the world to answer that one.

Somehow this relates to the MiLPOTD.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I have been told by each of my four ex-wives that I have commitment issues. I don't mind doing things until I HAVE to do them, they say. Four ex-wives can't all be wrong, can they? This begs the question: If they all saw that I had commitment issues, then why did they marry me in the first place? There are not enough counseling sessions in the world to answer that one.

Counseling sessions? I've got the answer right here: Women think they can change the way men behave. They knew you had commitment issues but thought they could change you.

That took me about one minute. At $175 an hour, you owe me $3ish.

15. Likes:

texasdave (04-07-2015)

In the interest of keeping this thread alive this year, I'm willing to take Tuesdays (games on Monday). I can't promise you the wit and the knowledge that the board is accustomed to in this thread, but I can summarize a few box scores once a week for the good of the group.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

17. Likes:

mace (04-07-2015)

Just a quick bit of feedback...the Player of the Day thread is my favorite feature on RedsZone. I read it every day. Thanks to those who put in the time to compile the info.

19. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post

Well you got married 4 times which seems to imply you can commit to some things. Getting married certainly means you are taking some sort of step of commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Well you got married 4 times which seems to imply you can commit to some things. Getting married certainly means you are taking some sort of step of commitment.
    Don't poach my clients. You've been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Counseling sessions? I've got the answer right here: Women think they can change the way men behave. They knew you had commitment issues but thought they could change you.

That took me about one minute. At $175 an hour, you owe me $3ish.
    I charge $5 for the first 5 minutes and then absolutely nothing after that. ... I can absolutely guarantee our session won't take the full 5 minutes."

4 ex wives?

that's like stepping on a mouse trap then seeing if it hurts just as much three more times.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?