Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: UK - Time to get 9 [2015-2016]

Re: UK - Time to get 9 [2015-2016]

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I saw Portis, I didnt see Qualls.

As it stands right now.....how do you UK/SEC boys see how the conference will shake out next year?
    Weak, but no weaker than usual.

LSU will be the top threat to Kentucky, especially if Bennie Simmons is as good as advertised. I'm really curious to see if Malik Newman goes to Mississippi State, with Howland coaching him. Also watching to see if Donovan goes to the NBA as rumored. Florida could come crashing down if that happens
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I saw Portis, I didnt see Qualls.

As it stands right now.....how do you UK/SEC boys see how the conference will shake out next year?
    http://www.anchorofgold.com/2015/4/1...ankings-part-1

This is a pretty fair break down. Still lots to be determined, however.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Just thought I would pass this sad news along. Mike Phillips died Saturday apparently from a fall at his home.
    Phillips is the first one from the 78 team to pass away. Very sad circumstances. Sounds like it was just a freak accident. Phillips was part of the original Twin Towers at UK. He teamed inisde with Robey for four seasons that eventually lead to the 78 championship. Phillips was always a steady and consistent player. You could count on 10 to 12 points a game to go along with 6 or 8 rebounds. He was a key contributor from the beginning of his freshman season right until lthe end of his career. As noted in that article he was the one Hall didn't bench in the famous Florida State game in the 78 NCAA's. I don't think he benched Macy either but I would have to check that. He also played a lot of minutes on the 76 team that eventually won the NIT. Robey was hurt mid way through the season and Phillips had to play a lot more. That may have lead to his being an even better player. It's really sad to see players you basically grew up with to pass away. It just brings mortality that much closer to you. RIP Mike Phillips. Thanks for all the good memories and times you gave me.

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/04/26/3...twin.html?rh=1
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Remember him well. Helluva a ball player. RIP Mike.

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-01-2015)

UK got a sharpshooter yesterday in JuCo Mychal Mulder but lost a bigger prize in Cheik Diallo to Kansas. This on top of losing out on Malik Newman and Brandon Ingraham earlier this week.

Jaylen Brown and Jamal Murray are the best hope of locking up the top recruiting class but it's not looking very promising.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    UK got a sharpshooter yesterday in JuCo Mychal Mulder but lost a bigger prize in Cheik Diallo to Kansas. This on top of losing out on Malik Newman and Brandon Ingraham earlier this week.

Jaylen Brown and Jamal Murray are the best hope of locking up the top recruiting class but it's not looking very promising.
    Not looking good for either of those two. Brown is starting look like a lock for Michigan. Murray hasn't decided if he will reclassify or not and won't commit to even visit UK. Looks like who they have now will be the 2015-16 version of UK basketball.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Not looking good for either of those two. Brown is starting look like a lock for Michigan. Murray hasn't decided if he will reclassify or not and won't commit to even visit UK. Looks like who they have now will be the 2015-16 version of UK basketball.
    Are there any graduate transfers out there that UK might be interested in?

Looks like Billy Donovan is headed to the NBA. I've never been a fan of his teams but the SEC is losing one of its best.

I wonder who will replace him in Gainesville. Florida is definitely a more attractive job than when Donovan inherited it, but the ODome is going to need some work.

Are there any graduate transfers out there that UK might be interested in?
    There was one from UNCC that had some interest but he eventually signed with Illinois. I don't know know of any other graduate transfers. I did read some more positive news on Jaylen Brown. So there is still a chance with him.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Looks like Billy Donovan is headed to the NBA. I've never been a fan of his teams but the SEC is losing one of its best.

I wonder who will replace him in Gainesville. Florida is definitely a more attractive job than when Donovan inherited it, but the ODome is going to need some work.
    I'm not sure who Florida could get at this late stage. They do have two former head coaches on the current staff in Pelphrey and Grant. They may have to turn to one of them.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I'm not sure who Florida could get at this late stage. They do have two former head coaches on the current staff in Pelphrey and Grant. They may have to turn to one of them.
    It may be on an interim deal then. Neither are long term options, and it will be an attractive job.

Think Gregg Marshall would take it?

It may be on an interim deal then. Neither are long term options, and it will be an attractive job.

Think Gregg Marshall would take it?
    Someone on Twitter was mentioning Archie Miller, Richard Pitino and the xavier coach,can't remember his name, as possibilities. Grant and Pelphrey were also mentioned as fall back choices.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Someone on Twitter was mentioning Archie Miller, Richard Pitino and the xavier coach,can't remember his name, as possibilities. Grant and Pelphrey were also mentioned as fall back choices.
    That be Chris Mack at Xavier.

Aside from those three you mentioned. I have heard Jamie Dixon(Pitt), Mike White(La. Tech), and even Jeff Capel.

There was one from UNCC that had some interest but he eventually signed with Illinois. I don't know know of any other graduate transfers. I did read some more positive news on Jaylen Brown. So there is still a chance with him.
    Brown to Cal.

Kentucky has gotten nothing compared to last year. Not saying it'll be a bad year or a long season, but just that it will be decidedly different in feel than it did this season.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?