Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kyle Lohse

Re: Kyle Lohse

With the second wild card the Reds could be near .500 and still be 'in it', they won't make any moves with Cueto or Leake unless they collapse.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    With the second wild card the Reds could be near .500 and still be 'in it', they won't make any moves with Cueto or Leake unless they collapse.
    That's probably the point where the Reds have to make a judgment call. Are the chances so slim of winning the next few years that they need to go for it this year, or is a chance at a one year run less important than the next 3-5? Imo if we are chasing a second wildcard, Id let it go. I don't want the perhaps the future of the next 3-5 year resting on one game. If there's a legitimate chance at the division I'm ok with going for it.

We're currently 4th in MLB in Starters ERA.

Our problem isn't SP nor will it be IMO. I doubt we'll stay as high as 4th but we'll never fall out of the top 15.

5. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    We're currently 4th in MLB in Starters ERA.

Our problem isn't SP nor will it be IMO. I doubt we'll stay as high as 4th but we'll never fall out of the top 15.
    Agreed, Gack. Definitely not the current problem. Only rub to the "nor will it be" for me is that we are relying quite a bit on young arms and a retread like Marquis to measurably eat up innings. Depending on where the usage goes from here, just worried about guys like Disco hitting a major wall during the second half of the season. So could definitely see the value is someone reliably taking up a lot of innings with a 3.5-4.0ish ERA. But to your point, there are teams in better position to spend that could use a guy like Lohse even more.

I've already watch Lohse pitch in a Reds uniform and never want to see that again.

Turn Off Ads?