Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Having problems with posting

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Having problems with posting

My screen just scrolled all the way to the bottom while trying to make a post.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Tapatalk still doesn't work for me, can't refresh or drill down to the submenus.

They had an update themselves yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Tapatalk still doesn't work for me, can't refresh or drill down to the submenus.

They had an update themselves yesterday
    It's working for me, but I don't use the latest client version (I much prefer the Classic version). Tapatalk is enabled on the server side, and it should be up-to-date. I assume the update is for the client, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    It's working for me, but I don't use the latest client version (I much prefer the Classic version). Tapatalk is enabled on the server side, and it should be up-to-date. I assume the update is for the client, right?
    Working now

6. Likes:

Boss-Hog (06-26-2015)

Here is what vBulletin said about the duplicate posting - I'm hoping it was due to a temporary server hiccup that night:

"This is an issue in 4.2.1 and higher caused by the automatic merging of double posts. Sometimes if a user's machine doesn't get the AJAX response back immediately, then the system submits the post over HTTP and it is double posting. If it happens frequently, you should turn off the automatic merge functionality. However users may get an error stating they are submitting posts to fast."

I'm not going to turn off the functionality unless it continues, as it could lead to the error that was mentioned. Please keep me posted if you continue to see this moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    My screen just scrolled all the way to the bottom while trying to make a post.
    This happens to me when certain ads come on. Happens when just reading as well. The Maytag ads cause it every time. I also seem to have issues typing in Redszone. Many times I'll need to hit a key three or four times before it shows on my screen. Only happens on Redszone.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Aside from any potential issue(s) with ads, all problems should be resolved. Please let me know ASAP if you encounter any additional issues (related or unrelated to ads).

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Literally 2 minutes ago I had PHP errors and the site wouldn't load. Happened again when I reloaded. Third time was a charm.

Given the timing of your post though, I'm betting you were in the middle of a fix for something and I just showed up at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Literally 2 minutes ago I had PHP errors and the site wouldn't load. Happened again when I reloaded. Third time was a charm.

Given the timing of your post though, I'm betting you were in the middle of a fix for something and I just showed up at the wrong time.
    You are correct

12. Likes:

dougdirt (06-30-2015)

Had the same two issues this morning as mth mentioned above. Difficulty typing (though not as I do this) and the screen scrolling to bottom repeatedly. Have these both frequently.

14. Likes:

mth123 (07-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Had the same two issues this morning as mth mentioned above. Difficulty typing (though not as I do this) and the screen scrolling to bottom repeatedly. Have these both frequently.
    I still have those as well.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I still have those as well.
    I believe this is an advertisement problem. I have had people tell me of the same issue at my website - and I've yet to pin down exactly what it is that's causing it, unfortunately.

17. Likes:

Boss-Hog (07-04-2015)

I believe this is an advertisement problem. I have had people tell me of the same issue at my website - and I've yet to pin down exactly what it is that's causing it, unfortunately.
    I've been having issues again since last night with my cursor being dragged to the bottom of the page. Seems to be ad-related (maybe just certain ads, but not sure). Really frustrating when trying to read a post and even moreso when trying to post a reply. Happens about 2/3's of the time. I've tried on Chrome & IE. TIA
    Last edited by corkedbat; 07-03-2015 at 11:27 PM.

Do they have typing difficulty there as well? That is worse than the ad/scrolling problem. Sometimes a post can take a half an hour for a sentence or two.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    This happens to me when certain ads come on. Happens when just reading as well. The Maytag ads cause it every time. I also seem to have issues typing in Redszone. Many times I'll need to hit a key three or four times before it shows on my screen. Only happens on Redszone.
    I will keep a better eye on the ads. Still scrolling down to the bottom of the screen and wont let me back up. No problems with typing on my end.

Turn Off Ads?