Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: whats your best or most prized piece of Cincy memorabilia?

whats your best or most prized piece of Cincy memorabilia?

inspired by a new purchase.....i have some autographed jerseys displayed, etc...but now i'm looking foward to the arrival of a set of 5 blue seats from Riverfront.....all the mounting hardware etc....hopefully they'll even smell of Hudepohl

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Re: whats your best or most prized piece of Cincy memorabilia?

I have a framed copy of Harper's Weekly that has a picture of the Cincinnati Red Stockings team circa 1870 -- forget the exact date right now ---

most prized though -- Yankees hater here but my 1938 Yankees team ball is pretty special to me since it was Gehrig's last full year -- I used to have a 1908 Cubs World Series program, schedule, yearbook & team postcard -- but I sold them for a price I could not refuse
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-06-2015),GADawg (07-05-2015),redsmetz (07-05-2015)

I have a Johnny Vander Meer autograph baseball that has the dates he pitched his no-hitters written below by him.
    Last edited by redsmetz; 07-06-2015 at 05:38 AM.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

6. Likes:

Always Red (07-05-2015),Driver62 (07-06-2015),GADawg (07-05-2015)

I have a Sean Casey bobble head that has the head super glued back on.

Otherwise it's probably the 1975 pocket schedule from First National Bank.
    Go Gators!

8. Likes:

GADawg (07-05-2015),kbrake (07-05-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I have a Sean Casey bobble head that has the head super glued back on.

Otherwise it's probably the 1975 pocket schedule from First National Bank.
    reminds me....i'm 48 but my wife is 37 and she was born in Dec. '77.....i was going through some stuff and found a ticket stub from May of '77 where i had gone to a game with my parents....i had to show it to my wife and point out what her parents were doing while I was at that game

10. Likes:

cincinnati chili (07-05-2015),George Anderson (07-05-2015),KronoRed (07-05-2015),redsmetz (07-05-2015)

Game caught ball. My dad gave it to our neighbor Jack Billingham, who took the rest of the season to get every BRM player to sign it during the '76 season. Johnny Bench was the biggest hold out.
    Last edited by SunDeck; 07-05-2015 at 06:08 PM.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

12. Likes:

GADawg (07-05-2015),Ironman92 (07-05-2015),Red Raindog (07-05-2015),redsmetz (07-05-2015)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

My ticket stub from the game on Sept 11, 1985. Top row of the red seats, but I was there to see Pete break Cobb's record. Great memory to this day.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

14. Likes:

GADawg (07-05-2015)

Pete Rose cards from the mid-late 60's. Wheaties Box of 1990 Championship,, uncut sheet of 1990 players baseball cards, 1975 and 1976 Pepsi bottles of World Series champions

and a 1983 Fleer Dann Billardello card

I have a Dave Concepcion rookie baseball card, signed by the great one himself.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and [the St. Louis Cardinals]."--Benjamin Disraeli

In June 2013, I got a wild hair and tried collecting autographed baseball cards of the entire 1990 team: the opening day starting nine, key bench guys, relievers, “cup-of-coffee” guys, guys who were traded away mid-season, coaches — even television and radio broadcasters. 50 people all together. I finished the collection about 6 months later. (To be fair, I had several on-hand already, but I decided to fill in the gaps.) I even wrote a letter to the elusive Billy Bates and was shocked when he replied.

Glad I did it. Monetarily, it might not be worth much, but for me it's priceless.

18. Likes:

Johnny Footstool (07-06-2015),KronoRed (07-05-2015),RedFanT (07-05-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    reminds me....i'm 48 but my wife is 37 and she was born in Dec. '77.....i was going through some stuff and found a ticket stub from May of '77 where i had gone to a game with my parents....i had to show it to my wife and point out what her parents were doing while I was at that game
    Cute, but it's either math or biology that isn't your strong suit. I have a December birthday. March is the month.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

20. Likes:

dougdirt (07-05-2015),KittyDuran (07-05-2015)

I have this clock that looks like the scoreboard in Crosley and shows what it looked like at the end of the game. The clock is kinda broken but it looks cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

22. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-06-2015),GADawg (07-05-2015),redsmetz (07-06-2015)

Yesterday I came across a bunch of ticket stubs from games I went to with my grandpa. Memories of those days came rushing back and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

24. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-06-2015),Red Raindog (07-05-2015),redsmetz (07-05-2015),SunDeck (07-05-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Cute, but it's either math or biology that isn't your strong suit. I have a December birthday. March is the month.
    Yep but you get the point.....grossed her out either way

I have a 1975 Reds World Champions Pepsi bottle, unopened.
    I have a 1969 Reds scorecard signed by Rose, Bench and Perez, among others, at a game I attended.
    I have two Pete Rose Louisville Slugger bats from the mid-1970s. I used both of them in games until one bat was cracked, at which point I "retired" them both from game play.
    I have Reds yearbooks from 1967 though 1986.
    I have Topps baseball cards from around 1966 through about 1971 of various Reds, including Rose, Bench, Perez, May, Maloney, Gullett, Concepcion, Nolan, et al, along with a few since that era.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

27. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-06-2015),RedFanT (07-06-2015)

Turn Off Ads?