Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Omar Sharif, R.I.P.

Omar Sharif, R.I.P.

It has been reported that Omar Sharif has died from a heart attack at age 83.
    He was perhaps most famous for his role as Yuri Zhivago in the 1965 film "Dr. Zhivago." In that film his character ultimately died of a heart attack.
    R.I.P.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Omar Sharif, R.I.P.

I always find the lives of those who have lived on several continents extremely interesting.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Maybe the greatest introduction in the history of movies. We are all squinting at this little speck on the horizon... and that speck becomes a man.... and that man is Omar! And then this:

Sherif Ali: [Ali shots Tafas dead while riding his camel. He stops his camel and jumps down to see Tafas' body] He is dead.

T.E. Lawrence: yes... why?

Sherif Ali: this is my well.

[mentioning the well Lawrence and Tafas just used for resting]

T.E. Lawrence: I have drunk from it.

Sherif Ali: You are welcome.

T.E. Lawrence: He was my friend.

Sherif Ali: That?

[mentioning Tafas]

T.E. Lawrence: Yes, that.

Sherif Ali: [Ali walks towards peter and grabs tafas' gun lying on the sand] This pistol yours?

T.E. Lawrence: No, his.

Sherif Ali: [Ali places the pistol to his waist and walks towards the well] His?

[mentioning the tincup near the well]

T.E. Lawrence: Mine.

Sherif Ali: then i will use it.

[pulls some water out of well]

Sherif Ali: ... your friend... was a Hazimi of the Beni Salem.

T.E. Lawrence: I know.

Sherif Ali: [Ali salutes Lawrence and drinks his water] I am Ali ibn el Kharish.

T.E. Lawrence: I have heard of you.

Sherif Ali: So... What was a Hazimi doing here?

T.E. Lawrence: He was taking me to help Prince Feisal.

Sherif Ali: You've been sent from Cairo?

T.E. Lawrence: Yes.

Sherif Ali: I have been in Cairo for my schooling. I can both read and write... my Lord Feisal already has an Englishman.

T.E. Lawrence: Yes.

Sherif Ali: What is your name?

T.E. Lawrence: My name is for my friend.

[Ali walks away]

T.E. Lawrence: None of my friends is a murderer.

Sherif Ali: You are angry, English.

[Ali climbs his camel]

Sherif Ali: He was nothing. The well is everything... The Hazimi may not drink at our wells. He knew that... Salaam.

Is he more famous for his movies or his tips at playing Bridge? His name was in the paper on a daily basis going over moves in the game of bridge for a long, long time. I'm still lost in how to play that game

7. Likes:

KittyDuran (07-13-2015)

Turn Off Ads?