Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: Cards at Reds for the sweep

  1. #31
    Member NebraskaRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,648

    Re: Cards at Reds for the sweep

    Based on the Cardinals' announcer's voice, they just won the world series.

  2. Likes:

    757690 (09-13-2015)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #32
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,563

    Re: Cards at Reds for the sweep

    IMO they are indeed still stretching him out. I'm guessing they're probably shooting for around 120-130 innings or so.

  5. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    26,577

    Re: Cards at Reds for the sweep

    Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    IMO they are indeed still stretching him out. I'm guessing they're probably shooting for around 120-130 innings or so.
    Stretching out usually means going deeper in games. Iglesias has already pitched 7 innings several times IIRC, they aren't using him deeper.

    As for the overall innings, as a reliever who didn't pitch last year, this seems adequate to me. He's laboring more in the middle innings now.

    Need to baby these arms a little. Use Josh Smith to start some games.

  6. #34
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,563

    Re: Cards at Reds for the sweep

    Sam not throwing strikes. Not a good plan.

    Gone. 4-2 cards. Now Jay with a double.

  7. #35
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    31,923

    Re: Cards at Reds for the sweep

    Oh well, the sweep wasn't meant to be.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

  8. #36
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    31,923

    Re: Cards at Reds for the sweep

    I tend to err on the side of caution, but Iglesias is such a weird case that I don't really feel comfortable hazarding a guess as to what his innings limit should be. I think he's close to getting shut down, but I don't blame the Reds for wanting to let him pitch quite a bit this year to get him ready for a full season workload next year.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

  9. #37
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,563

    Re: Cards at Reds for the sweep

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Stretching out usually means going deeper in games. Iglesias has already pitched 7 innings several times IIRC, they aren't using him deeper.

    As for the overall innings, as a reliever who didn't pitch last year, this seems adequate to me. He's laboring more in the middle innings now.

    Need to baby these arms a little. Use Josh Smith to start some games.
    Ideally it would mean going deep in games. But I'm talking about his seasonal innings workload and # of pitches thrown. And he went only 5 innings and didn't reach 90 pitches. I've got confidence that the Reds know what they're doing regarding handling these pitchers' workloads. At least a heck of alot better than I sure do. But I get your point. Err on the side of caution. They seem to be doing that IMO.

  10. #38
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    23,814

    Re: Cards at Reds for the sweep

    Way off subject, but when did MLB become the NBA in terms of tattoos?
    Were going to get the pitching. -Bob Castellini
    You got the pitching, now what? - Reds fans

  11. #39
    Haunted by walks
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Syracuse
    Posts
    8,859

    Re: Cards at Reds for the sweep

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Way off subject, but when did MLB become the NBA in terms of tattoos?
    I think it goes

    Yadier Molina > Josh Hamilton > Mat Latos > Lots of guys

  12. Likes:

    757690 (09-13-2015)

  13. #40
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,903

    Re: Cards at Reds for the sweep

    Adam Duvall passing the responsibility to Tucker

  14. #41
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,903

    Re: Cards at Reds for the sweep

    Side note: the Cardinals 6-8 hitters have a total of 11 letters in their last names. I assume this is a MLB for letter thriftiness by 3 consecutive hitters.
    Last edited by klw; 09-13-2015 at 03:29 PM.

  15. #42
    Member DannyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    816

    Re: Cards at Reds for the sweep

    Hope this is not a preview of next year.

  16. #43
    Knowledge Is Good Big Klu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    28,045

    Re: Cards at Reds for the sweep

    Updated Reds HR list (players in italics are active):

    Reds 100-Home Run Club
    1. Johnny Bench - 389
    2. Frank Robinson - 324
    3. Tony Perez - 287
    4. Adam Dunn - 270
    5. Ted Kluszewski - 251
    6. George Foster - 244
    7. Ken Griffey, Jr. - 210
    8. Eric Davis - 203
    9. Jay Bruce - 202
    10. Barry Larkin - 198
    11. Joey Votto - 190
    12. Vada Pinson - 186
    13. Brandon Phillips - 180
    14. Wally Post - 172
    15. Gus Bell - 160
    16. Joe Morgan - 152
    16. Pete Rose - 152
    18. Lee May - 147
    19. Dan Driessen - 133
    20. Reggie Sanders - 125
    21. Ernie Lombardi - 120
    22. Sean Casey - 118
    23. Frank McCormick - 110
    24. Dave Parker - 107
    25. Todd Frazier - 106
    26. Chris Sabo - 104
    27. Dave Concepcion - 101
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

  17. Likes:

    cumberlandreds (09-14-2015),reds1869 (09-13-2015),Tom Servo (09-13-2015)

  18. #44
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,563

    Re: Cards at Reds for the sweep

    Game result sucked...but I'll never get upset about taking 3 of 4 from the Cardinals.

  19. Likes:

    cumberlandreds (09-14-2015),WVRedsFan (09-13-2015)

  20. #45
    Member WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    10,315

    Re: Cards at Reds for the sweep

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Updated Reds HR list (players in italics are active):

    Reds 100-Home Run Club
    1. Johnny Bench - 389
    2. Frank Robinson - 324
    3. Tony Perez - 287
    4. Adam Dunn - 270
    5. Ted Kluszewski - 251
    6. George Foster - 244
    7. Ken Griffey, Jr. - 210
    8. Eric Davis - 203
    9. Jay Bruce - 202
    10. Barry Larkin - 198
    11. Joey Votto - 190
    12. Vada Pinson - 186
    13. Brandon Phillips - 180
    14. Wally Post - 172
    15. Gus Bell - 160
    16. Joe Morgan - 152
    16. Pete Rose - 152
    18. Lee May - 147
    19. Dan Driessen - 133
    20. Reggie Sanders - 125
    21. Ernie Lombardi - 120
    22. Sean Casey - 118
    23. Frank McCormick - 110
    24. Dave Parker - 107
    25. Todd Frazier - 106
    26. Chris Sabo - 104
    27. Dave Concepcion - 101
    Any bets on whether Todd will bypass Frank McCormick this year? I say he does.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator