Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Tues 9.15.15 Reds @ Giants

Re: Tues 9.15.15 Reds @ Giants

Oh Gawd. Kelch brings up Heisey. Why?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

JJ wasn't even close.

And then he throws a wild pitch. Trade him
    Last edited by WVRedsFan; 09-16-2015 at 01:15 AM.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

JJ can't to the job after the Byrd walk and the tying runs comes to the plate--on come Chappy to try to get the third out. Welch thinks he hasn't had enough time to warm up. Drama in San Fran. Let's see what happens (he said, talking to no one).
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Chapman walks pitcher Bumgardner. Bases loaded and two outs.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    JJ can't to the job after the Byrd walk and the tying runs comes to the plate--on come Chappy to try to get the third out. Welch thinks he hasn't had enough time to warm up. Drama in San Fran. Let's see what happens (he said, talking to no one).
    I'm listening and appreciate the play by play and commentary
    “We’re going to get the pitching.” -Bob Castellini
    “You got the pitching, now what?” - Reds fans

Chapman play around to 18 pitches. Hit a batter and now it's 8-6. Chapman needs to throw strikes instead of playing around. Too many pitches to get people fishing. I feel like this is the fault of Chapman. Instead of throwing strikes and blowing them away, he simply tries to do things that patience hitters won't tolerate. I fear the worst
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Struck him out and now it's 8-6 going to the ninth. Really Hoover was the problem that inning. Trouble is that guys with great stuff including Hoover and Chapman refuse to throw strikes. Three walks and a run results in that.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Jay Grounds out. Votto up. No hits tonight. Joey goes 0-2 looking. Kelch keep talking about the Dodger game. Who cares? Joey gounds out to second. Two out with Phillips up. Phillips goes 0-2 for the third out. Kelch continues to talk in that monotone about Chapman and Welch just stays quiet. Hurts my ears. Brandon strikes out. 8-6 going into the bottom of the ninth.
    Last edited by WVRedsFan; 09-16-2015 at 01:41 AM.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Chapman allows a double down the line from Pagan. This is a cluster. Tomlinson up. Chapman continues to miss the strike zone. Still no outs. Tomlinson grounds out. One out. Duffy up. Price comes out to talk to Chappy with the trainer. Welch sees Chappy back on the mound in a funny way. They head back to the dugout. Tying run at the plate. Chapman continues to throw only breaking balls. Frazier throws the ball away after saving a hit and the run from second scores so it's 8-7 with a runner now at second.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Something is wrong with Chapman. He's wild, not throwing nearly has hard as he usually does, and throwing mostly off speed stuff.

I'm guessing he wasn't warmed up fully when he came in in the 8th.
    “We’re going to get the pitching.” -Bob Castellini
    “You got the pitching, now what?” - Reds fans

Posey singles to bring in the tying run. I'm through. It's 8-8. I give up. No more pbp. Just so stupid. I almost hope Byrd gets a hit to win the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Something is wrong with Chapman. He's wild, not throwing nearly has hard as he usually does, and throwing mostly off speed stuff.
    Lack of use. Stupid Price.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

OMG THIS IS ALL PRICE FAULT. He finally does two innings of Chapman and it fails. Chapman is a one inning pitcher. This is all Price's fault. Everything is his fault. Fire Price, he does everything wrong. I don't care if he does what we say he should, he is wrong for listening to us. Fire him, he shouldn't be listening to us.

This game, this season demands Xtra's tonight!

The good news is that it's not yet 11pm at the bar here in San Fran where I plan to watch the rest of the game. I know you guys back east aren't as fortunate.

We go to extras. How many times has this happened? So many. Leave one pitcher or another in too long. Bring in another who can't hold the lead or diminish it, bring in your closer who hasn't pitched in five days and expect him to deliver. It's a cluster and it's been constant for two years night after night. I've really had it. If there are no changes this off season, I have to assume that people are satisfied and I won't have any part of that,
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?