Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 78

Thread: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

  1. #1
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    1,063

    2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

    So, the first preseason poll just came out the other day, and surprisingly (to me, at least), Dayton only received 1 vote! Davidson, 5.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The Mythological Land of Dayton, OH
    Posts
    492

    Re: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

    No Dyshawn Pierre makes Dayton a much less dangerous team.

    If Pierre is brought back for conference play, the Flyers should be back to A-10 favorites and a top-30-ish team... but given the current situation, that's 50/50, at best. For at least 10 games, UD is without Pierre, and it's no surprise that there's no so much faith in the Flyers. He's the difference (IMO) between an NCAA bid (an at-large, even if they miss out on the auto-bid) and the NIT.

  4. #3
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    1,063

    Re: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

    Well, CBS has them ranked 35th of 351 teams, even with the suspension of Pierre. Much less dangerous, though? I don't know about that. We have a lot more options this year, with Cooke, McElvene eligible now, and the incoming crop of freshman. Oh, and some guy named Pollard.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

  5. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (11-28-2015)

  6. #4
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

    I wouldnt worry about where they got them ranked right now. I laughed when I saw CBS had Wisconsin at #17.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  7. #5
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    1,063

    Re: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

    dis gon b gud
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

  8. Likes:

    BillDoran (11-17-2015),RedTeamGo! (11-17-2015)

  9. #6
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    1,063

    Re: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

    Monmouth!!
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

  10. #7
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Monmouth!!
    They are pretty damn good. Big win for the Flyers today. Best of luck.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  11. #8
    Member jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Troy, OH
    Posts
    2,721

    Re: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Monmouth!!
    I really wanted Notre Dame, but Monmouth should not be taken lightly.

  12. #9
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    7,883

    Re: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

    Quote Originally Posted by FlightRick View Post
    No Dyshawn Pierre makes Dayton a much less dangerous team.

    If Pierre is brought back for conference play, the Flyers should be back to A-10 favorites and a top-30-ish team... but given the current situation, that's 50/50, at best. For at least 10 games, UD is without Pierre, and it's no surprise that there's no so much faith in the Flyers. He's the difference (IMO) between an NCAA bid (an at-large, even if they miss out on the auto-bid) and the NIT.
    I disagree. I think Cook is just as good as Pierre, if not better.

    Pollard and Kyle Davis appear to have taken another step in the right direction and Scoochie Smith has turned into the best PG in the A-10.

    I think we've got a good team on our hands, boys. Tomorrow is a big test against X, but I'm liking what I am seeing.

  13. #10
    Member jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Troy, OH
    Posts
    2,721

    Re: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

    As Clark Kellog would say, they can't duck us now!

  14. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (11-28-2015)

  15. #11
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

    I bet Jim Paxson and Roosevelt Chapman have great big smiles on their faces.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  16. #12
    Yay! dabvu2498's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,675

    Re: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

    Good win for the Flyers. Killed VU on the boards and played some pretty good D.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  17. Likes:

    BillDoran (12-10-2015)

  18. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    832

    Re: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Good win for the Flyers. Killed VU on the boards and played some pretty good D.
    I like that Vandy team a lot. I think they'll be a tough match up later in the season. Baldwin, Jones and Kornet, once he's healthy, make a solid foundation.

    Toward the end of the broadcast, the announcers said UD had won 12 of their last 15 against the SEC. I realize that's largely been against conference bottom feeders, but nonetheless a pretty impressive stat.

  19. #14
    Yay! dabvu2498's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,675

    Re: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

    Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    I like that Vandy team a lot. I think they'll be a tough match up later in the season. Baldwin, Jones and Kornet, once he's healthy, make a solid foundation.

    Toward the end of the broadcast, the announcers said UD had won 12 of their last 15 against the SEC. I realize that's largely been against conference bottom feeders, but nonetheless a pretty impressive stat.
    Vandy has a tremendous amount of scoring ability but they play too slow for my tastes. They're also soft on the boards. As much as I love Josh Henderson as a student-athlete, he has no place in a game like that. And he probably ended up with close to 20 minutes tonight.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  20. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    832

    Re: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Vandy has a tremendous amount of scoring ability but they play too slow for my tastes. They're also soft on the boards. As much as I love Josh Henderson as a student-athlete, he has no place in a game like that. And he probably ended up with close to 20 minutes tonight.
    Yeah, when you're a seven-footer and your primary skill is charge taking, probably in your best interest to polish up the resume. The basketball career is almost over.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | redsfan1995 | The Operator