Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tournament Sweet 16/Elite Eight thread

NCAA Tournament Sweet 16/Elite Eight thread

Looks like Villanova and Oregon are for real.

Kansas and Oklahoma had pretty resounding wins, meaning my "Never bet on the Big 12" is over.

And Grayson Allen added to his reputation by refusing a hug from Dillon Brooks in the handshake line after Brooks took a half court shot with 7 seconds left that went in. Coach K even chided Brooks as well, but I really hope this is the last year Allen is in a Duke uniform.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NCAA Tournament Sweet 16/Elite Eight thread

The Villanova/Kansas game could be a classic. This is a better Villanova team than usual. They have excellent guards and have some size that they didn't have in the past.
    I still haven't seen Oregon play this year. Seems like their games are always too late for me.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Coach K lecturing an opposing player on sportsmanship in the handshake line after a loss is such a Coach K thing to do.

5. Likes:

BlackPete Ibold (03-25-2016),bounty37h (03-25-2016),bucksfan2 (03-25-2016),nmculbreth (03-25-2016)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

It always brings a smile to my face when Duke gets beat.

7. Likes:

bounty37h (03-25-2016),bucksfan2 (03-25-2016),Puffy (03-25-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Coach K lecturing an opposing player on sportsmanship in the handshake line after a loss is such a Coach K thing to do.
    I didn't see the game but from something I read the Oregon player was trying to beat the shot clock when made than half court shot. If that's true then Coach K is just being a snot for no reason.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I didn't see the game but from something I read the Oregon player was trying to beat the shot clock when made than half court shot. If that's true then Coach K is just being a snot for no reason.

Perhaps K should just concentrate on his own team, they sure need "The leader of men" or someone to show them how to act.

And remember fellas, it's spelled dook

10. Likes:

bounty37h (03-25-2016)

How do we know Coach K lectured Brooks? I took that exchange as the player apologizing and Coach K saying it was ok. Seemed cordial to me, honestly, and I hate Duke.

Now, Allen on the other hand was being a snot.

Edit: nevermind, I'm wrong:

Dillon Brooks said Coach K told him in handshake line, "I'm too good of a player to be showing off at the end." Brooks: "He's right."

What is getting lost with all this "end of the game" drama is that Duke plain and simple got their arszs spanked. To be honest, it should have been worse than what it was because of all those phantom calls that Allen seems to get. Geez, it makes me sick.

13. Likes:

bounty37h (03-25-2016),RedTeamGo! (03-25-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    What is getting lost with all this "end of the game" drama is that Duke plain and simple got their arszs spanked. To be honest, it should have been worse than what it was because of all those phantom calls that Allen seems to get. Geez, it makes me sick.
    Allen only shot 7 FTs and Oregon was only called for 17 fouls.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Allen only shot 7 FTs and Oregon was only called for 17 fouls.
    Are you calling me biased? LOL Well, I am when it comes to Duke. Sorry, just being honest.

As a North Carolina fan I root for two things always - - UNC to win and Duke to lose. I don't care if Duke is playing a Ted Cruz and Donald Trump led team, I will always, always root for Duke to lose.

And Brooks fired that shot with less than a second on the shot clock - was he supposed to just dribble it out and take the shot clock violation according to Coach Ratface?
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    As a North Carolina fan I root for two things always - - UNC to win and Duke to lose. I don't care if Duke is playing a Ted Cruz and Donald Trump led team, I will always, always root for Duke to lose.

And Brooks fired that shot with less than a second on the shot clock - was he supposed to just dribble it out and take the shot clock violation according to Coach Ratface?
    I thought it was hilarious, so I don't care, but teams often do just dribble it through the shot clock in that situation. I was surprised Brooks shot the ball, especially since Duke called off their players nd weren't fouling or playing defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    With Allen not shaking hands, that's a pretty ironic thing to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I thought it was hilarious, so I don't care, but teams often do just dribble it through the shot clock in that situation. I was surprised Brooks shot the ball, especially since Duke called off their players nd weren't fouling or playing defense.
    I don't mind it, actually I think you see it fairly often in games. He wasn't driving trying to dunk the ball, the ball had to be shot or their would be a shock clock violation, and he took a near mid court shot. Had he been able to run the clock out completely then I would have felt mixed by the shot.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Ditto on the "funny because it wasn't my team on the wrong end of it" reaction, but yeah... up double-digit points with single-digit seconds remaining in the game, the opponent not fouling or attempting to pressure the ball, and the guy's still standing 40+ feet from the basket after 29 of the 30 seconds, 99% of the time the guy just takes the shot clock violation. When they don't intend to take the shot clock violation, they dribble in closer as the clock runs down and take something resembling a normal shot. I don't think it was necessarily a premeditated bleep-you move, but jacking up a three with a big lead and the defense turned off is always going to rub some people the wrong way.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

21. Likes:

dabvu2498 (03-25-2016)

Turn Off Ads?