Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

Per the mods instructions to start a new thread.

Pleased with the win last night.
    As much as anything it was valuable because a loss would have been SO devastating. Not that losing to Iowa is anything to cry over, but it would have meant IU was facing a 3 game losing streak in East Lansing, and an absolute MUST WIN against Nebraska at home next week.

There's just something about that Cornhusker's squad that gives me the heebie jeebies. Especially when they've already won on the road at Michigan State.

But nothing to worry about now. Hold serve at home, beat Illinois on the road and you're 14-4, likely no worse than 2nd in the B1G.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-12-2016),dubc47834 (02-12-2016),Razor Shines (02-13-2016),Revering4Blue (02-13-2016)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

Harrison Niego...

You cannot stop him; You can only hope to contain him.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

5. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-13-2016),dubc47834 (02-13-2016),Hoosier Red (02-15-2016),Razor Shines (02-13-2016),thatcoolguy_22 (02-15-2016)

Where in the world is Harrison Niego?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

7. Likes:

Hoosier Red (02-15-2016),thatcoolguy_22 (02-15-2016)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Where in the world is Harrison Niego?
    On the IU bench, right next to Priller!!!!!!!!!

Big one tonight gents. Gonna be interesting to see how the Hoosiers handle Purdue's bigs.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Big one tonight gents. Gonna be interesting to see how the Hoosiers handle Purdue's bigs.
    Yes it is. With Maryland and Iowa losing this is important. Also, I think this game will go a long way in determining IU's seeding come tourney time!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Stat geek...and proud

That was impressive. Purdue's good. You knew they'd make a run. And they did. I think last year, or the year before they'd blow that game.

And at the risk of getting a bunch of crap flung my way....I think Crean has done an amazing coaching job this year. Compare this team to the Duke game. It's not even the same team.

12. Likes:

BillDoran (02-21-2016),Hoosier Red (02-22-2016),Razor Shines (02-21-2016),thatcoolguy_22 (02-21-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    That was impressive. Purdue's good. You knew they'd make a run. And they did. I think last year, or the year before they'd blow that game.

And at the risk of getting a bunch of crap flung my way....I think Crean has done an amazing coaching job this year. Compare this team to the Duke game. It's not even the same team.
    Interesting comments. Ones that I cant disagree with whatsoever.

IU has finally started playing defense. I really feel the reason for this is OG and Morgan getting major minutes.

I just hope they keep it going.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Interesting comments. Ones that I cant disagree with whatsoever.

IU has finally started playing defense. I really feel the reason for this is OG and Morgan getting major minutes.

I just hope they keep it going.
    I agree about OG and Morgan. Also, I think they realized they were going to lose a lot of games if they didn't get it together. Also makes you wonder if Crean had the team prepared to begin the season! I think coach has done an excellent job this year, still not a fan of his X's and O's, but his sub patterns has been tolerable and the team as a whole has progressed. Now if he could just get Troy to play the way he did last night every game. He was diving for balls and all over the court. Good win last night!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-21-2016)

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post

Crean has been outstanding and it hurts me a little to say it. I have been saying he needs to be let go since the debacle against syracuse in '13. This team looks primed for a deep run. I think a 4 seed is reasonable and if things break well these next couple weeks they could play as high as a 2 seed. With the way this year started, im shocked. Also, after the Duke implosion i put $20 on IU to win it all at +14000 on a whim. Lets go Hoosiers! Papa needs one of those fancy robot vacuums.

17. Likes:

Razor Shines (02-22-2016)

I might have touched on this in the old thread, but CTC imo has changed this year. He is not afraid to sit the "Bad Troy" down and I loved it when he called a TO just to chew on Yogi's arsz. I am still not a fan of his substitution patterns or his half court offense sets.

I might have touched on this in the old thread, but CTC imo has changed this year. He is not afraid to sit the "Bad Troy" down and I loved it when he called a TO just to chew on Yogi's arsz. I am still not a fan of his substitution patterns or his half court offense sets.
    In the Bengals thread I made the analogy of six sided die to replace Marvin Lewis. In that analogy, 1 side is definitely better, 2 sides are about the same & 3 sides are markedly worse.

I'm starting to think of Crean in a similar vein. It's probably closer to 2 sides better, 2 sides about the same long term(but with an initial drop off) and 2 sides that are markedly worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Rumors have it that RoJo will be a game time decision against the Illini. I suspect he will miss the game.

If that's the only game he has to miss, I would be thrilled. Much more important to have him for Iowa and Maryland.

22. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-24-2016),Revering4Blue (02-24-2016)

I wouldnt be surprised if RoJo cant go, that the Hoosiers go big.

Turn Off Ads?