Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    When's the last time IU got a guy out of Indiana's portion of Louisville? Sheron Wilkerson? I remember how much my cousins across the border loved Pat Graham back in the day.
    Had to revisit this post. Saw on another site where CAM was talking about the '18 class. They got a kid from South Bend, first time in 45 years they landed some one from that town. They also got a kid from Lafayette, first time in 70 years they got one from there.

2. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (11-10-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Wasn't expecting that!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Wasn't expecting that!!!
    I don't think anyone was!!!!!!!! But that is what happens when your opponent sinks 17 shots from behind the arc.

6. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-11-2017),Revering4Blue (11-11-2017)

Well I am glad I didn't buy that app to watch the game.

8. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-11-2017),Hoosier Red (11-12-2017),mamrice (11-11-2017),Revering4Blue (11-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I don't think anyone was!!!!!!!! But that is what happens when your opponent sinks 17 shots from behind the arc.
    Definately going to be some growing pains this year. At least IU is in Langfords final 3 today

Without a doubt, IU is going to go through some growing pains this year. Like you guys, I was shocked to see them get pummeled like they did on their home court last night. I'm curious how Archie approaches tomorrow's game versus Howard. Do you all think he dabbles with the starting lineup at all? RJ looked terrible yesterday.

On the bright side, the incoming class (if you also include Race Thompson) is going to be excellent and could be surreal if they land Garland and Langford. Very anxious to see how that goes on Monday afternoon. Keep hearing mixed signals on that recruitment. Garland is the real deal....that kid alone could completely change the performance on the court. And add in Romeo....wow.

Well, Rojo and Newkirk are the first ones I would bench. Damn, they are seniors, but they don't play like it. So yes, I think Archie will tweak the starting line-up.

12. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-12-2017),Hoosier Red (11-12-2017)

Well another struggle. If they keep playing like this and can't figure things out then winning a road game this year will be a struggle. I figured this year would be a wash with Archie coming in with Crean's players, just didn't think they would struggle this much. Pretty sure the next game is at Seton Hall and they are ranked, should be a butt whooping. At this point I would get the Freshmen as much playing time as possible in preparation for next year. Also, not sure what Curtis Jones has done to get in Miller's doghouse, but his playing time has been almost nil. I thought he was the best freshman last year. I could see it being effort in practice tho!!!

All I know is that Archie better have them practicing FT's today!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Well another struggle. If they keep playing like this and can't figure things out then winning a road game this year will be a struggle. I figured this year would be a wash with Archie coming in with Crean's players, just didn't think they would struggle this much. Pretty sure the next game is at Seton Hall and they are ranked, should be a butt whooping. At this point I would get the Freshmen as much playing time as possible in preparation for next year. Also, not sure what Curtis Jones has done to get in Miller's doghouse, but his playing time has been almost nil. I thought he was the best freshman last year. I could see it being effort in practice tho!!!
    He was the guy who I remembered being most disappointed in his lack of development last year. Or was that Green? At this point they're pretty much interchangeable and both likely to be in the dog house at any one time.
    Yesterday didn't really bother me that much because shooting FT's are something that should be relatively fixable. If they make free throws, the game looks quite a bit different.

Really liked Al Durham's game yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

16. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-14-2017)

Archie on the hot seat yet?

...sorry, Dayton fan, had to do it.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

18. Likes:

Hoosier Red (11-13-2017),Revering4Blue (11-13-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    He was the guy who I remembered being most disappointed in his lack of development last year. Or was that Green? At this point they're pretty much interchangeable and both likely to be in the dog house at any one time.
    Yesterday didn't really bother me that much because shooting FT's are something that should be relatively fixable. If they make free throws, the game looks quite a bit different.

Really liked Al Durham's game yesterday.
    To be honest, I thought Green should have started last year. He was clearly better than Jones. I also thought Davis should have started last year as well.

But AL does look to be a hidden gem.

20. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-14-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    To be honest, I thought Green should have started last year. He was clearly better than Jones. I also thought Davis should have started last year as well.

But AL does look to be a hidden gem.
    That sounds right. It's so crazy but I was so disappointed with the team last year I honestly have a hard time remembering who I was disappointed in and for what.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

22. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-14-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    That sounds right. It's so crazy but I was so disappointed with the team last year I honestly have a hard time remembering who I was disappointed in and for what.
    Well, let me refresh your memory. Bryant totally digressed from his frosh season. O.G. was lost for the season due to injury. And JBJ still couldn't guard a chair. Pretty much sums it up through my crimson colored glasses.

24. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-14-2017)

Turn Off Ads?