Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 914

Thread: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,632

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

    Just got a boost in the polls. Up to #12 in AP.

    Tough turnaround for Iowa, lose a gut punch on Sunday late afternoon on road. Fly back to Iowa City (which would depress the hell out of me) and then back at it Tuesday night.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    1,987

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Just got a boost in the polls. Up to #12 in AP.

    Tough turnaround for Iowa, lose a gut punch on Sunday late afternoon on road. Fly back to Iowa City (which would depress the hell out of me) and then back at it Tuesday night.
    You can actually fly into Iowa City now?
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  4. Likes:

    Hoosier Red (03-01-2016)

  5. #33
    Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portsmouth, NH
    Posts
    1,932

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

    Seth Greenberg says IU is a Final Four team while breaking down the IU @ Iowa game

    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14871503



    Also in the above scenario of IU winning the B1G tournament, they absolutely would be a #1 seed.
    We found your stolen Prius, it was voting for Ralph Nader.

  6. Likes:

    dubc47834 (03-01-2016),Hoosier Red (03-01-2016)

  7. #34
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    1,987

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Seth Greenberg says IU is a Final Four team while breaking down the IU @ Iowa game

    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14871503



    Also in the above scenario of IU winning the B1G tournament, they absolutely would be a #1 seed.
    During the Illinois broadcast Dakich said they were a Final Four team as well.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  8. Likes:

    dubc47834 (03-01-2016),Hoosier Red (03-01-2016)

  9. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,632

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    During the Illinois broadcast Dakich said they were a Final Four team as well.
    All we need is for one more talking clown to endorse them to the final four and I'm picking a first round exit.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

  10. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (03-01-2016),dubc47834 (03-01-2016),Revering4Blue (03-01-2016)

  11. #36
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,806

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    All we need is for one more talking clown to endorse them to the final four and I'm picking a first round exit.
    Just waiting for Dickie V and his kiss of death!!!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

  12. #37
    Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portsmouth, NH
    Posts
    1,932

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

    This officiating is horrendous.
    We found your stolen Prius, it was voting for Ralph Nader.

  13. #38
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    1,987

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

    And they survive!!!!!!!! Hoosier Nation is rocking right now!!!!!!!!!!
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  14. Likes:

    dubc47834 (03-02-2016),Razor Shines (03-02-2016),Revering4Blue (03-02-2016),thatcoolguy_22 (03-02-2016)

  15. #39
    Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portsmouth, NH
    Posts
    1,932

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

    Woooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
    We found your stolen Prius, it was voting for Ralph Nader.

  16. #40
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,806

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

    Great game last night! Really thought they were going to blow it there late, but Iowa gave it right back to them. Really happy for Yogi! Now let's go beat Maryland.

    As far as seeding for the NCAA, after seeing the rankings, if IU beats Maryland and wins the B10 tourney, there is no reason that IU couldn't be a 1 seed come the NCAA. Here's why they won't be tho, Michigan State.....we know that the selection committee loves them and the national media loves them. They deserve some of the respect, but honestly they haven't had that great of a year and look where they are ranked. Kinda ridiculous! In the end, I think MSU will be a higher seed than IU, regardless of how IU plays here on out!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

  17. #41
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    1,987

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Great game last night! Really thought they were going to blow it there late, but Iowa gave it right back to them. Really happy for Yogi! Now let's go beat Maryland.

    As far as seeding for the NCAA, after seeing the rankings, if IU beats Maryland and wins the B10 tourney, there is no reason that IU couldn't be a 1 seed come the NCAA. Here's why they won't be tho, Michigan State.....we know that the selection committee loves them and the national media loves them. They deserve some of the respect, but honestly they haven't had that great of a year and look where they are ranked. Kinda ridiculous! In the end, I think MSU will be a higher seed than IU, regardless of how IU plays here on out!
    I concur about the game, and to think that was done without two starters. OG and Morgan are something else.

    The thing about MSU is how many of their losses came when Valentine was hurt? I think the committee wil take that into account. Sparty also has a shot to finish in sole possession of 2nd place and it is a pretty good one. But there is no way in hell that if IU wins the BTT that MSU should be seeded over them in the dance.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  18. #42
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,806

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I concur about the game, and to think that was done without two starters. OG and Morgan are something else.

    The thing about MSU is how many of their losses came when Valentine was hurt? I think the committee wil take that into account. Sparty also has a shot to finish in sole possession of 2nd place and it is a pretty good one. But there is no way in hell that if IU wins the BTT that MSU should be seeded over them in the dance.
    I agree, but if this plays out like IU fans hope it does, I think MSU will still be a higher seed. The only way I don't see that happening is if the Hoosiers win the B10 tourney and MSU losses the 1st game!

    Hopefully Morgan doesn't miss much time, that looked really bad!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

  19. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    119

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

    As an ex-Indiana resident, I think I'm going to have to root for the Hoosiers now that my Cards won't be in the post-season. Surprisingly, Crean's done a great job this year. This team's a lot of fun to watch.

  20. #44
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    1,987

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by Larkin11 View Post
    As an ex-Indiana resident, I think I'm going to have to root for the Hoosiers now that my Cards won't be in the post-season. Surprisingly, Crean's done a great job this year. This team's a lot of fun to watch.
    Welcome aboard the "band wagon"!!!!!!!!!
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  21. #45
    Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portsmouth, NH
    Posts
    1,932

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

    Any word on Morgan? RoJo?


    Also, i was wearing an IU hoodie yesterday here in South Korea and a korean teenager on the subway pointed to the IU and told me he likes Yogi. So theres that.
    Last edited by thatcoolguy_22; 03-04-2016 at 12:39 PM.
    We found your stolen Prius, it was voting for Ralph Nader.

  22. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (03-04-2016),dubc47834 (03-04-2016),Hoosier Red (03-05-2016)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | JaxRed | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | The Operator