Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am a magnet to ortho surgeons

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

I am a magnet to ortho surgeons

I've had 5 surgeries to my right arm -- torn tendon on hand, two severed tendons & a severed nerve in wrist, two elbow surgeries - 1st bone chip & clean up 2nd bone chips, bursa removal & cleanup plus an open rotator cuff repair.

Today I've had to schedule #6 & maybe #7--- torn labrum & more bone spurs in my shoulder and sternum-clavicle issue that may require surgery.

I'm getting too old to miss another good chunk of golf season.

I'm paying for all the sports I did as a kid --- do you hear me talking wrestling & baseball?

Everybody can move along -- just me feeling sorry for myself when others have much more on their plate....
    Last edited by Red Raindog; 02-12-2016 at 08:00 PM.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

2. Likes:

marcshoe (02-14-2016),RedlegJake (02-14-2016),Roy Tucker (02-12-2016),TRF (02-15-2016)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: I am a magnet to ortho surgeons

As someone who has rocked 29 surgeries in my 31 years, I can feel your pain. Like your other ones, as I'm sure you know, just push your way through the rest/rehab process and soon enough, hopefully, you are back to normal soon enough. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    As someone who has rocked 29 surgeries in my 31 years, I can feel your pain. Like your other ones, as I'm sure you know, just push your way through the rest/rehab process and soon enough, hopefully, you are back to normal soon enough. Good luck.
    29?

I feel like a slacker - 9 in my 63+ years

I miss Raisor

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    29?

I feel like a slacker - 9 in my 63+ years
    Fortunately a majority of them were from before I can remember. But, eight of them have been since I was seven, so I remember all of those.

I've had 5 surgeries to my right arm -- torn tendon on hand, two severed tendons & a severed nerve in wrist, two elbow surgeries - 1st bone chip & clean up 2nd bone chips, bursa removal & cleanup plus an open rotator cuff repair.

Today I've had to schedule #6 & maybe #7--- torn labrum & more bone spurs in my shoulder and sternum-clavicle issue that may require surgery.

I'm paying for all the sports I did as a kid --- do you hear me talking wrestling & baseball?

Everybody can move along -- just me feeling sorry for myself when others have much more on their plate....
    Sounds like you'll never pitch in the majors again.

(btw, my total is one surgery in 53 years. )
    “It is quite possible--overwhelmingly probable, one might guess--that we will always learn more about human life and personality from novels than from scientific psychology” ― Noam Chomsky

“Reading is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another’s skin.” -- Joyce Carol Oates

Are you Sean Marshall?

9. Likes:

Red Raindog (02-15-2016)

I've never had surgery. Well not for an injury. Had my gall bladder removed, but I was playing softball within 2 weeks.

I AM PHENOMENAL.
    "There was like a softness to it, a glow to it. I felt... I felt warm."

-- Joseph Daniel Votto 7/10/2017

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Are you Sean Marshall?
    Maybe a right hand version without the curve and fastball

I miss Raisor

Hang in there, Raindog. Shoulder surgery sucks; I've been there many years ago. I think it's a lot easier to get back from it than in the days when they laid you open like a frog in 9th grade biology, but there is still a lot of loosening and then strengthening that is key to recovery. For what it's worth, unless you've got some kind of crazy golf swing, you'll find that you can return to the game fairly quickly.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

13. Likes:

Red Raindog (02-15-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Hang in there, Raindog. Shoulder surgery sucks; I've been there many years ago. I think it's a lot easier to get back from it than in the days when they laid you open like a frog in 9th grade biology, but there is still a lot of loosening and then strengthening that is key to recovery. For what it's worth, unless you've got some kind of crazy golf swing, you'll find that you can return to the game fairly quickly.
    hope so -- the first time on this shoulder was the laid open kind --- months of rehab -- threw up on the therapist the first time! - Note - we still play golf together so he got over it

I miss Raisor

I had four surgeries before I was two. None since. Do I get extra credit for that?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Hey, if we're going for extra credit, my one surgery was a doozy! My colon had gone through a hole in my diaphragm into the chest cavity, and they had to push it back through, sew up the diaphragm, vacuum my chest out, put in tubes, and sew me back up again. Beat that!
    “It is quite possible--overwhelmingly probable, one might guess--that we will always learn more about human life and personality from novels than from scientific psychology” ― Noam Chomsky

“Reading is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another’s skin.” -- Joyce Carol Oates

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Hey, if we're going for extra credit, my one surgery was a doozy! My colon had gone through a hole in my diaphragm into the chest cavity, and they had to push it back through, sew up the diaphragm, vacuum my chest out, put in tubes, and sew me back up again. Beat that!
    sounds like you're lucky it didn't kill you dead

---

so far this year 2 of my grandsons trying to follow me in wrestling have been hurt - the junior in high school tore his MCL and missed the season - now the 6th grader - who is the most promising wrestler of the 4 broke his leg in a match on Sunday when his opponent fell on his ankle.
    Last edited by Red Raindog; 02-16-2016 at 08:49 PM.

I miss Raisor

Make America Stupid Again RFS62's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post

The leader in the clubhouse
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I've never had surgery. Well not for an injury. Had my gall bladder removed, but I was playing softball within 2 weeks.

I AM PHENOMENAL.
    I have never spent a night in the hospital except to get my tonsils out when I was 3.

Turn Off Ads?