Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am a magnet to ortho surgeons

Re: I am a magnet to ortho surgeons

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I have never spent a night in the hospital except to get my tonsils out when I was 3.
    I was in for Asthma when I was 6.

Apparently breathing is important.
    "There was like a softness to it, a glow to it. I felt... I felt warm."

-- Joseph Daniel Votto 7/10/2017

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Make America Stupid Again RFS62's Avatar

Tore my meniscus a week ago. Looks like my first surgury is on the horizon.
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    don't make it a habit --- one of my ortho surgeons calls my right arm her favorite arm ---- this will be her 4th scar set for me

I'm on our local hospital's board of directors & she's an employee of our hospital -- sometimes I think I was picked for the board to keep my arm close by for needed revenue --
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

surgery was yesterday

torn labrum and more bones spurs but no torn tendon -- so I may get to play golf later this summer --- small victories!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    surgery was yesterday

torn labrum and more bones spurs but no torn tendon -- so I may get to play golf later this summer --- small victories!
    Still sounds like you won't be in the mix for the Reds' rotation. Too bad, given Moscot's performance today.

So, I'm assuming they cleaned out the spurs while they were in there. Hope you heal quickly.
    “It is quite possible--overwhelmingly probable, one might guess--that we will always learn more about human life and personality from novels than from scientific psychology” ― Noam Chomsky

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Still sounds like you won't be in the mix for the Reds' rotation. Too bad, given Moscot's performance today.

So, I'm assuming they cleaned out the spurs while they were in there. Hope you heal quickly.
    oh yes --- my body loves to make them for the ortho docs....

I saw Moscot's line ---- he's still better choice than me

In 47+ years No surgeries, hospital visits, broken bones, not even a stitch. A few sprained ankles is about as bad as I've had it from activity related injuries.

Had testicular cancer surgery in 1997. Gallbladder removed in 2012. And this week, I'm going in for a biopsy to determine the nature of lesions in my spinal canal that are making it difficult for me to walk.

So I will politely invite you never-been-to-the-hospital types to bite me.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Had testicular cancer surgery in 1997. Gallbladder removed in 2012. And this week, I'm going in for a biopsy to determine the nature of lesions in my spinal canal that are making it difficult for me to walk.

good luck man

I have to report the amazing.

18 days after my shoulder surgery - with my doc's OK - I played 18 holes of golf today.

5 days after the surgery I found I had full range of motion and I was weeks ahead of schedule.

After I showed my surgeon how easy I have movement she made me promise to not go nuts and play 36 holes a day for a while.

I guess I just need a clean out every few years!

I hit the ball good - maybe 20 yards short of normal for my driver but there's no roll now, it was cool and I was using cheap balls -- but the skill shots = chipping - putting -- well the first time out since November and it showed......

12. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-31-2016),marcshoe (03-27-2016),Sea Ray (03-30-2016)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    I have to report the amazing.

18 days after my shoulder surgery - with my doc's OK - I played 18 holes of golf today.

5 days after the surgery I found I had full range of motion and I was weeks ahead of schedule.

After I showed my surgeon how easy I have movement she made me promise to not go nuts and play 36 holes a day for a while.

I guess I just need a clean out every few years!

I hit the ball good - maybe 20 yards short of normal for my driver but there's no roll now, it was cool and I was using cheap balls -- but the skill shots = chipping - putting -- well the first time out since November and it showed......
    As a guy who has had 3 shoulder surgeries, 2 for a torn labrum and 1 bank hart repair, this is pretty amazing. My bank hart surgery had my shoulder immobilized for a couple months. Congrats to you!!!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Me too. March 2016 must be a cursed month. I did my ACL and microfractured a couple bones too. [(Old x fat) + skiing = calamity]. Never had surgery either unless you count wisdom teeth under anesthesia. About to change.
    Mack Jenkins's Pants

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post

Looking at old threads. How'd this turn out?
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Since we're digging up stuff. How did this go? I'm scheduled for next Friday.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Looking at old threads. How'd this turn out?
    I actually had two biopsies: the one I referred to in March and a second one at Duke in October. What I suspected turned out to be the case...I have a rare condition known as Radiation Induced Lumbosacral Plexopathy. In a nutshell, the radiation I had for cancer in 1997 caused nerve damage that didn't manifest into symptoms until several years later. I'm trying a drug combo and have been going to PT for over a year to keep my leg strength up, but I have slowed down considerably. No one can give an exact prognosis, as every case progresses differently. I could stabilize at some point, I could end up in a wheelchair, or somewhere in between.

I joke that I've now "won" two lotteries that you don't want to win. First, testicular cancer which affects less than 1% of all men. Second, this RILP which occurs in less than 1% of people treated with radiation. However, it's thought that RILP may not be quite as rare as currently believed, since (A) more people are living long enough after cancer treatment for other effects to materialize and (B) it's often misdiagnosed for a very long time.

On the bright side, I'M ALIVE, and I'm certainly grateful for that.

Anyway, thanks for asking, JaxRed.
    Last edited by RichRed; 02-06-2017 at 02:09 PM.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

18. Likes:

Chip R (02-06-2017),cumberlandreds (02-06-2017),KittyDuran (02-06-2017),marcshoe (02-06-2017),oneupper (02-07-2017),Screwball (02-06-2017),texasdave (02-06-2017)

Turn Off Ads?