Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: April 20, 2016 - Reds vs Rockies (12:35pm) - Day Game - Yay \o/

Re: April 20, 2016 - Reds vs Rockies (12:35pm) - Day Game - Yay \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    But when it enough enough? 2014 he was injured, that's fine. 2015 he's shifted to the bullpen and it doesn't go so hot, too many walks and still injury issues. Now it's 2016 and still too many walks.

I like Tony, but at some point you can't just keep looking back on 2013.
    In fairness (perhaps) to Cingrani, I believe he was told to pitch around Mark Reynolds, due to the lefty being on deck. I was listening to the whole thing; the pitching coach came out for a conference before that at bat. At the time I thought, why pitch around a guy so prone to strike out, who has already K'd three times? But it would have looked fine if Cingrani got the LH Paulsen. Given Cingrani's control issues it was certainly questionable to pitch around Reynolds, if that's what they in fact did. I'd rather blame Price anyway since he is such a woebegone coach. But, if his thinking was that if Reynolds got hold of one, it would be 6-5 Rockies, whereas the way it turned out was 5-5, giving the Reds a chance to win it in their last at bat, then, well, I guess he was right.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Funny. I can remember when it was once said by the brain trust that pitching and defense was number one, and yet we've gone from the best bullpen in baseball to maybe the worse (that's up for debate, of course). I only had the radio broadcast today at the office on MLB's At Bat, but it's pretty obvious we're in total Wayne Krivsky mode--you know, take anything you can and throw it in there and see what happens. Hopefully, talent will rise to the surface, but defense has taken a back seat. We traded our nifty third baseman and placed a shortstop there, tried to trade our all star second baseman (I know, but he's pretty good), put a couple of rookies in left. It's worked so far, but I worry. It appears that Finnegan is the real deal and along with Iggy and Stephenson will make up 3/5's of the rotation. Add in Homer and the fifth won't be hard to determine. The bullpen is too important to throw has-beens and fodder at. So far, we've played the Cubs, Pirates, Phillies, Cardinals and Rockies and are 8-7, better than I ever thought would happen. With a little luck and good judgment from the dugout, it might be 10-5. Things could be worse. I remain optimistic, but still think 100+ losses will happen. Stay tuned.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Funny. I can remember when it was once said by the brain trust that pitching and defense was number one, and yet we've gone from the best bullpen in baseball to maybe the worse (that's up for debate, of course). I only had the radio broadcast today at the office on MLB's At Bat, but it's pretty obvious we're in total Wayne Krivsky mode--you know, take anything you can and throw it in there and see what happens. Hopefully, talent will rise to the surface, but defense has taken a back seat. We traded our nifty third baseman and placed a shortstop there, tried to trade our all star second baseman (I know, but he's pretty good), put a couple of rookies in left. It's worked so far, but I worry. It appears that Finnegan is the real deal and along with Iggy and Stephenson will make up 3/5's of the rotation. Add in Homer and the fifth won't be hard to determine. The bullpen is too important to throw has-beens and fodder at. So far, we've played the Cubs, Pirates, Phillies, Cardinals and Rockies and are 8-7, better than I ever thought would happen. With a little luck and good judgment from the dugout, it might be 10-5. Things could be worse. I remain optimistic, but still think 100+ losses will happen. Stay tuned.

It sounds like you aren't "in" on the rebuild.

Fair enough, but you're going to be miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    It sounds like you aren't "in" on the rebuild.

Fair enough, but you're going to be miserable
    Nah, it had to be done, but the lack of pitching (bullpen) does concern me. Beer talking last night
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Nah, it had to be done, but the lack of pitching (bullpen) does concern me. Beer talking last night
    Bullpen is horrible, but once the rotation gets sorted out it'll get handled.

Turn Off Ads?