Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Astros.. I know it's early but..

Re: Astros.. I know it's early but..

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    You pitch long enough and don't get hurt...you eventually figure it out.
    Morton went on the DL 9 times in his career.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    No, she would have broken up with him.
    And hooked up with Corey Seager.
    Wait until the year after next year.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    And hooked up with Corey Seager.
    I wonder how his wife felt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I wonder how his wife felt about that.
    Time to move to Utah.
    Go Gators!

I too was rooting for the Astros although I was hoping LA would score 2-3 runs to make it a bit more interesting. In the first 2 innings everything went Houston’s way and nothing went right for LA.

Morton is a great story. (as is Rich Hill). If you look at Morton in 2017 he was lights out for 4-5 innings (the first two times through the order). So I knew LA was in trouble when he came out to start the 6th. And he was still mowing them down in the 9th. Ken who? You know you’re low in the pecking order when Liriano gets to pitch and you don’t! Is it me or do we see more of these older guys come out of nowhere to finally have success in MLB than in other sports?

There was an interesting article in the WSJ a week or two ago about Altuve. Basically because of his small size he is able to get the bat through the zone quicker and is the best fastball hitter in MLB. I’m curious to see what Willie Calhoun does in his career. Maybe previously discounted short but muscular guys will be the new moneyball.

Cincinnati Reds ✔@Reds
    .@SInow You have any more of those magazine covers? 🔮
    https://twitter.com/Reds?ref_src=tws...182258311.html

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    My reply has been pretty popular.... https://twitter.com/dougdirt24/statu...01853762355201

9. Likes:

Chip R (11-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    My reply has been pretty popular.... https://twitter.com/dougdirt24/statu...01853762355201
    In your comments in the conversation there you refer to Castillo as the best young player that the Reds have. If there was a ranking of everyone in the organization under the age of 26, would you have Castillo above Senzel and Greene? (No ROY elibility limitations) If Micah Johnson was still in the organization would your cover have been different?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    In your comments in the conversation there you refer to Castillo as the best young player that the Reds have. If there was a ranking of everyone in the organization under the age of 26, would you have Castillo above Senzel and Greene? (No ROY elibility limitations) If Micah Johnson was still in the organization would your cover have been different?
    Without question. He's got elite upside and he's proven he can perform in the big leagues. It's not even a question as to who would be #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    So....I think it worked.
    It's amazing. Sometimes these so-called "magic beans" will sprout into World Series Champions. You just have to know when and where to plant 'em.

Turn Off Ads?