Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread...

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Likes:

TRF (09-18-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon hosted the best taped wrestling show of all time.
    "There was like a softness to it, a glow to it. I felt... I felt warm."

-- Joseph Daniel Votto 7/10/2017

5. Likes:

Chip R (09-18-2017)

Gotta give em credit, I never saw a Sami Zayn heel turn coming.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Gotta give em credit, I never saw a Sami Zayn heel turn coming.
    That's so WWE. Take a face who got over without Vince making him and turn him heel.
    Wait until the year after next year.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I don’t even know that Zayn turned heel — being unable to give up on your best friend even as he destroys himself is pretty much the ultimate face move.

He’s Obi-Wan to Kevin’s Anaakin.
    Cincinnati Here We Go.
    26 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I don’t even know that Zayn turned heel — being unable to give up on your best friend even as he destroys himself is pretty much the ultimate face move.

He’s Obi-Wan to Kevin’s Anaakin.
    I suppose, but it would be one thing if he merely pulled KO out of the way. But to then to deny Shane medical attention so he can drag KO over his body to pin him? That's a bit beyond shades of gray.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

I suppose, but it would be one thing if he merely pulled KO out of the way. But to then to deny Shane medical attention so he can drag KO over his body to pin him? That's a bit beyond shades of gray.
    They really set this up perfectly.

The whole speech the tuesday before. It was Zayn's "eye opener". What will be cool is if KO still treats him the same. 2 heels fighting one another.

So not only do Bray and Bo have meningitis but Roman does too. He's out of the Shield's big reunion match, Kurt Angle is in. AJ replaces Bray to face Finn.

So not only do Bray and Bo have meningitis but Roman does too. He's out of the Shield's big reunion match, Kurt Angle is in. AJ replaces Bray to face Finn.
    So... is Meningitis the biggest face on this show? I don't know a single person who was looking forward to the crap with "sister Abagail" vs the Pumpkin Demon.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

13. Likes:

Tom Servo (10-21-2017)

I've seen clips. Styles/Balor tore the house down. Reviews say the main event was very solid with Angle as the replacement.

I'm hoping Asuka is on Raw tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I've seen clips. Styles/Balor tore the house down. Reviews say the main event was very solid with Angle as the replacement.

I'm hoping Asuka is on Raw tonight.
    Styles/Barlor was just awesome. Two guys who are both incredible workers just out there having a fight to see who is better. The "Too Sweet" at the end was icing on the cake.

The main event was a love-letter to late-90s / attitude-era wrestling: overbooked, loud, obnoxious, and utterly devoid of any logic whatsoever. And I loved ever single minute of it.
    Cincinnati Here We Go.
    26 Years and Counting...

Someone's gotta lose the belt before Survivor Series right?

Baron/Miz... they really aren't going to have that on the card right?
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Someone's gotta lose the belt before Survivor Series right?

Baron/Miz... they really aren't going to have that on the card right?
    Miz ent dropping the belt when he has no real singles feud right now. Corbin just got it, and if they can keep him from speaking too much, He's alright.

I thin Survivor Series might get me to re-up on the network.

Like so many other things, last night's "Under Siege" angle could be absolutely amazing if WWE had the balls to actually run with the concept.

The result of it *should* be some massive stipulation on the Survivor Series matches and a re-tooling of the card (as part of the storyline) to move Brock Lesnar onto a team with the Shield as the best team RAW can put out v. Smackdown's best (probably Jinder, KO, Sami, RKO & AJ). Have invasions happening and disrupting shows constantly until VKM steps in to make the final match: Shane v. Kurt.

Here would be my card for the show:

Pre Show: SS Tag Match (RAW v. SD)
    Cruiserweight Title: Enzo v. Kalisto
    IC Title v. US Title: Miz v. Baron
    Women's SS Match: Nia/Sasha/Bayley/Auska/Alexa v. Lynch/Charlotte/Carmella/Natalya/Naomi
    Men's SS Match: Reigns/Ambrose/Rollins/Lesnar/(Strowman or Balor) v. Jinder/Sami/KO/AJ/RKO
    Angle v. Shane

I'd have Carmella cash-in after her match too, just for good measure.
    Cincinnati Here We Go.
    26 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Miz ent dropping the belt when he has no real singles feud right now. Corbin just got it, and if they can keep him from speaking too much, He's alright.

I thin Survivor Series might get me to re-up on the network.
    It just screams pre-show with Baron there.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?