Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364

Thread: Nick Senzel

Re: Nick Senzel

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Because Senzel has the tools to be well above average defensively out there. Herrera doesn't have the arm. Not sure about Shed. IF they end up in the line-up together, why not put them where they are likely to provide the best defensive alignment? I also think moving Senzel out of harms way is a serious consideration. I've never liked the idea of him standing in there turning a DP with some runner bearing down on him.. Now that he's had another bout of Vertigo and the possibility that jarring contact can bring it on, I'd get him into the OF so fast it would give you vertigo
    Senzel to right; Scooter/Dixon to left; one of Long/Herrera/Blandino to 2b; Iglesias dealt for an answer in CF or SS; Harvey becomes this year's Verlander-like gunslinger and is traded at the deadline for the other of CF/SS; Peraza to 25th man on the roster; BH, Duvall, Schebler, Winker and other fungibles shopped for relief help and a second catcher.

2. Likes:

Benihana (05-26-2018),Tony Cloninger (05-23-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Senzel to right; Scooter/Dixon to left; one of Long/Herrera/Blandino to 2b; Iglesias dealt for an answer in CF or SS; Harvey becomes this year's Verlander-like gunslinger and is traded at the deadline for the other of CF/SS; Peraza to 25th man on the roster; BH, Duvall, Schebler, Winker and other fungibles shopped for relief help and a second catcher.
    You read my mind as I had pretty much the same ideas except for Harvey. I liked it so much I posted my approval with my like.

I think we should make Senzel a relief pitcher
    What would you say.....ya do here?

6. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-23-2018),Spanky (05-29-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Because Senzel has the tools to be well above average defensively out there. Herrera doesn't have the arm. Not sure about Shed. IF they end up in the line-up together, why not put them where they are likely to provide the best defensive alignment? I also think moving Senzel out of harms way is a serious consideration. I've never liked the idea of him standing in there turning a DP with some runner bearing down on him.. Now that he's had another bout of Vertigo and the possibility that jarring contact can bring it on, I'd get him into the OF so fast it would give you vertigo
    I know there is more to changing positions to waving a magic wand...but if this is feasible it solves several problems at once.

Right now, to me, the Reds are pretty well set at 1B, 3B, C, and 2B. LF is easily plugable in-house between Winker, Duvall, and Shebler. That leaves RF, CF, and SS as holes that need to be filled.

This would resolve a logjam and plug a whole, its such a great idea if feasible.

If they also grab someone is not terrible with the bat at either SS or CF, they can almost afford to roll with a glove-only guy at one of those or the other.

I'm similarly on board, but none of this mentions the Reds adding any pitching. It's why I think Scooter has to go. Iglesias alone won't bring everything needed and the lesser guys won't either. Scooter, Winker, Harvey, one of the RH relievers, some kids. That's the currency this team needs to go shopping with. The rest are loose change. The Reds need a lot of stuff including two above average starting pitchers. Schebler/Duvall or Schebler/Ervin or Schebler/Dixon can provide an adequate LF option. Without those new starters, none of the rest will matter much.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Mostly agree with this, although I’d have to see Herrera (or Long) hit well at the big league level before moving Senzel to RF. I wouldn’t move Senzel off position for Blandino, who I view as a utility infielder.I also wouldn’t be opposed to trying Long (or even Senzel) in CF if Herrera proves he can be a starting 2B in the bigs. As far as Iglesias and Harvey, the trade targets should be pitching and a SS. I believe the Reds have enough talent coming through the system to cover CF (Siri, Trammell, Fairchild, maybe one of Long/Senzel etc.). SS is a much harder position to draft and develop, and thus like pitching the Reds will need to bring it in from outside the organization. Therefore trade Iglesias and Harvey for impact pitching and a top 100 SS prospect. I’d be all for a stud CF if they can get that in addition, but the Reds need to learn from their mistakes of the last couple years and go for quality over quantity, and concentrate on getting better pitching and SS prospect rather than trying to fill all of their needs in one fell swoop with lesser players.
    Last edited by Benihana; 05-26-2018 at 09:41 AM.
    Go BLUE!!!

10. Likes:

HokieRed (05-26-2018),OhioRiverBarge (05-27-2018)

Making A Pass By GABP OhioRiverBarge's Avatar

According to C Trent via Twitter, “...Senzel is headed to Louisville...”

According to Senzel via Twitter, “Back and ready #gotime”
    "In our sundown perambulations of late through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base,' a certain game of ball. We wish such sights were more common among us...The game of ball is glorious..." -Walt Whitman, 1846

12. Likes:

Benihana (05-28-2018),corkedbat (05-28-2018),HokieRed (05-28-2018),ochoa30 (05-28-2018),RED VAN HOT (05-28-2018),RiverRat13 (05-28-2018),Rojo Rijo (05-29-2018)

Turns out Senzel isn't dead, he had a double last night for those who were concerned about him playing baseball again. <snark meter full>
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Turns out Senzel isn't dead, he had a double last night for those who were concerned about him playing baseball again. <snark meter full>
    That’s great, and I hope he remains healthy.

However, if you read the article where Senzel is asked about the vertigo issues, it’s very clear the Reds and Senzel do not think this is over.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    That’s great, and I hope he remains healthy.

However, if you read the article where Senzel is asked about the vertigo issues, it’s very clear the Reds and Senzel do not think this is over.
    Oh I don't doubt it, I just made my comment in that fashion due to how the thread had turned for a while.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Oh I don't doubt it, I just made my comment in that fashion due to how the thread had turned for a while.

You mean a few of us actually thinking this could be serious? Well if so, nothing has changed from me. Really glad he is back playing, but def sounds open ended.
    Not to mention he is 1-11 since his return, which means nothing at all, except yes, he is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    You mean a few of us actually thinking this could be serious? Well if so, nothing has changed from me. Really glad he is back playing, but def sounds open ended.
    Not to mention he is 1-11 since his return, which means nothing at all, except yes, he is alive.
    I was actually attempting some humor about some of the responses to those concerns, I share those concerns to some degree. FWIW, based on some tweets from Doug it sounds like he has had some loud outs to go along with the 1-11 start.
    Last edited by Griffey012; 06-01-2018 at 12:55 PM.

I was actually attempting some humor about some of the responses to those concerns. FWIW, based on some tweets from Doug it sounds like he has had some loud outs to go along with the 1-11 start.
    In these dark times on RZ, there is no room for gallows humor.

19. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-01-2018),Spanky (06-01-2018)

Turn Off Ads?