Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Senzel

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Nick Senzel

Quote Originally Posted by Homer's Ghost View Post
    Why would that be assumed?
    Because there's not a clear path for him at 3b and the organization as a whole seems to be valuing more defensive versatility. Plus it isn't like Senzel is a stranger to that position.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -- Isaac Asimov

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Because there's not a clear path for him at 3b and the organization as a whole seems to be valuing more defensive versatility. Plus it isn't like Senzel is a stranger to that position.
    As far as I can tell he played 7 games at 2b in his freshman year.

Suarez came up as an MI, he's played both MI spots at the MLB level, he's established and accustomed to the grind. Senzel is a top prospect but has limited MI background and none in professional ball. I don't want Senzel's progress impeded by trying to get used to the major league grind/pitching AND trying to learn a new defensive spot (one with very different footwork). If it were up to me, Suarez would move to 2B/SS once Nick is ready (if Eugenio isn't dealt for pitching).
    Last edited by corkedbat; 09-13-2017 at 01:00 AM.

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-13-2017),Edd Roush (09-13-2017),M2 (09-13-2017),marcshoe (09-13-2017),Screwball (09-17-2017),TommyJ (09-17-2017)

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Suarez came up as an MI, he's played both MI spots at the MLB level, he's established and accustomed to the grind. Senzel is a top prospect but has limited MI background and none in professional ball. I don't want Senzel's progress impeded but trying to get used to the major league grind/pitching AND trying to learn a new defensive spot (one with very different footwork). If it were up to me, Suarez would move to 2B/SS once Nick is ready (if Eugenio isn't dealt for pitching).
    Yes, this is my ideal situation as well. I'm just speculating on what might happen.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -- Isaac Asimov

7. Likes:

corkedbat (09-13-2017)

Is the vertigo career ending for Senzel? I've looked up athletes with his condition and few have recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseye View Post
    Is the vertigo career ending for Senzel?
    Uh, no.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

10. Likes:

Screwball (09-17-2017)

Winning is fun.

Is the vertigo career ending for Senzel? I've looked up athletes with his condition and few have recovered.
    Ugh. It's everything I wish I didn't know...
    Last edited by RiverRat13; 09-16-2017 at 05:39 PM.

His type of vertigo is literally called benign. The odds are overwhelming that he'll be just fine.
    Last edited by Screwball; 09-17-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Dick Williams mentioned that the corners were an option for Senzel to play. Is it possible that he could become a RF? Just from reading scouting reports they all say that he has a good arm, but is it good enough to play RF? If it is good enough, I would like to see him in right, Winker in left, and Suarez staying at 3rd. Im mostly concerned with CF though. I would honestly love to see Yelich but that is just a dream. Then the team would have to be called The Big Red On Base Machines

Lineup 1-5
    1.Yelich/Winker
    2.Winker/Senzel/Yelich
    3.Votto
    4.Suarez
    5.Winker/Senzel/Yelich

I am hoping that teams will over value HR hitting (especially after this past WS) and the Reds flip Schebler and Duvall for a good return.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdrich View Post
    I am hoping that teams will over value HR hitting (especially after this past WS) and the Reds flip Schebler and Duvall for a good return.
    I expect the opposite. Home run hitting is more common than ever now.

15. Likes:

Edd Roush (11-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post
    I expect the opposite. Home run hitting is more common than ever now.
    Though if they change the baseballs, that might be over.
    "Ill kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thats just how I do things. -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

18. Likes:

BillDoran (11-09-2017),Edd Roush (11-09-2017),Griffey012 (11-09-2017),RedsfaninMT (11-09-2017),RedTeamGo! (11-08-2017),Vander (11-08-2017),WrongVerb (11-08-2017)

The logical idea. Not surprising at all.

Reds keep Suarez at third, bring up Senzel to play second mid-season next year.

As Suarez approaches free agency (currently three years away), he gets marketed for trade. Senzel then moves back to third.

Gennett likely marketed for trade this off-season. Salary getting high. Could be ideal LH DH in AL. If he stays, he’ll begin at second base until Senzel is ready. Gennett then becomes a deadline trade piece.
    Last edited by Kc61; 11-08-2017 at 09:18 PM.

20. Likes:

Old school 1983 (11-09-2017),RedTeamGo! (11-08-2017)

Indeed not surprising. The Reds value their defense and I never thought they'd weaken it by moving Suarez off of 3rd. Many on RZ felt otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Indeed not surprising. The Reds value their defense and I never thought they'd weaken it by moving Suarez off of 3rd. Many on RZ felt otherwise
    I’ve always been on Team Keep Suarez at 3B, but I don’t think the others thought the Reds would move Suarez off 3B - they moreso wanted the Reds to move Suarez off 3B.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

23. Likes:

BillDoran (11-09-2017),Griffey012 (11-09-2017),RiverRat13 (11-09-2017),SErebel11 (11-09-2017)

Turn Off Ads?