Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Senzel

Re: Nick Senzel

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Good polished hitter with contact skills, discipline, and good power potential. He's a pretty good line drive hitter from what I have researched.

Imagine Sean Casey at his peak but playing a good 3B and in the offense starved MLB of 2016. WEW!
    Thanks. This is something I could get behind!

2. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (06-09-2016)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I have not seen him play and do not know anything about him. The highest I have seen him rated in any publication is #6 in Baseball America. If he is so good why do most places not see him as one of the 5 best players available? If they get him way below slot and are able to sign someone who is "unsignable" later because of it cool.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    I have not seen him play and do not know anything about him. The highest I have seen him rated in any publication is #6 in Baseball America. If he is so good why do most places not see him as one of the 5 best players available? If they get him way below slot and are able to sign someone who is "unsignable" later because of it cool.
    No idea??? He's been rated as the top bat, if not often ranked even with Lewis, he's definitely worth the pick at 2. Hell the Phils would have been justified taking him 1, IMO.

He's a polished player, he's likely to be a fast mover through the system. Plays a good 3B, and has played SS. Great contact skills, would be surprised if he doesn't hit 300 annually. Has good plate discipline and line drive power - he's at least a great doubles hitter in the making win the potential to convert more than a handful of them into HRs.

He's something between a Joey Votto and Jesse Winker playing 3B. Can't ask for much more than that.
    Last edited by Wonderful Monds; 06-09-2016 at 09:32 PM.

6. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (06-11-2016)

The consensus seemed to be the Phillies did get the top prospect Maniok but after that there six prospects rated the same. They seem to say strength of draft is between 20-40 not 2-10. Sounds like the Reds draft will sink or swim more on the next two picks.

Taylor Sparks is going to need to find a new position.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Keith Law knows what's up.
    "If I wanted you to understand I would have explained it better."
    - Johan Cruyff, RIP

http://m.reds.mlb.com/news/article/1...icid=167757330

"We're really excited, this is the guy we wanted. He's a very polished player, one of the better hitters, if not the best hitter, in the Draft," Reds senior director of amateur scouting Chris Buckley said. "We think his power will improve the more he plays. He's a complete player -- runs, throws and plays his position well."

In 2015, Senzel was named the Most Valuable Player of the Cape Cod League, the nation's most prestigious summer wooden-bat league for college players. That helped elevate him to the top of the Reds' Draft board, according to Buckley.

The Reds believe that Senzel won't take long to move through the system toward the Major Leagues.

"Players determine that. They move themselves," Buckley said. "When they go to [Class] A ball and dominate, they get moved up to Double-A. You would think he could do it very quickly. He's a very polished guy."
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

11. Likes:

Cannon (06-10-2016),Redeyecat (06-10-2016)

"one of the better hitters, if not the best hitter" kind of a weird thing to say but I'll take it.
    "If I wanted you to understand I would have explained it better."
    - Johan Cruyff, RIP

Rahier and LaValley liated as 3B's at Dayton. Do you challenge Senzel and start him out with the Dragons (if he signs fairly quickly)?

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Rahier and LaValley liated as 3B's at Dayton. Do you challenge Senzel and start him out with the Dragons (if he signs fairly quickly)?
    Rahier and LaValley are both trash so I'd be cool with Senzel starting there.

LaValley is in Daytona playing first base. Taylor Sparks plays third.

In Dayton 3B was primarily Brantley Bell's spot but Tanner Rahier has been getting starts there since his return.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Dayton? I'm thinking Daytona. And if they really want to challenge him, Pensacola.

17. Likes:

mth123 (06-10-2016),Old school 1983 (06-10-2016),RedsRocker (06-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Dayton? I'm thinking Daytona. And if they really want to challenge him, Pensacola.
    Yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up there. Billings is most likely, even though I want to see him start at Dayton.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up there. Billings is most likely, even though I want to see him start at Dayton.
    They sent Tyler Stephenson to Billings last season and he was straight out of HS and a #9 pick. Supposedly they took Senzel for the advanced bat. He should never spend a day in Billings (except for travel, I hear it's lovely). Dayton would even be a conservative assignment.

20. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-10-2016),Old school 1983 (06-10-2016),RedsRocker (06-11-2016)

I think a start in Dayton feels right. Hopefully he will tear the league up.

The Dragons are an important cog in the minor league machine and that team could use a big boost.

22. Likes:

SirFelixCat (06-10-2016)

Turn Off Ads?